Concerned about order

I have this posted over on the tremor pages too. But hoping someone here has insight

I started this convo on someone else's thread accidentally hijacking it....heres the deal. I have my 22 lariat ultimate/black/Tremor ordered my issue. maybe is that my build sheet specs out term and all that. BUT in the specs about the truck it is calling for 20" wheels and not 35" tires...but the tremor is in there also...My dealer is checking himself. but hoping for some insight here...They are almost exclusively a fleet dealer. so these high end options are new to them. I will post what I have from him please help

ive spoke to the dealer (almost exclusively a fleet place) he says his Ford truck line he can call

assured him my trucks going to receive the 20” wheels and it shouldn’t   Also the departure and approach angles listed in the specs is wrong 

9EA5A387-0D03-4672-BABC-4802E0B87998.png

D4B098F8-AA72-47F9-8C6F-8A7FC1B57126.png

Should be 18” tremor specific wheels     And. Which I didn’t post the other photo. But the approach and departure angles are wrong.    Maybe these sheets he emailed me when I ordered don’t really hold much water.  Who knows ?? 

thanks!

1 hour ago, critter said:

Should be 18” tremor specific wheels     And. Which I didn’t post the other photo. But the approach and departure angles are wrong.    Maybe these sheets he emailed me when I ordered don’t really hold much water.  Who knows ?? 

thanks!

But you also ordered the 17L Black Appearance Package, which includes the 20's.  Maybe that takes precedent?

HRG

20's.JPG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

The tremor package should over ride the wheels and tires for that.   There’s a million of these black package tremors running around.   Even the KR and Platty get the 18” low gloss wheels  

I am mostly concerned because I’m swapping wheels and tires as soon as it shows up and the tremor wheels set with tires is way more valuable to sell off 

26 minutes ago, critter said:

The tremor package should over ride the wheels and tires for that.   There’s a million of these black package tremors running around.  

According to the 2022 SD Order Guide, the Black Appearance Package is new for 2022, and since no '22's have shipped yet, there might not be "millions" of the OR Tremor & BAP combinations running around.

But, you seem to have this figured out, so enjoy your new truck when it shows up.

HRG

2022 SD Black appearance.pdf

No need to get saucy about it fella.   However. The Lariat Black Appearance package is most definitely not new for this model year   It is new in think for being able to add it on XLT now though. That’s my guess why it says new for ‘22

man. First day on this forum and i can feel the. Love.  

thanks for that 

• Like 1

As already mentioned, maybe the Black Appearance package trumps the Tremor Package for the wheels and tires.  Perhaps the easiest way to sort it out would be to go to Ford.com and do a build and price on your truck exactly the way that you want it spec’d.  That would tell you exactly what works together, and what doesn’t, and you’re not dependent on information from your salesman, which may or may not be accurate.  Just a thought, and in no way meant as an insult or criticism.

Edited by Mirage Flatter
Spellcheck
  • Like 1

Yeah. I have built and priced this truck out so so many times.   However. The only thing is. The 2022 builder isn’t live on the web     So I’ve only done it as 2021.  Oh Well.   Just thought maybe I’d catch someone with the same experience.  Or could tell me those papers I posted a picture of may not be the end all.   I’ll bug the dealer a little more this week   

I’ve looked the ‘22 order guide over and I don’t see a definitive answer one way or another.  Common sense would say that Tremor wheels would be paired with Tremor suspension.  I too would be concerned about not getting clarification.   Ask your dealer for the regional sales manager’s contact info and ask them directly.  

I started looking at ordering my ‘21 F250 at around the same stage (order guide out but website was previous model year) and there were several anomalies like yours.  Even after the build site was up there were several errors.  Here is how it showed the sport/black package wheels with the HCTP for the first couple of weeks (top pic).  As time went by they made corrections.

03AD6A96-292B-4D02-8E68-D780852E79F6.png

63315978-CCA2-4635-966C-72A5A7428238.png

Edited by pig9r
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pig9r said:

I’ve looked the ‘22 order guide over and I don’t see a definitive answer one way or another.  Common sense would say that Tremor wheels would be paired with Tremor suspension.  I too would be concerned about not getting clarification.   Ask your dealer for the regional sales manager’s contact info and ask them directly.  

03AD6A96-292B-4D02-8E68-D780852E79F6.png

63315978-CCA2-4635-966C-72A5A7428238.png

There is absolutely no way a Dealer is going to give the Regional Sales Manager's contact information to a customer. There would be hell to pay and other repercussions! 

• 2 weeks later...

I can state that MY2022 Tremor build with Black Appearance Package does specifically state on the order sheet "35" OFF ROAD L285/75/R18E AT" tires. But the order sheet the dealer provided me looks much different than what you have listed in your original post.

Yeah. I’ve heard that a couple times now. I have no idea what my guy emailed me.  I did all mine over the phone   I’m going to see him tomorrow or Wednesday to drop my current truck I sold them off. We know the guy   It’ll be fine I’m thinking I’ll ask him to see more proper order sheet I suppose when I get there is where I guess I’m at now 

thanks!

48 minutes ago, rsmith2786 said:

The black appearance package is new for 2022.  I think there was a previously a sport appearance package that was similar.  That name is now attached to a package with different features.  Ford made it a little confusing here.

Options and package content changes and is noted in the order guides that are available in the Dealer Order Guides section. The order guides provide all the information on available specifications, content, restrictions, etc. If it's not in the order guide, it's not available. 

• Like 1