Bring back the Excursion with 7.3L

Cory Plymel

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Well, since Super Duty and F-150 share cab structures...wondering what would it take to put an Expedition body onto a SD 3/4 ton chassis? I am sure that it should be "do-able"...just wondering what the take rate would be...how many 3/4 ton chassis Suburbans are sold?

I think a couple guys with a welder could create an Excursion from a SD crew cab in a few hours.   But I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze considering production constraints and all the other new projects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ice-capades changed the title to Bring back the Excursion with 7.3L
On 7/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, twintornados said:

Well, since Super Duty and F-150 share cab structures...wondering what would it take to put an Expedition body onto a SD 3/4 ton chassis? I am sure that it should be "do-able"...just wondering what the take rate would be...how many 3/4 ton chassis Suburbans are sold?

Re-posting as a reminder. I think Ford's market research says that there would not be enough of a "take rate" to make it profitable.

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, twintornados said:

Oof...

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:20 AM, Cory Plymel said:

With the rise in camping families having a tow vehicle for an RV that's sits more than 6 and can tow 14k+++ would be amazing!

This!!! Have a family of 6.  Its impossible to tow the larger trailers with a large enough sitting capacity Navigator etc because they do not have the towing capacity.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:14 AM, kookyluke said:

This!!! Have a family of 6.  Its impossible to tow the larger trailers with a large enough sitting capacity Navigator etc because they do not have the towing capacity.

Got you covered,,,,  https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2019-FORD-F650-5019186258?cmp=facebook_paidsocial_prospecting-5000001850-5019186258-&utm_medium=paid&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=Non-Dealer CTT Prospecting – All – Lowest Cost

HRG

6224948b6e5a8860c6013569.jpg