2022 Toyota Tundra Thread

rmc523

Well over on TFL truck in the comments section under "2022 Tundra Spied in shipping yard" there are some real pictures of the 2022 Tundra. Love the inside-the front is rather pickup truck generic.   There seems to be some controversy under the rights of the pictures-so I'm not posting the link or pictures. But they are there.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Well over on TFL truck in the comments section under "2022 Tundra Spied in shipping yard" there are some real pictures of the 2022 Tundra. Love the inside-the front is rather pickup truck generic.   There seems to be some controversy under the rights of the pictures-so I'm not posting the link or pictures. But they are there.

Thank you CKNSLS sir. Andre said that TFL Truck decided not to publish the pictures. Here is his explanation.

The official all-new 2022 Toyota Tundra reveal is coming soon, but two red Tundra pickup trucks were spied in the wild completely uncovered. Here is what happened and here is the reason why we are not publishing these images.

Several eagle-eye TFLtruck viewers with access to the TundraCrew Facebook group sent us images of the new 2022 Tundra trucks that are being unloaded from the vehicle transport at a shipping yard. According to the report, there was a Maserati car that needed to be unloaded and the two Tundra truck were blocking it on the transport, so had to be unloaded as well.

The reason why we are not publishing the images is that we do not have permission to use them. However, you can use the Facebook group link above and get access to them.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, CKNSLS said:

16 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you CKNSLS sir. Andre said that TFL Truck decided not to publish the pictures. Here is his explanation.

Aka, gun shy after the Bronco pics lol.

Ew....

364432accc2114f0757ba22f447824da5016a21a89bc35dee974c0d95ee8df03.jpg

Thumbnail

image.thumb.png.0a8b8c5941ad5a7f6132d3cfd43f2a17.png

• Thanks 1

Thank you rmc523 sir for locating and sharing the photos. Andre wasn't kidding when he said "spied in the wild completely uncovered". 

The truck itself looks like an appropriate evolution of the previous gen. Wouldn't be surprised if demand far outstrips supply as the first batches of 2022 Tundra reach dealerships.

Big NO for me.  Hate the front end and the lines above the rear wheel well make the bed look real ackward.

Makes the bed look like it is much lower (squatting).  

But the total loyalist will buy it up as looks don't matter to them.  It's more about how much more reliable they are then the other manufacturers.  So I heard..

4 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

It's more about how much more reliable they are then the other manufacturers.  So I heard..

You heard correctly. But there's no guarantee that new 2022 Tundra will match the reliability of the second gen. Completely new/redesigned models in their 1st model year tend to have more problems than in their 2nd and later years. 

Edited by rperez817

18 hours ago, tbone said:

That thing has a fat ass.  

Yeah, I think it's a combination of the taillights (the way it wraps around/extends on the bottom as well as the top), a "puffy" looking tailgate, and the way the body color wraps around the sides of the bumper like a traditional sedan or SUV, rather than having the bumper extend around the corners.

16 hours ago, AGR said:

Chevy is giving the Silverado a much-needed facelift, but this would have taken the ugliest truck crown away even if Chevy didn't do the refresh.

Eh, I've learned to never underestimate the ability of Chevy designers to make their truck uglier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I think it's a combination of the taillights (the way it wraps around/extends on the bottom as well as the top), a "puffy" looking tailgate, and the way the body color wraps around the sides of the bumper like a traditional sedan or SUV, rather than having the bumper extend around the corners.

Eh, I've learned to never underestimate the ability of Chevy designers to make their truck uglier.

The new Tundra isn't great looking....but isn't bad either. The back is a little off-but the front is as generic as Ford. Chevy went bold with their (1500) front end-but those "side burn" air damns killed it. Those "side burns" thing will be going away with the soon to be released refresh. Chevrolet HD trucks are a whole other situation.

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

The new Tundra isn't great looking....but isn't bad either. The back is a little off-but the front is as generic as Ford. Chevy went bold with their (1500) front end-but those "side burn" air damns killed it. Those "side burns" thing will be going away with the soon to be released refresh. Chevrolet HD trucks are a whole other situation.

The front of this Tundra actually reminds me of the '15 F-150 puffed up and oversized to where it doesn't look good.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 6:45 AM, gkmunch said:

The styling overall seems okay/"meh", but that body line above the rear fender is really distracting.  At least the front fender crease feels more like a continuation of the lines coming off of the headlight.

Yeah, as an aspiring designer, I would have had that crease along the bed run into the taillights to match what they did with the front.

Esthetically, I'm not a fan of this design.  We have a 2019 Sequoia and love it, so it's nothing against Toyota per se.  I really do not like the looks of the trapezoidal shape of the fender area.  This is the same reason I do not like the looks of GM trucks.  Hopefully, Ford does not move toward that design in the 2023 SDs.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 AM, gkmunch said:

The styling overall seems okay/"meh", but that body line above the rear fender is really distracting.  At least the front fender crease feels more like a continuation of the lines coming off of the headlight.

Looks like a big dent to me from a distance. Very weird design.

The 2022 Toyota Tundra specs and pictures have been announced and revealed. Interesting that some articles I see has the September 20th publish date even though it's still the 19th. lol As previously known here, the V8 is gone and replaced with turbocharged V6. Goes on sale later this year. There's a hybrid V6 coming few months after that. Kinda meh for me but good to see Toyota finally update the Tundra though.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/19/2022-toyota-tundra-twin-turbo-hybrid/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37640057/2022-toyota-tundra-specs-revealed/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-toyota-tundra-first-look-review/