C’mon, Man

On May 19th I talked to a Ford salesman in Northern Nevada and built a F350 Tremor on the website and he took my credit card number for a $1000 deposit for a special order.  He said it would be a 2022, but nothing has been charged on my credit card.  

Generally how long does it take to submit an order or does the dealership have to wait for allocations or ordering windows?

Edited by usmc0802

6 minutes ago, usmc0802 said:

On May 19th I talked to a Ford salesman in Northern Nevada and built a F350 Tremor on the website and he took my credit card number for a $1000 deposit for a special order.  He said it would be a 2022, by nothing has been charged on my credit card.  When will my  truck order be submitted?

I hate to sound harsh but how the heck would we know?  That’s between you and your dealer.

43 minutes ago, usmc0802 said:

On May 19th I talked to a Ford salesman in Northern Nevada and built a F350 Tremor on the website and he took my credit card number for a $1000 deposit for a special order.  He said it would be a 2022, by nothing has been charged on my credit card.  

Generally how long does it take to submit an order or does the dealership have to wait for allocations or ordering windows?

My order was processed and confirmation to my email before I left the dealership.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gadget said:

My order was processed and confirmation to my email before I left the dealership.

2 hours ago, usmc0802 said:

What was the date you did that?

Same here.  Although not that fast because it was after hours, but I went to the dealership at like 5pm and gave them the BUILD Print out I did on Fords website for 2021's and they just added the same options under my 2022 order and by the next MORNING on 5/8 i had the Order COnfirmation Email from the actual FORD MOTOR CO. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess every dealer is different. Perhaps yours is holding off on charging your card until "something" happens...maybe even delivery. 
My dealer took my debt card and pulled the $1000 deposit out of my account on the spot. Got the confirmation email that evening.
This is an A/Z plan on 7 April for a MY22, for what that's worth. My deposit shows on the deal work sheet.

If your order isn't confirmed by now I'd be asking questions of the salesman.

• Thanks 1

I cancelled my order with the dealer in Reno. I went to a different dealer, they built the truck, submitted the order, charged the $1000 deposit, got the email confirmation….deal done.

Corwin Ford in Reno wasted three weeks of my life, sitting on my order.  F*ck those guys.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:26 AM, RubenZ said:

Same here.  Although not that fast because it was after hours, but I went to the dealership at like 5pm and gave them the BUILD Print out I did on Fords website for 2021's and they just added the same options under my 2022 order and by the next MORNING on 5/8 i had the Order COnfirmation Email from the actual FORD MOTOR CO. 

Same process here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my Tremor order on a Thursday and have an email confirmation from Ford the next day.  I wrote a check for the $500 deposit but the sales manager says they will not cash it and will use it for the actual purchase.  To this date the check has not been cashed so maybe they wont charge your credit card?

On 6/12/2021 at 8:40 PM, usmc0802 said:

I cancelled my order with the dealer in Reno. I went to a different dealer, they built the truck, submitted the order, charged the $1000 deposit, got the email confirmation….deal done.

Corwin Ford in Reno wasted three weeks of my life, sitting on my order.  F*ck those guys.

When ordering, always ask them for the order summary sheet, or at least at the bare minimum, the order number. If you get the order number, you can contact Ford yourself and ask them if it's been scheduled or even ordered.

• Like 1

I was also asked for a down payment when I ordered my 2022 however they never charged my cc for the down payment? I ordered mid March and my dealership never attached my email to the order so I never got any order confirmation. Im stopping by the dealership tonight. I had called Ford marketing once and was given a vin and scheduled build date of July 19th called Ford Marketing again today to see if anything changed and the lady told me she doesn’t have any info? ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tremordreaming said:

I was also asked for a down payment when I ordered my 2022 however they never charged my cc for the down payment? I ordered mid March and my dealership never attached my email to the order so I never got any order confirmation. Im stopping by the dealership tonight. I had called Ford marketing once and was given a vin and scheduled build date of July 19th called Ford Marketing again today to see if anything changed and the lady told me she doesn’t have any info? ?‍♂️ 

Update.....stopped at my dealership last night and wasn’t able to find out anything other than the order was in process. They clearly didn’t want to help me. Posted on this forum asking for help with info and got a confirmation within hours of a build week of July 25th! The services  offered up on this forum by Cyberdman and Ice-Capades is invaluable to everyone that struggles prying information out of their dealership!! Hats off to them!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tremordreaming said:

Update.....stopped at my dealership last night and wasn’t able to find out anything other than the order was in process. They clearly didn’t want to help me. Posted on this forum asking for help with info and got a confirmation within hours of a build week of July 25th! The services  offered up on this forum by Cyberdman and Ice-Capades is invaluable to everyone that struggles prying information out of their dealership!! Hats off to them!

If we didn't have forums, most of us would be completely in the dark...

• Like 2

I went to my dealer, they submitted my order and took my deposit.  Although I got the credit card receipt I had to ask for the the order summary and some sort of written receipt showing what the deposit was for.  I waited patiently for the next few days for the confirmation from Ford.  Didn't get it.  Talked to the dealer and they blew me off.  After reading this forum I called the Ford number and they confirmed my order was there.  I asked a week ago if they would change my priority from 19 to 10.  Salesman said he couldn't do that.  After time on this forum I knew better.  I went down there and talked to the sales manager and they changed the priority......reluctantly.  I struggle to understand why these dealers either don't know the systems and processes or don't want to provide good customer service.  I really appreciate the people in this group that help the rest of us know what can and can't be done.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rlatronico said:

I struggle to understand why these dealers either don't know the systems and processes or don't want to provide good customer service. 

Because they’re lazy and 95% of their customers either don’t know of don’t care.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rlatronico said:

I went to my dealer, they submitted my order and took my deposit.  Although I got the credit card receipt I had to ask for the the order summary and some sort of written receipt showing what the deposit was for.  I waited patiently for the next few days for the confirmation from Ford.  Didn't get it.  Talked to the dealer and they blew me off.  After reading this forum I called the Ford number and they confirmed my order was there.  I asked a week ago if they would change my priority from 19 to 10.  Salesman said he couldn't do that.  After time on this forum I knew better.  I went down there and talked to the sales manager and they changed the priority......reluctantly.  I struggle to understand why these dealers either don't know the systems and processes or don't want to provide good customer service.  I really appreciate the people in this group that help the rest of us know what can and can't be done.

I had a similar "sloppy" experience.  I traded in my vehicle, ordered my new truck, gave them $1000 deposit, and (stupidly) left with nothing more than my cc receipt & a "thank you."  A few days later after emails, unanswered phone messages & texts, and some heated discussion, I finally got an order confirmation and a buyer's order showing all the pricing.  I just felt like they were intentionally withholding documentation that would lock everything in, so to speak.  This is a dealership that's been around for decades, so I wanted to trust them but I've learned to "trust, but verify."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, desperado said:

I had a similar "sloppy" experience.  I traded in my vehicle, ordered my new truck, gave them $1000 deposit, and (stupidly) left with nothing more than my cc receipt & a "thank you."  A few days later after emails, unanswered phone messages & texts, and some heated discussion, I finally got an order confirmation and a buyer's order showing all the pricing.  I just felt like they were intentionally withholding documentation that would lock everything in, so to speak.  This is a dealership that's been around for decades, so I wanted to trust them but I've learned to "trust, but verify."

Same, the dealer had me sign the build sheet but they acted surprised when I asked for a draft purchase agreement and what the deposit was for in writing. 

Edited by Winnipesaukee1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

Same, the dealer had me sign the build sheet but they acted surprised when I asked for a draft purchase agreement and what the deposit was for in writing. 

Exactly the same.  They were like 'You've got your order preview sheet" or whatever they called it.  And I was like "you've got my $70k truck and $1k cash and I'd like something documenting everything," and they acted like I was the one who was being unreasonable! ?

It’s not even a trust issue.  You need a clear contract that shows all pricing, fees and other transaction details just so there is no confusion or surprises later.  It’s like making a loan or other deal with a friend or family member.  It’s even more important to get it in writing so there is no misunderstanding later which could lead to losing a friend or alienating a family member.  And never give money or a vehicle without getting a receipt.

• Like 1