Update to a 2022 ?

Would I be wrong to ask the Dealership for a 2022 instead of the 2021 F350 Lariat that is built and setting ? I have canceled two upcoming trips this summer and late summer 4 wheeling pulling a toy hauler because no one knows anything about delivery time. Or ask for more of a discount ???

48 minutes ago, LEADHEAD said:

Would I be wrong to ask the Dealership for a 2022 instead of the 2021 F350 Lariat that is built and setting ? I have canceled two upcoming trips this summer and late summer 4 wheeling pulling a toy hauler because no one knows anything about delivery time. Or ask for more of a discount ???

There's such an extreme shortage, dealer should have no problem selling the 2021 while you wait for a 2022

I doubt the dealer cares as they are all dying for trucks. Those of us that ordered 22’s a few months ago have end of July/early August builds at this point so if they actually ship (some will I assume) with all the chips say September before we are leaving the dealer. I would think your looking at a September build if you order now?

Mine is built F350 Lariat and awaiting chips. It was built May 13th. I went past a local dealer and seen 2 new F250s they just received Friday. Just wondering if they will chip the ones that are all ready sold before doing dealer stock. I have had Chevys since I could drive and thought I would try a Ford this time around. Not sure if the communication channels are open between Corporate and Dealers. My Dealer has answered my questions to the best of their ability but says Corporate is lacking on answers.

21 minutes ago, LEADHEAD said:

Mine is built F350 Lariat and awaiting chips. It was built May 13th. I went past a local dealer and seen 2 new F250s they just received Friday. Just wondering if they will chip the ones that are all ready sold before doing dealer stock. I have had Chevys since I could drive and thought I would try a Ford this time around. Not sure if the communication channels are open between Corporate and Dealers. My Dealer has answered my questions to the best of their ability but says Corporate is lacking on answers.

I also ordered an F-350 Lariat, albeit a '22. I've had Chevys, too. I currently drive a Fiat (Ram 1500) ?, and I'm really looking forward to my first (personally owned) Ford truck. I put 100's of thousands of miles on Ford work trucks. Having spent 30+ years in the trades, I rarely saw a non-Ford work truck.

This situation that Ford finds themselves in is not limited to Ford only, it's just our focus. There are a ton of factors in this logistical nightmare they find themselves in, a "Perfect Storm" of awe SH*T!. I think you'll see your '21 soon enough, and I wouldn't give up on it just yet. There may likely even be completed '22s shipping as yours ships, it's just how it might work out. Those that are saying 6 months to a year, "Come on Man!" There's too much at stake as an auto manufacturer for Ford to let that happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Oregon_Tremor said:

Dealer shouldn't care.  They can't get enough trucks.  I drove by a local dealership yesterday that didn't have one new truck.  Just looked like a used car dealership.

My local dealer had a customers truck that was waiting on service sitting in the showroom last time I was in there ?

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

And this is all the reason I told the dealer that I plan on picking up my truck within hours of it rolling off the delivery truck. I don’t need people test driving or crawling over my truck if it’s the only SD in the lot.

I asked if i could drive it as it was a tremor package. That's when i was told it was a customers truck and couldnt do that. Wasnt until i walked over to it that I noticed it had plates and personal effects inside. It was also locked.

30 minutes ago, mattdm said:

I asked if i could drive it as it was a tremor package. That's when i was told it was a customers truck and couldnt do that. Wasnt until i walked over to it that I noticed it had plates and personal effects inside. It was also locked.

Yeah, my dealer has the trucks locked and you can’t sit in them or test drive them. They are just eye candy.

• Like 1