2022 Aviator order help, please.

4 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

So if it is incorrect and misleading, then why don't you correct me instead of just stating that and leaving it open ended.  I'd think the other members would want to know the correct info.

I already corrected your statement.

4 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

I ordered my 2007, 2011, 2015 and two 2020s and have never signed any document prior to completing the sale.  Yes, I've had to send a picture of my license which isn't a big deal.  My comment/reply was in regards to signing the order sheet.  These were dealers in VA, MI and NH so not even the same dealer.  Granted these were all Fords and not Lincolns but figured it would be the same process.  My bad.

You said no verification was required.  The COVP program was just implemented on all vehicles as explained earlier and it does require verification that it is a retail order.  What happened in the past isn’t relevant because the rules have changed.  That’s all we’re trying to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ufnavy06 said:

I guess I need to ask my dealer what we actually ordered.  Paperwork was signed on March 10th.  I got a screenshot showing the vehicle has a VIN (shows 2021) back in May but if the dates align, then we should be getting a 2022, right?

If you have a VIN number then your vehicle is scheduled. Your Dealer can give you the latest status available via the Vehicle Visibility system. 

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You and other keep talking about getting 2021MY Aviators scheduled even when it's been made clear that scheduling for 2021's "balanced out" some time ago. Scheduling for the 2022MY Aviators is supposed to start this Thursday, June 17th. 

I think you need to reread my posts.  I specifically said orders opened in March for 2022s and that there was no way a 2021 order could have been placed last month (May).  Post # 2.

So you are saying a 2021 order could be placed in May or are you saying you don't know what I posted since I never said that.

Edited by blwnsmoke

3 hours ago, akirby said:

You said no verification was required.  The COVP program was just implemented on all vehicles as explained earlier and it does require verification that it is a retail order.  What happened in the past isn’t relevant because the rules have changed.  That’s all we’re trying to say.

Fair enough.  Things have changed and I appreciate being corrected with how it is done now.  What I don't care for is people posting someone is wrong yet don't state what is wrong or posting the correct info (not referring to you).  If one doesn't want to politely correct someone with the new or proper info, then don't bother posting as it doesn't help other members.

Edited by blwnsmoke

3 hours ago, akirby said:

No, COVP was mentioned once in this thread about it being enhanced.  There was no explanation of what it was.  A license to my knowledge has always been required (at least in every ordering experience I have ever done.  Being that to me is standard, my point was no order needs to be signed.  THAT is what I meant regardless of how you took it 

With that being changed now, again, I appreciate being corrected on that.  But it didn't need to be this difficult or take this long to be told this is a new process and what the process actually involves.

11 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

I think you need to reread my posts.  I specifically said orders opened in March for 2022s and that there was no way a 2021 order could have been placed last month (May).  Post # 2.

So you are saying a 2021 order could be placed in May or are you saying you don't know what I posted since I never said that.

Sorry if there was some miscommunication and/or misinterpretation. Yes, the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for 2022MY Aviator's opened on 03/15/201. Final 2021MY Aviators were due from dealerships on 03/25/2021 and scheduling "Balanced Out" by mid-April. An order for a 2021 Aviator could technically be placed after scheduling "Balanced Out" but both the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) and CONCEPS ordering systems would both generate an error notice that the 2021MY was balanced out. You were talking about placing orders and I was talking about the scheduling.    

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
 Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at hhtps://cni.dealerconnection.com

On 6/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, ice-capades said:

Per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Aviator.

• 03/05/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/17/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/30/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

Balance out is not until July 30th according to what you posted previously. Could this be the reason they took the order? Now why on earth taking orders for 2 different years during any one time period (3 1/2 months) just does not make sense to me, but there’s a lot of things people and companies do that doesn’t make sense in my opinion. I’m just trying to understand the situation and what may have happened. I’m still firing my salesman for not responding to phone messages left and emails. But I want to know if I should switch dealerships as well. 

Edited by BTilbury

On 6/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, ice-capades said:

Per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Aviator.

• 03/05/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/17/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/30/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

I decided to call the Lincoln customer service to see if they had any additional information. They did verify all of these dates. They also said they will be building 21’s (7/30/21) before starting assembly on 22’s. He could not say when 22’s would be built. Either they will just switch straight to them when they are done with 21’s or they will switch back to Explorers for a period and then come back to Aviators. Hope this helps anyone else that may have orders in and are trying to decide. Now I have to decide if I just want to go with the 21 or wait who knows how long for them to switch to 22 builds. 

Edited by BTilbury

18 minutes ago, BTilbury said:

Balance out is not until July 30th according to what you posted previously. Could this be the reason they took the order? Now why on earth taking orders for 2 different years during any one time period (3 1/2 months) just does not make sense to me, but there’s a lot of things people and companies do that doesn’t make sense in my opinion. I’m just trying to understand the situation and what may have happened. I’m still firing my salesman for not responding to phone messages left and emails. But I want to know if I should switch dealerships as well. 

The July 30th Balance Out Date is for production only and not related to scheduling matters. There is a cut-off date for submitting orders at the end of the Model Year, in essence a "balance out" related to scheduling and not the production "balance out" which is a separate matter. The cut-off date for submitting orders at the end of the Model Year is usually about the time of the "Last Day to Spec Change" or before the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens for the next Model Year. Orders submitted after the cut-off/balance out date for scheduling are DEAD and sit in the Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) until cancelled by the Dealer. Orders are not automatically converted to the next Model Year. Dealers must submit a new retail order for the customer for the new Model Year in accordance with the order guide for the new Model Year. 

Lincoln did not complete 2021 Aviator scheduling until weeks later that planned and has kept delaying the start of scheduling for the 2022MY Aviator which is now due to start this Thursday, June 17th if the information I've seen still holds. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

FWIW, I spoke with my Lincoln dealer's sales manager (John) today, and we talked about Ford's enhanced Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). According to John, this program is available to Lincoln dealerships but applies only to unscheduled orders placed on or after April 1, 2021. My order for a 2022 Aviator was submitted to Lincoln Motor Company on March 30, so my order does not require further verification via the enhanced Customer Order Verification Program.

John went on to say how challenging it is to conduct business with new-car inventory in such short supply. He said he has customers with vehicles coming off-lease soon, and he has very few new vehicles to offer as replacements.