Nautilus 2.7 engine cover

My guess?  To save .85 cents times as many Nautilus as are built for the year, and the balance of its life span. Imagine the money that Ford is saving .  Especially on a part that has no value to the typical car buyer.  As much as I am a Nautilus owner (2019) my lease is up in April of next year.  I do very much want to get another one.  I hate to see what else they decontent from the 22 models.  As they already took out heated wiper and washers, paddle shifters, and other bits and pieces also.  

Thanks for the reply. We had a 2017 MKX as well and a BMW. Returned the BMW and bought the Nautilus. Lincoln was making positive changes to their vehicles that people were starting to notice. We felt they offered the beat for our dollar.Decontenting these LUXURY vehicles where even the most basic econoboxes have engine covers is a move backwards. As far as the windshield and washers go they should have included those in an optional winter package for a reasonable cost.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stan28 said:

Does anyone know why engine cover on '21 Nautilus was deleted and can be ordered as a part?

I'm sure the cover from the 2019-20 models is a direct fit. I've removed the cover to do maintenance work and I must say it looks disgusting without it.

Engine Appearance Cover for 2020 Lincoln Nautilus

And if you happen to have the 2.0

Engine Appearance Cover for 2020 Lincoln Nautilus - 2.0 liter

Edited by hand-filer

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my dealer later this afternoon about this and they indicated the did speak to Lincoln and voiced their displeasure. They also told me than the Aviator and Navigator are the same. They put in a parts order for me for a cover at n/c but unless this is a supply chain issue that was out of their control I would suggest Lincoln reconsider this decision. Talk about poor decision making! I've enclosed a pic on what this decision looks like.

20210621_100257.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just remember we’re in the minority when it comes to actually opening the hood.  I bet 80% - 90% of Lincoln owners never open the hood.

The cost cutting and lack of options on Nautilus is frustrating as we need to replace ours soon and was hoping for a hybrid or PHEV.  Aviator is too big but Corsair will probably work just fine and it still has all the options including PHEV and HUD and other things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stan28 said:

Most people probably don't open hood but still think it is not right for a 70k vehicle to not have one. My concern is I don't want people to view as a cheap vehicle.

So go buy one.  They’re still available.  

10 hours ago, akirby said:

Just remember we’re in the minority when it comes to actually opening the hood.  I bet 80% - 90% of Lincoln owners never open the hood.

The cost cutting and lack of options on Nautilus is frustrating as we need to replace ours soon and was hoping for a hybrid or PHEV.  Aviator is too big but Corsair will probably work just fine and it still has all the options including PHEV and HUD and other things.

I will also give consideration to the Corsair when the time comes. Maybe the BEV version if it is manufactured in Oakville. That might be quite some time down the road though as the Nautilus only accumulates 2-3 K per year.

47 minutes ago, hand-filer said:

I will also give consideration to the Corsair when the time comes. Maybe the BEV version if it is manufactured in Oakville. That might be quite some time down the road though as the Nautilus only accumulates 2-3 K per year.

Corsair is quite a bit larger than the MKC and much closer to Nautilus.  We didn’t test drive but sat in one in the parking lot.   Only downside I noticed was the smaller screen but it’s essentially the same as our 2016 MKX.  The HUD is nice and strangely not available on the Nautilus.  You also do t get the option of black label interior,

There are some people on a Lincoln forum losing their virtual minds over this. Does it suck and is it odd? Yes. Is it a reason to go batty? No. I agree that Lincoln probably assumes 95% or more of owners will never bother opening the hood. I do, so I would ask for one to be "thrown in" or break down and purchase one , I guess. 

30 minutes ago, Black Label said:

There are some people on a Lincoln forum losing their virtual minds over this. Does it suck and is it odd? Yes. Is it a reason to go batty? No. I agree that Lincoln probably assumes 95% or more of owners will never bother opening the hood. I do, so I would ask for one to be "thrown in" or break down and purchase one , I guess. 

They also went nuts about not having the digital speed display a few years ago.