Tonneau cover

rjdiv

I have been doing some research on retractable tonneaus and think the roll-n-lock is what I will be going with when I finally see my truck built and delivered.  Lots of decent reviews and does not have a huge cannister for the tonneau to roll up into

B9249FDE-9DD0-4591-AB1F-8D6418B93E06.thumb.jpeg.6d7d25e0b4accfb786aa27d2cfa5d615.jpeghSo I have owned both styles. I currently own a Retrax XR and I do love it with the power retractable cover.  I have had issues with it. Once it was installed it got scratched not sure if it was dealer install error which is my thoughts because I had to walk them through install , I wasn’t impressed with them.  But with that being said I called retrax and they sent me a complete new canister which houses the retractable cover.  Easy swap out but 1 1/2 years later the power motor stopped working but of course I saved the old cover for parts so I had a motor so no down time.  They are sending me a brand new motor under warranty so warranty process is second to none.   Now as far as Exstang Tri fold for guys that want it. That worked fir a while but I plow residential driveways and leave lid folded back one time while I have equipment in back and while going down the highway it lifted snd broke now yes this isn’t there fault it was user error ?. My son has one on his 18 f-150 and loves it here’s a couple pics for u mine is ona f250 

41CAB51D-6641-4953-B333-17D6348BF05D.jpeg

• Like 1

Now that I've read this thread, I am second guessing which cover to get or should I go with after market. I had planned on getting the hard folding cover when I ordered my truck next week. Has anyone had any experience with the last few model years with this cover? 

• 1 month later...

I had the oem trifold cover on an f150 3-4 years ago and it leaked.  It wasn't terrible, but there was always a little water in the bed after driving in the rain.  On my f250 order, I am getting the oem retractable.  I've seen a few on dealer lots and the movement seems very smooth.  I have seen some posts relating to poor installation that results in some binding, but that seems to be rare.  I am hoping that this one is more "waterproof".  I will have a bed mat installed over the spray in liner, so that may help some as well.

4 hours ago, Edunn37 said:

I had the oem trifold cover on an f150 3-4 years ago and it leaked.  It wasn't terrible, but there was always a little water in the bed after driving in the rain.  On my f250 order, I am getting the oem retractable.  I've seen a few on dealer lots and the movement seems very smooth.  I have seen some posts relating to poor installation that results in some binding, but that seems to be rare.  I am hoping that this one is more "waterproof".  I will have a bed mat installed over the spray in liner, so that may help some as well.

When you get your F250, check the rail clamps on your oem retractable tonneau cover. I just got mine last week and found that the factory installers had not tightened down the bottom bolt on each clamp which is supposed to brace the clamp against the side of the bed.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skyler.WA said:

When you get your F250, check the rail clamps on your oem retractable tonneau cover. I just got mine last week and found that the factory installers had not tightened down the bottom bolt on each clamp which is supposed to brace the clamp against the side of the bed.

I will do that.  Thank you