2022 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Ford Expedition.

• 09/03/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 09/30/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/23/2021 - 2021MY Job Last Date

• 10/13/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 11/18/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 01/18/2022 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

• 2 months later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Ford Expedition.

• 09/30/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/22/2021 - 2021MY Job Last Date

• Like 1

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Ford Expedition.

• 10/07/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change

• 2 weeks later...

• 10/07/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change

• 10/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date

• 1 month later...

• 11/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change

• 10/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 12/09/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

2022MY EXPEDITION PRODUCT CHANGES

ACTION REQUESTED

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of Expedition Platinum vehicles including Multi-Contour Massaging Seats must be informed that Expedition Platinum is not equipped with the Multi-Contour Massaging Seats, which provides massage seat functionality to the front row seats, as the feature is not available. The Multi-Contour Seats will not be available for retrofit.
  • In addition, customers taking delivery any Expedition (not including SSV 102A) including 2nd Row Climate Controls must be informed that Expedition is not equipped with 2nd Row Climate Controls, which provide the 2nd row passengers with the ability to manage the rear climate through the controls on the rear of the center console, as the feature is not currently available. Second-row climate can continue to be managed via the front row climate controls.
  • Lastly, customers taking delivery of Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum, in addition to 2nd Row Climate Controls, including 2nd Row Heated Seat Control Buttons must be informed that Expedition is not equipped with 2nd Row Heated Seat Control Buttons as the feature is not currently available. This provides the 2nd row passengers with the ability to control and activate the 2nd row heated seats through the controls on the rear of the center console.
    • We are currently projecting that the 2nd Row Climate Controls and the 2nd Row Heated Seat Control Buttons will be available 12-18 months after vehicle delivery. However, due to global supply constraints, further delays to this timing could occur.
    • When the 2nd Row Climate Controls and the 2nd Row Heated Seat Control Buttons become available, your dealer will install them at no cost to the customer.
  • Due to the inconvenience caused by this delay, Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of your vehicle has been reduced by the following amounts for the respective changes and will be reflected on your window label:
    • All Expeditions (except 102A SSV): The window sticker will reflect a credit in the in the amount of $50 for the removal of the 2nd row climate controls and will show “2R CLIM CTRL/HT SEAT DELETE” on the window sticker (The same 57C sales code applies to both the 2nd row climate control & 2nd row heated seats removal, so ‘2R CLIM CTRl & HT SEAT DELETE are a combined description)
  • Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch, & Platinum: The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $150 for “2R CLIM CTRL/HT SEAT DELETE” ($50 for the 2nd row climate and $100 for 2nd row heated seats)
  • Platinum: The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for “LUX LEATHER TRIM W/ MCS DELETE

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to the following Expedition vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner. Your understanding and continued support are appreciated.

Ford has implemented a spec change at the Kentucky Truck Plant on impacted Expedition units. Beginning May production and after, all Expeditions, including retail, fleet and stock orders are being produced without the 2nd row climate controls and the 2nd row heated seat controls. Ford does plan to restore full functionality of the 2nd row climate controls and 2nd row heated seat controls for all Expedition customers.

• All impacted Expeditions will have a matching color trim cover placed over where the 2nd row seats climate controls are designed to be installed
  • Every Expedition will retain the full functionality of 2nd row climate via controls located within the 1st row climate controls
  • Going forward, there will be a new option code created in WBDO (57C) that will automatically be added to new orders (The same 57C sales code applies to both the 2nd row climate control & 2nd row heated seats removal)

On Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch, & Platinum series, this action will also impact a customer’s ability to activate the 2nd row heated seats.

• The second-row heated seat functionality will be unavailable for use until the 2nd row climate controls are installed
  • All Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch, & Platinum series will be built with the hardware to allow this functionality to be restored at a later date
  • Going forward, there will be a new option code created in WBDO (57C) that will automatically be added to new orders

In addition, all Expedition Platinum's, including retail, fleet and stock orders are being produced without the Multi-Contour Massaging Seats.

• The Multi-Contour Massaging Seat functionality will be unavailable for use on impacted Expedition Platinum vehicles
  • There will not be a retrofit option available to restore this functionality on these units
  • Going forward, there will be a new option code created in WBDO (88R) for the MCS removal that will be required to be added to new Platinum orders for scheduling; in addition, Platinum orders in the unscheduled order bank must be amended by the dealer to include option 88R for scheduling.

• Customers purchasing an Expedition without the 2nd row climate controls installed must sign a 2nd row climate control customer acknowledgement form.
  • Customers purchasing a Timberline 501A, Limited, or King Ranch Expedition without the 2nd row climate controls and the 2nd row heated seat control installed must sign the 2nd row climate control/2nd row heated seat control customer acknowledgement form.
  • Customers purchasing a Platinum Expedition without the 2nd row climate controls, 2nd row heated seat control, and the Multi-Contour Massaging Seats must sign the 2nd row climate control/2nd row heated seats control and the Multi-Contour Seat customer acknowledgment forms.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

INFORMATION
2022 Model Year Expedition & Ranger - Important Retail Order Bank Update

ACTION REQUESTED
Inform your teams that the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Expedition and Ranger is April 29, 2022

SUMMARY
Expedition and Ranger continue to experience high customer demand, as the daily rate of retail orders has significantly increased over the past several months. As such, we are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Expedition and Ranger retail orders after April 29, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After April 29, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 model year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for Expedition and Ranger dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year Expedition and Ranger later this year.

KEY DATES

• April 29, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDT to submit new 2022 Expedition & Ranger retail orders
    • WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new Retail Orders after this date and time
  • May 5, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EDT for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Expedition & Ranger scheduling

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• We will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders for 2022 Model Year Expedition & Ranger that have been submitted prior to or on April 29, 2022, pending specific supply/commodity availability
    • WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after April 29, 2022
      • Body and PEP codes cannot be changed
  • 2022 Model Year Expedition & Ranger dealer stock inventory ordering will remain open after April 29, 2022
  • New customer retail orders will once again be accepted with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Expedition & Ranger order banks later this year
  • More information about 2023 Model Year Expedition & Ranger will be shared at a later date
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2022MY EXPEDITION - Product Offering Changes - UPDATED

Expedition 2nd Row Climate Controls, 2nd Row Heated Seats, & Multi-Contour Massaging Seats

ACTION REQUESTED

• The following information announced previously regarding production changes for Rear Climate Control and 2nd Row Heated Seats will no longer require action at this time:
    • Please be informed that the May production action described to remove the Rear Climate Control and 2nd Row Heated Seats from all Expeditions (except 102A SSV) is deferred due to the ability to secure chips to support production of these parts for the near future.
    • We do not need to action the delete option right now, but it has been created in the event it is required in the future.
    • Ford is working diligently to protect production as much as possible, which is why this option has been enabled so that we can continue production if the shortage becomes imminent in the future. We will be back with more information on this particular shortage if the situation changes.
  • Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of Expedition Platinum vehicles including Multi-Contour Massaging Seats must be informed that Expedition Platinum is not equipped with the Multi-Contour Massaging Seats, which provides massage seat functionality to the front row seats, as the feature is not available. The Multi-Contour Seats will not be available for retrofit.
  • Due to the inconvenience caused by this delay, Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of your vehicle has been reduced by the following amounts for the respective changes and will be reflected on your window label:
  • Platinum: The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for “LUX LEATHER TRIM W/ MCS DELETE"

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to the following Expedition vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner. Your understanding and continued support are appreciated.

In addition, beginning May production and after, all Expedition Platinum's, including retail, fleet and stock orders are being produced without the Multi-Contour Massaging Seats.

• The Multi-Contour Massaging Seat functionality will be unavailable for use on impacted Expedition Platinum vehicles
  • There will not be a retrofit option available to restore this functionality on these units
  • Going forward, there will be a new option code created in WBDO (88R) for the MCS removal that will be required to be added to new Platinum orders for scheduling; in addition, Platinum orders in the unscheduled order bank must be amended by the dealer to include option 88R for scheduling

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
A signed Customer Acknowledgement Form is required documentation for customers taking delivery of an impacted retail ordered vehicle.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2022MY ESCAPE, EXPLORER & EXPEDITION

Product Offering Change: Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete Option

ACTION REQUESTED

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of some Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles including Hands-Free Power Liftgate must be informed that these vehicles are not equipped with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate, which provides the capability to open and close the power liftgate using a foot-activated sensor as the feature is not available. Note: The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • Vehicles that have had the Hands-Free Liftgate feature removed from vehicles will receive a $55 MSRP credit on the window label and vehicle invoice.
  • Future vehicle orders may have the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option added to avoid any delays in scheduling. The option code for this feature delete is:
    • 18D – Escape
    • 96X – Explorer
    • 98D – Expedition
  • Vehicles built with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option will not be retrofitted to add the Hands-Free capability in the future.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner. Your understanding & continued support are appreciated.

• Hands-Free Power Liftgate feature is being deleted from applicable Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles. The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • A $55 MSRP credit will be applied to any vehicles that have had this feature removed.
  • A Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option may be added to future orders.
  • There are no retrofit plans for vehicles built without the Hands-Free feature.

Dealer stock orders require no special handling or customer acknowledgement forms. Customers taking delivery of retail orders must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

A signed Customer Acknowledgement Form is required documentation for customers taking delivery of an impacted retail ordered vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

2022MY EXPEDITION - Product Offering Change - CLARIFICATION

2022MY Expedition (Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal)

Reason for Supersede: To clarify impacted configurations do not include units ordered with Heavy Duty Trailer Tow, except on Platinum.

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to most previously scheduled 22MY Expeditions to remove the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature. Amended orders with Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (98G) will include a $355 credit on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Expedition vehicles including Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form with the understanding that the feature has been removed, is not functional, and they will not be charged for it. Copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to 2022 Expedition vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner.

• Ford will be amending most previously scheduled orders to remove the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature. These amendments will include certain Retail, Fleet, and Stock orders scheduled to be produced in April and onwards until further notice.
  • Orders amended to include Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (98G) will include a $355 credit on the Window Sticker.

2022MY Expedition_Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (98G).jpg

Customers purchasing an Expedition with Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal must sign an Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal customer acknowledgement form before taking delivery of their vehicle.
Signed copies of the form, must be maintained by the selling dealer in the vehicle deal jacket.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 1 month later...

INFORMATION
Product Offering Changes: 2022 MY Expedition Second Row One Touch Up/Down Power Windows Feature Removal

ACTION REQUESTED

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch, or Platinum Expedition including Second Row One Touch Up/Down Power Windows must be informed that Expedition is not equipped with the Second Row One Touch Up/Down Power Windows as the feature is not available. This feature provides the ability to open and close the second row windows all the way by pressing on the rear window button once and letting go.
  • Due to the inconvenience caused by this delay, Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of these units has been reduced by $50. This adjustment will be reflected on the window label.  
  • Customer must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form with the understanding that the feature has been removed, is not functional, and they will not be charged for it. Copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to Expedition Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner.

• Expedition Timberline 501A, Limited, King Ranch and Platinum units starting production week of 8/22 will not be equipped with the Second Row One Touch Up/Down Power Windows feature. This feature provides the ability to open and close the second row windows all the way by pressing on the rear window button once and letting go. Impacted scheduled units will be spec changed to include the Second Row One Touch Up/Down Power Windows Removal (19L). There is a $50 MSRP credit that will be included on all impacted units.

Dealer stock orders require no special handling or customer acknowledgement forms. Customers taking delivery of retail orders must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

Customer Acknowledgement Form

Signed copies of the form, must be maintained by the selling dealer in the vehicle deal jacket.

A copy of the form is attached and will also be available to download through Smart Vincent and on FMC Dealer.

AcknowledgementLetter_Expedition.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 1 month later...

2022MY Expedition

• Platinum orders (retail & stock) must be:
    • Light Sand (RA), Carmelo (RV), OR Black Onyx (RH)

• Limited scheduling of Mahogany interior trim (EB). Consider changing to different trim to improve scheduling chances.
• Dual Exhaust (F2AAB) - standard on Timberline and Limited 304A - is balanced out for the 2022 MY.