My First Aviator Towing Experience

BriBoy

It came time to tow the Airstream, after nearly a year of super low mileage. I had the Tekonsha P3 brake controller, but no harness under dash, etc, so I went with the Curt Echo. I have to say, the Curt Echo performed beautifully. The only time it ever lost connection was at the gas station while refueling with ignition off. It reconnected with one click.

We used to drive a 1997 Town Car, putting over 52,000 miles towing on "Bessie". We had to use the Pro Pride weight distributing hitch. Reading the Aviator manual, it states that weight distributing hitch not required, so I removed the Pro Pride. That alone took nearly two hundred pounds off the tongue.

Dropping the Airstream down onto "Frankie" was solid and firm. The Aviator handled the weight easily. Towing was a dream. Plenty of power, and no sway. At all. Very impressive. We got an average of 14mpg towing. Unbelievable! The Smart Tow features all worked flawlessly.

This was just the maiden voyage, but encompassed many different towing environments; driving through the Florida Keys, driving highway, freeway, tollway, and city. Mother nature provided a moderate thunderstorm across Tamiami, and Frankie performed like a champ.

We're very happy with the Aviator, and towing the 26' 5,800lb Airstream was effortless. I highly recommend the Curt Echo for your brake controller. I had an unused iPhone 6 for the Curt Echo, and freed up my iPhone 11.

Couldn't be happier!

frankie towing.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...