2022 Bronco Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the scheduling and production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Bronco.

• 09/03/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 09/23/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/10/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date

• 09/13/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/14/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 12/13/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

INFORMATION
New 2022 Model Year Bronco Content Announcement - Exterior Colors, Roof Options, Bumper Options

ACTION REQUESTED

• Review below Bronco Content Update effective for 2022 Model Year
  • Work with customers wanting to make updates to their order when the 2022MY order back opens

SUMMARY
We are excited to announce several content changes effective for 2022 Model Year Production. Look out for more information in the coming weeks!

2022MY Color Changes

• New Colors for 22MY: Eruption Green, Hot Pepper Red – Available on all series
  • Retired Colors after 21MY scheduled Closing: Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic, Rapid Red Metallic
  • Expanded Color Availability: Cyber Orange will be available on all series, adding Base & Big Bend for 2022MY offerings

Wildtrak Roof Options
We’ve been listening to your feedback and are excited to announce that effective with 22MY production, customers will have the option to order a soft top roof with the 4-door Wildtrak series.

Adding the soft top as an option for 4-door 2022 Wildtrak orders will help these customers get their order quicker.

We are unable to offer customers the option to switch their Wildtrak orders to soft tops for 21MY because of the complexity involved in changing standard equipment mid-model year.

Bumper Options

• New for 22MY: Capable Bumper (powder-coated steel)
    • Standard for 22MY Black Diamond and Badland orders
  • Updated for 22MY: Modular Front Bumper becomes an option on all series

ORDERING
Customers interested in switching their Wildtrak order to a soft top for 2022 model year production are able to do so when the 2022MY order bank opens. We will have more information around the process and timing in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated scheduling and production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Bronco.

• 12/10/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date

• 10/13/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 12/13/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

The 2022 Bronco Order Guide should be available on/or about 10/13/2021 and will be uploaded to the Dealer Order Guides section as soon as it's available. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Thanks 1

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated scheduling and production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Bronco.

• 12/15/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date

• 12/15/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

• 1 month later...

• 12/20/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date

• 12/20/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

• 1 month later...

Bronco-Raptor.png

INFORMATION
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Debuts

ACTION REQUESTED

• Ensure your team is aware of the Bronco Raptor reveal and key features
  • Review the customer CRM and familiarize yourself with the production and allocation process that will be forthcoming

SUMMARY
Bronco™ brand, Ford’s outdoor brand of Built Wild™ and only-4x4 vehicles, debuted today the ultimate desert-running and boulder-crawling 2022 Bronco Raptor. Geared for highway-speed desert off-roading and hardcore rock crawling, Bronco Raptor is designed and engineered by Ford Performance, the same team that engineers the F-150 Raptor, as the world’s first Ultra4-inspired SUV. 

Bronco Raptor will make its in-person debut Thursday, February 3rd at the 2022 King of the Hammers Ultra4 race event in Johnson Valley, California.

Bronco Raptor Features & Capability

• Extreme Built Wild capability includes technology such as:
    • Raptor-exclusive 400+ HP 3.0L twin-turbo EcoBoost® engine with specific Raptor-level tuning to meet Ford Performance standards
    • Unique G.O.A.T. Modes
  • Bronco Raptor is built for off-road performance with exclusive standard:
    • 37-inch BF Goodrich all-terrain tires
    • Raptor HOSS 4.0 w/ FOX Live Valve 3.1 Internal Bypass Semi-Active Dampers
    • Upgraded chassis and suspension including: new Dana 50 rear axle, upgraded front A-arms and knuckles, and strengthened steering rack and tie rods
    • Standard front and rear locking differentials and stabilizer bar disconnect
  • Other key features include:
    • Exclusive 4-Door with Molded In Color Hardtop ONLY
    • Even more confident high-speed cornering, plus unique muscular fenders, and massive fender flares for an overall width 9.8 inches wider than a standard Bronco
    • Ten exterior color options with a Raptor exclusive Code Orange 
    • Three different interior options; two leather-trimmed/vinyl and one marine grade vinyl  
  • 2022 model year Bronco Raptor orders open in March, with vehicles beginning to arrive this summer.

Production & Allocation
Bronco Raptor will be produced throughout the remainder of the 2022 Model Year with deliveries beginning this summer. Like other specialty vehicles, production is very limited.

• More details surrounding individual dealership allocations will be available during the May Wholesale cycle which starts at the end of February.

January 24 Customer CRM – Attached Below
In addition to launching the Bronco Raptor we are sending a communication to unscheduled order holders tied to a reservation today.  The communication will allow them to express their interest in receiving a 2022 model year Bronco Raptor.

• Audience: Unscheduled Order Holders Tied To A Reservation
  • Key Messages
    • Introduction of Bronco Raptor & Features
    • Opportunity to express interest in Bronco Raptor
    • We have saved some allocation spots exclusively for unscheduled order holders tied to a reservation
    • Call To Action To Express Interest By February 3rd
      • Expressing interest does not guarantee a customer will receive a Bronco Raptor

Selection for the allocation spots will be based on a customer's original reservation time stamp. Customers, and their corresponding dealership, will be notified of their status on February 11th. No action is required by dealerships at this time.

Note: As a best practice, keep orders on a 99 priority code if a customer has expressed their interest in waiting for the Bronco Raptor or others features that are not yet available (i.e. Black Modular Painted Hardtop) to prevent premature scheduling.

2022 Model Year Bronco Raptor Launch Timeline

• January 24
    • Bronco Raptor Reveal
    • Unscheduled Order Holder (Tied To A Reservation) Invitation
  • February 3: Final Day For Customers To Express Interest
  • February 11: Notify Customers That Expressed Interest
  • February 26: May Production Wholesale Starts
  • Early March: Bronco Raptor Order Bank Opens
  • March 24: May Production Scheduling
  • Summer 2022: Deliveries Begin

KEY FAQS

• Can I sell the 2022 Bronco Raptor to customers without a reservation? We encourage dealers to prioritize customers who have been waiting the longest to order a Bronco Raptor.
  • What is the customer reservation and order plan for Bronco Raptor? The majority of Bronco Raptors are planned for unscheduled Bronco order holders tied to a reservation that show interest. The invitation to express interest in the Bronco Raptor is being sent today, January 24th to eligible customers.
  • Which customers are being invited to express their interest in receiving the Bronco Raptor? A special communication is being sent to all unscheduled order holders with an active reservation ID on January 24th.
  • How will a dealership know one of their customers is selected to receive a Bronco Raptor? A list of customers selected to receive a 2022 Bronco Raptor from the special allocation pool will be sent to their respective dealership on February 11th. No further action is required.
  • How are customers selected to receive a Bronco Raptor? Bronco Raptors will go to existing unscheduled order holders prioritizing the oldest reservation timestamps first.
  • Why is there no Bronco Raptor 2-door? Leveraging the Bronco four-door body configuration offers customers the highest performance possible for high-speed desert running, which is what the Bronco Raptor is made for.
  • When does Bronco Raptor go on sale? Bronco Raptor goes on sale this summer.
  • When does the order bank open for Bronco Raptor? Order banks open this March.
  • How much does the Bronco Raptor cost? Bronco Raptor will have a $68,500 starting MSRP (plus $1,495 D&D)
  • How is the Raptor HOSS 4.0 suspension different than the Bronco’s base suspension (HOSS 1.0 and 2.0) offerings? The Bronco Raptors suspension system starts with unique FOX shocks that are an upgrade over the standard shocks in Bronco. The Raptor HOSS 4.0 Suspension also includes unique Ford Performance-designed control arms at the front and rear that help deliver maximum wheel travel of 13.0 inches in front and 14.0 inches in rear, or 60% and 40% more, respectively than a Bronco base model.
Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

• 3 months later...

PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGES

2022MY Bronco Connected Navigation and Connected Built-In Navigation

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be advised of a product offering change on dealer stock Broncos with Connected and Connected Built-In Navigation

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Broncos sooner, Ford has implemented a spec change at the Michigan Assembly Plant on certain Broncos.

Beginning May 30th, dealer stock Broncos are being produced without Connected and Connected Built-In Navigation. Third-party navigation apps used via AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay will still function as intended.

Customer retail orders are not affected at this time.

• Connected Navigation functionalities to be removed include: 90-day trial and subscription Navigation, Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, Live Traffic, Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance, One Box Search, Embedded Voice, and future use of FordPass Performance App (Note: Third-party navigation apps used via AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay are not affected and will still function as intended (i.e. Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps)
  • Connected Built-In Navigation functionalities to be removed include: 3 year trial and subscription Navigation, Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, Live Traffic, Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance, One Box Search, Embedded Voice, and future use of FordPass Performance App (Note: Third-party navigation apps used via AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay are not affected and will still function as intended (i.e. Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps)
  • Going forward there will be a new option code created in WBDO (59D) that will automatically be added to dealer stock orders
  • The window sticker for units that had Connected Navigation will reflect a credit in the amount of $50 for “NAVIGATION REMOVAL”
  • The window sticker for units that had Connected Built-In Navigation will reflect a credit in the amount of $695 for “NAVIGATION REMOVAL”

FAQS
What is the difference between Connected Navigation and Built-In Connected Navigation?

• Units with Connected Navigation include a 90-day trial, while units with Built-In Connected Navigation include a 3-year membership.

Can I upgrade my Navigation system later?

• Units built without Connected Navigation can not be upgraded later.

Do third-party navigation applications still work via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto?

• Yes, third-party navigation apps will still work via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Beginning May 30th, customers purchasing one of the affected Bronco trim series without Connected Navigation or Connected Built-In Navigation must sign a customer acknowledgement form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...