Does Fords Order Tracking Website work?

6 minutes ago, mrmallerd said:

& if it does, is there a delay between getting your VIN & it showing up.  Basically, I received my VIN for a 2022 on day one & it does not show up when I put the info into the website.

The status updates on the public site are posted on a delayed basis and only provide limited information. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides updates as soon as there's any change regarding scheduling, production and shipping status and also maintains the entire order history.  

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 9:59 AM, ice-capades said:

The status updates on the public site are posted on a delayed basis and only provide limited information. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides updates as soon as there's any change regarding scheduling, production and shipping status and also maintains the entire order history.  

So I have a priority of 14, with one truck ahead of me at my dealer. He has allocation, but no trucks were selected on 6/10 or 6/17. I e-mailed him Friday morning and asked if anything had moved. his reply was  "Not yet, but it looks like the one before you is going to be scheduled soon."

How would he know a vehicle would be scheduled soon, and how would he know if mine is going to be scheduled soon? Would vehicle visibility give him some sort of previewed status? Or does this have anything to do with Ford easing allocation to get all the retail orders in? When can we start seeing an impact in the changing of allocation rules?

Thanks you Mr Capades for your assistance with all of this. 

4 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

Is there any way to find out which commodities are causing holds? I know it changes throughout the year but it would be nice to have access to that info without having to bug the dealer.

Only the dealer has access to that information.

You people need to start forcing your dealer to do their job or go somewhere else.

• Like 1

My dealer is more than happy to get me the information. I’m the kind of guy that likes to find resources, if they exist, so I can look things up for myself when I get a whim. I’m an over-analyzer and don’t want to bug for non-essential stuff I’m fussing over.

14 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

Or Ford could be better at providing info directly to their customers...

Ford doesn’t sell vehicles to consumers.  Ford sells to dealers and dealers sell to consumers.  Ford makes this info available to dealers and remember retail orders are typically only about 5% of sales.  And things like commodity holds and allocations and scheduling get complicated and trying to explain all those details to the average consumer is next to impossible.  Just look at all the questions Ice-capades gets here and this is just a tiny sample of buyers.  

I understand why you want the info and it would be nice to have it in some cases but letting the dealer off the hook just allows them to continue not doing their job and continue providing crappy service.  Shop around and find a dealer who knows what is going on and will be truthful with you.  Dealers are independent businesses and Ford has no control over them.

• Like 3