2022 Toyota Tundra Thread

rmc523

2 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s just a counterpoint to “Toyotas are more reliable”.  They’re not.  They’re all about the same.

Exactly,while there are still a handful of brands and models that should be avoided, most cars in sale today are incredibly reliable, and the gap in terms of reliability between brands is virtually nonexistent now. This isn't the 70s when American cars were falling apart as they rolled off the assembly line, they're actually pretty good now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Your are correct. And if I took the time to do a "google search" on the F-150s there would be plenty of issues/recalls, etc. I don't really find posts of this nature in regards to any vehicle that fruitful. Look at the disaster of the Bronco launch, roofs, etc. 

As Akirby stated, I am just showing they all have their issues.

Disaster of the Bronco launch?  You mean the lack of microchips that every manufacturer is experiencing?  The fact that almost every dealers parking lot is empty?

The roofs, sure, that's a manufacturers issue and Ford is addressing it.  It also is at least a cosmetic issue so people can continue to use them if delivered.

• Like 1

I have an F350 on order (getting built end of Sept!)....it'd be great if it approached the reliability of my 2012 Tundra.  My Tundra has ~165k miles.  It still drives great and feels 'new'...nothing loose, no play.  We tow a lot with it.  5k lb horse trailer to 8k+ lb tractor.  It probably has ~40k miles towing.  

I needed a 1 ton to pull a larger horse trailer and I'm excited to get the F350.  If I was buying another 1/2 ton, it'd be a Tundra...  We also have a 2012 Sequoia (140k) and a 2014 Camry (180k).  Both have been rock solid as well.  I tend to keep vehicles for a long time, so I can care less if the auto maker does a re-fresh every few years....I look at cars/trucks for what they are, a depreciating asset that gets me from point A to point B, and for that Toyota has been great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

As Akirby stated, I am just showing they all have their issues.

Disaster of the Bronco launch?  You mean the lack of microchips that every manufacturer is experiencing?  The fact that almost every dealers parking lot is empty?

The roofs, sure, that's a manufacturers issue and Ford is addressing it.  It also is at least a cosmetic issue so people can continue to use them if delivered.

Yea-but if you haven't taken delivery you are going to wait a very long time......

https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-embarrassed-by-the-ford-bronco-hard-top-problem-1847485040

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I still go back to wasn't it CR that rated the Tesla over 100 on a 100 point scale?  Tells me all I need to know.

No sir. No Tesla or any other car/light truck ever rated over 100 in CR's automotive reliability survey. The highest scores in the most recent survey (2020) are.

• Toyota Prius, 93
  • Lexus NX, 91
  • Buick Encore, 91
  • Lexus GX, 90
  • Honda HR-V, 90
  • Toyota Prius Prime, 88
  • Hyundai Kona, 87

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

No sir. No Tesla or any other car/light truck ever rated over 100 in CR's automotive reliability survey. The highest scores in the most recent survey (2020) are.

• Toyota Prius, 93
  • Lexus NX, 91
  • Buick Encore, 91
  • Lexus GX, 90
  • Honda HR-V, 90
  • Toyota Prius Prime, 88
  • Hyundai Kona, 87

You know damn well that was a road test review where model S scored 103 out of 100.

You posted the CR results.  I posted the JD power results that contradict CR.  Everyone can make up their own mind which one they want to believe.

No need for any further discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

• Toyota Prius, 93
  • Lexus NX, 91
  • Buick Encore, 91
  • Lexus GX, 90
  • Honda HR-V, 90
  • Toyota Prius Prime, 88
  • Hyundai Kona, 87

Go take your Bullshit somewhere else....   You know damn well they did.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-model-s-scores-another-best-in-class-from-consumer-reports-2015-08-27

"Consumer Reports, in what at first appears to be a case of grade inflation, has given a new, top-of-the-line version of Tesla Motors’ TSLA, 3.58%  Model S sedan a 103-point score — out of a possible 100."

https://insideevs.com/news/328671/tesla-model-s-scores-103-points-on-consumer-reports-0-100-rating-scale/

"Tesla Model S Scores 103 Points On Consumer Reports' 0-100 Rating Scale"

https://techcrunch.com/2015/08/27/teslas-model-s-p85d-just-broke-consumer-reports-ratings-system-scoring-103-out-of-100/

"Tesla’s Model S P85D Just Broke Consumer Reports’ Ratings System, Scoring 103 Out Of 100"

Of all the people on here, man I wish you went on a permanent vacation from this site.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, akirby said:

You know damn well that was a road test review where model S scored 103 out of 100.

You posted the CR results.  I posted the JD power results that contradict CR.  Everyone can make up their own mind which one they want to believe.

No need for any further discussion.

Can we catch our breath here?  Looking at CR's site, they have multiple rating categories, rperez is specifically talking about the "reliability" one, the 103 score was a different category, from what I'm reading.

https://insideevs.com/news/328671/tesla-model-s-scores-103-points-on-consumer-reports-0-100-rating-scale/

HRG

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Can we catch our breath here?  Looking at CR's site, they have multiple rating categories, rperez is specifically talking about the "reliability" one, the 103 score was a different category, from what I'm reading.

HRG

The point is more if they give a vehicle a score over their own metric in one category, why should I believe anything in their other categories?

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

He’s being extremely passive aggressive by specifically only mentioning reliability ratings and not mentioning the road test review scores.  He knows the model S scored 103 out of 100 on the road test review.  It’s a long standing pattern of cherry picking and refusing to acknowledge other facts that contradict his views of CR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

He’s being extremely passive aggressive by specifically only mentioning reliability ratings and not mentioning the road test review scores.  He knows the model S scored 103 out of 100 on the road test review.  It’s a long standing pattern of cherry picking and refusing to acknowledge other facts that contradict his views of CR.

I'm not quite sure how he can be accused of cherry picking, when he has tried to stay on the Tundra reliability topic, yet others attempted to de-rail the thread by dragging Tesla into the conversation in an attempt to discredit his postings?

You kids go have fun, time to fire-up the BBQ.   HRG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm not quite sure how he can be accused of cherry picking, when he has tried to stay on the Tundra reliability topic, yet others attempted to de-rail the thread by dragging Tesla into the conversation in an attempt to discredit his postings?

You kids go have fun, time to fire-up the BBQ.   HRG

Tesla is completely on topic when it comes to Consumer Reports credibility,

He is cherry picking by citing CR as the only source when I posted JD Power results that contradict CR.  

Now I’m going to ask again let it go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rperez817 said:

The latest press release from Toyota said "More to come when the Tundra is fully unleashed this fall". 2022 Toyota Tundra: Setting a New Bar for Comfort, Capability and Convenience - Toyota USA Newsroom

Most automotive journalists estimate September or October 2021.

These are some early teasers for something that largely nobody will care about.  (i.e. it's not the return of something like Bronco or Supra that deserves some hype/drawn out launch).

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

These are some early teasers for something that largely nobody will care about.  (i.e. it's not the return of something like Bronco or Supra that deserves some hype/drawn out launch).

Yes sir rmc523, this whole long and drawn out "teaser" thing for 2022 Tundra is weird. Toyota Motor Sales USA has never done anything like this before for a high volume, popular vehicle.

Edited by rperez817

On 8/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, rperez817 said:

• Toyota Prius, 93
  • Lexus NX, 91
  • Buick Encore, 91
  • Lexus GX, 90
  • Honda HR-V, 90
  • Toyota Prius Prime, 88
  • Hyundai Kona, 87

How on earth did HRV and Kona get such high scores. The HRV in particular is soooooo nondescript and forgettable in the looks department....so dated looking. Kona is not much better. Trax is forgettable too. That segment looks like bargain basement and none of them deserve high score.

9 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

How on earth did HRV and Kona get such high scores. The HRV in particular is soooooo nondescript and forgettable in the looks department....so dated looking. Kona is not much better. Trax is forgettable too. That segment looks like bargain basement and none of them deserve high score.

What does looks have to do with reliability?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 11:36 PM, FordBuyer said:

They may not look great but they will last forever. Kind of nice to see there are reliable budget options tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blott93 said:

They may not look great but they will last forever. Kind of nice to see there are reliable budget options tbh.

I don't know about "predicted" reliability. Dubious to me. Seems to me Kia/Hyundai have as many recalls as anyone else. For example, Crosstrek has one of the highest CR scores and my Crosstrek had annoying rattle that developed after 2 years, jerky CVT when cold, and Subaru is notorious for head gasket problems at 70,000 miles. Wouldn't know that reading CR. 

I cross shopped the Kona and HRV when I bought my Escape and was underwhelmed by both in every way except for interior volume in HRV. Honda is dominant there. Kona is blah in every way and "predicted" reliability from CR is meaningless to me.