The New 6.8L V8 Thread

On 11/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, 7Mary3 said:

I wonder if the 6.8/7.3L will ever get variable displacement.  I figure it will have direct injection in a few years.

If anything, along the lines of Coyote’s dynamic cylinder cutting,

DI? Maybe Ford will go to dual injection as a way of controlling mixtures under extreme load….

Just me but had no problems and never needed service of any kind works great for people like myself, just talking with my long-time dealer only dealer I have ever bought from since 1976 when I just got my driver's lic. Never been any place else & he said a lot of guys have come in & asked why ! & can't get over what they did to the option pkgs, the best pkg that kept us XLT users who just needed a really nice reg trk was PKG 613A with the XLT value pkg. Now that's gone & you lose a lot from that for everyday options. Plus you needed now a SC,CC just to get a nice-looking trk my personal opinion! I was just told they are closing the order bank this coming 16th, what was not clear & if you follow what's out there that would be just the XL, XLT`s because you can't order any other pkg until job 2 from how I read it.You cant even find a pic of a XLT any where just the trks that look great are the 1`s being used as examples to see how they will look when done. that's why you should still have a hard copy book like always so you can see 1 from the other right now you don't know what it will look like until one gets on a lot & you are ordering blind, I understand with all that's went on over the past few yrs but it looks like Ford is the only one with such a big problem, chevy already have out on lots the new EV Silverado CC what a sharp looking dash even in the gas engines the same thing, but I am a Ford guy so far. Here in MA, they are now showing the new 23 Denali that dash looks like the mustang but the exterior is sharp looking even the GMC or the Denali emblem lights up when you start it up. no expert on GM or Dodge but they have a $2000 cash bonus out on their pickups. just my opinion!