2022 Toyota Tundra Thread

rmc523

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Man, it's gonna be interesting to see how all the Toyota fanboys react to seeing that the new Tundra only comes with a v6. I bet all 12 of them are gonna find some reason to be pissed about that ?

Yea-but the V6 makes bigger numbers than the outgoing V8. Yea but some Truck=V8.  

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

Yea-but the V6 makes bigger numbers than the outgoing V8. Yea but some Truck=V8.  

I know, it's just the Tundra crowd are basically the exact same people who claimed the f-150 wasn't durable because it utilized turbocharged engines. Now their beloved Tundra only has turbocharged engines, it's hilarious. 

• Like 2

I see they literally stole the center lid design from the Navigator, I guess that’s why Toyota was testing the tundra along side a Navi. I swear it’s the funniest thing when I see 5’6” dudes JUMP (not hop lol) down out of Tundras that have American stickers plastered all over them: AS they drive their JAPANESE truck, downright hilarious. And it’s even funnier considering that the Big 3 make trucks that are so above and beyond anything else that it’s almost idiotic to choose a tundra over them

The Wagooner also stole the console design and other interior aspects from the Navi.

2 hours ago, dds010 said:

I see they literally stole the center lid design from the Navigator, I guess that’s why Toyota was testing the tundra along side a Navi. I swear it’s the funniest thing when I see 5’6” dudes JUMP (not hop lol) down out of Tundras that have American stickers plastered all over them: AS they drive their JAPANESE truck, downright hilarious. And it’s even funnier considering that the Big 3 make trucks that are so above and beyond anything else that it’s almost idiotic to choose a tundra over them

The Wagooner also stole the console design and other interior aspects from the Navi.

Last time I checked the Tundra is built in Texas  by Americans-supported by Dealerships owned by Americans-that employ Americans. Maybe you could elaborate on your thinking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Last time I checked the Tundra is built in Texas  by Americans-supported by Dealerships owned by Americans-that employ Americans. Maybe you could elaborate on your thinking.

I know where it’s built and everything else you said. It’s STILL an JAPANESE company which is why it’s hilarious. To buy a Japanese truck but THEN plaster American flags and memorabilia on the truck makes no sense, because you coulda bought……well ya know: a AMERICAN truck 

and to add to the fact that the big 3 make pickups (whatever brand allegence you have) that are vastly better

Edited by dds010

16 hours ago, dds010 said:

Do you even have proof of that theory??? Doesn't make sense at all to even execute in a timely manner.?

50 minutes ago, mpcmotorsports said:

Fully boxed frame? Welcome to the 2004 F-150.

3.5L turbocharged V6? Welcome to the 2010 F-150.

What does this even have to do with anything??? (FYI, the Ecoboost debuted for MY 2011, not MY2010)

Wow, I think a lot of us around here could be a bit better and try to be more objective, than stooping to such digs.

In my opinion the only real complaint to have are the marker lights being derivative, but unfortunately everyone else is doing it too.

Sidenote:

I really don't like it when people who criticize Ford products, are so quick to embrace and copy the Raptor signature lighting, which was Ford's own creative way of abiding by DOT regulation. They shouldn't be able to eat their cake and have it too in that respect.

44 minutes ago, JX1 said:

Do you even have proof of that theory??? Doesn't make sense at all to even execute in a timely manner.?

What does this even have to do with anything??? (FYI, the Ecoboost debuted for MY 2011, not MY2010)

Wow, I think a lot of us around here could be a bit better and try to be more objective, than stooping to such digs.

In my opinion the only real complaint to have are the marker lights being derivative, but unfortunately everyone else is doing it too.

Sidenote:

I really don't like it when people who criticize Ford products, are so quick to embrace and copy the Raptor signature lighting, which was Ford's own creative way of abiding by DOT regulation. They shouldn't be able to eat their cake and have it too in that respect.

Unfortunately-at times it's so biased on here that the replies are real far in left field-or seemingly coming from an alternate universe.  I will never forget "Fordbuyers" "birdseed" comment. That goes down in Blue Oval News hall of infamy.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Unfortunately-at times it's so biased on here that the replies are real far in left field-or seemingly coming from an alternate universe.  I will never forget "Fordbuyers" "birdseed" comment. That goes down in Blue Oval News hall of infamy.

I really championed this forum for being maturer and smarter than the rest out there, but some of what I see unfortunately goes against this ideal.

I am hoping that enough of us remember this and try to be better, as there's no reason for any of us, to be echoing a Disqus comment section.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JX1 said:

I really championed this forum for being maturer and smarter than the rest out there, but some of what I see unfortunately goes against this ideal.

I am hoping that enough of us remember this and try to be better, as there's no reason for any of us, to be echoing a Disqus comment section.

Well said.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JX1 said:

We're not being serious man, it's just some playful ribbing. Most of us don't really have any gripes with the Tundra, it's just everyone joking around. Kinda like how most fans of competing sports teams don't actually hate each other.

It's funny....whenever we're considering a new car for the wife, we try to look at all brands.  We looked this year, seeing if there was anything she preferred over the Aviator.  I flat-out told her that Lexus was off the table no matter what - I can't stomach that front end.  She agreed w/me, thankfully.....lol  

4 hours ago, TexasRedneck said:

It's funny....whenever we're considering a new car for the wife, we try to look at all brands.  We looked this year, seeing if there was anything she preferred over the Aviator.  I flat-out told her that Lexus was off the table no matter what - I can't stomach that front end.  She agreed w/me, thankfully.....lol  

Not only that, their main entrant in that segment dates back to 2007.