X Plan Pin

bubs203

34 minutes ago, Mirage Flatter said:

I believe that you have to be employed by a Ford partner company, or be a member of a Ford partner organization to qualify for X Plan pricing.  The PINS aren't something that's shared by anyone but those companies or organizations.

Not true,  Ford employees can share pins with friends and family.  That used to happen a lot around here but Ford cracked down on the definition of friend which doesn’t include strangers on Internet forums.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

I believe that you have to be employed by a Ford partner company, or be a member of a Ford partner organization to qualify for X Plan pricing.  The PINS aren't something that's shared by anyone but those companies or organizations.

Hi Mirage. What akirby stated.

I would only add, for clarity, that the X-Plan is actually the "Friends and Neighbors" X-Plan  Program (not "Friends and Family"). It is thus named because since the beginning (of the Plan, not in the Biblical sense...lol) Ford Employees could gift X-Plan PIN's to "Friends and Neighbors". There is an annual PIN limit (usually 4), which is sometimes raised.

See here: http://ophelia.sdsu.edu:8080/ford/11-30-2009/purchasing-options/vehicle-purchase-programs/friends-and-neighbors-program.1.html

Then there are the Partner Company X-Plan PINS that you are aware of. Those X-Plan PINS are available to qualifying employees of companies/groups enrolled in the Ford X-Plan Partner Company Program. I believe those are usually limited to 2 per year/per employee.

Now, for informational sake: Then there is the "A-Plan" , which is for Ford employees and their family members (and many "extended family members). And "Z-Plan", which is the Ford retiree equivalent of the "A-Plan".

The A and Z-Plan programs (Ford Employees/Retirees and Family) give a far better pricing structure to the buyer than X-Plan (Friends and Neighbors). The perks of being related to a Ford employee...lol.

See here: http://ophelia.sdsu.edu:8080/ford/11-30-2009/purchasing-options/vehicle-purchase-programs/corporate-employees/vehicle-discounts-125p.html

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

Ok, I certainly stand corrected, and apologize for my misinformation.  Not being a Ford employee, I'm unaware of what that program offers, only how it works with my partner company employer.  It seemed to me that the OP in this thread was fishing on the internet for a PIN, but I probably read that wrong too.  Thanks for setting me straight, and for the helpful information!!

1 hour ago, Mirage Flatter said:

Ok, I certainly stand corrected, and apologize for my misinformation.  Not being a Ford employee, I'm unaware of what that program offers, only how it works with my partner company employer.  It seemed to me that the OP in this thread was fishing on the internet for a PIN, but I probably read that wrong too.  Thanks for setting me straight, and for the helpful information!!

Hi Mirage. No need to apologize. It can be confusing. ?

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Mirage Flatter said:

It seemed to me that the OP in this thread was fishing on the internet for a PIN, but I probably read that wrong too.  

That’s exactly what he was doing he just posted it in the wrong forum.  There is a forum here specifically to ask employees for PINs but like I said that stopped with the Ford crackdown a few years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, succeed23 said:

If you're a Veteran, you qualify for X-Plan pricing. 

https://members.veteransadvantage.com/ford

Hi succeed. Nice Find. Just want to add that this is not a free X-Pan PIN for all veterans.

It is a benefit for those who join the Veterans Advantage Card Rewards Program. It is a paid club (~$10 per month). Essentially an AARP Club for active military and retired veterans that offers discounts from participating businesses. Or similar to the Mustang Club mentioned above.

EDIT- A month to month membership fee is actually $9.99 per month. It totals ~$5 per month if the member pays upfront for a one year or longer subscription. 

However, you must enroll in the club. It is not free.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

5 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi succeed. Nice Find. Just want to add that this is not a free X-Pan PIN for all veterans.

It is a benefit for those who join the Veterans Advantage Card Rewards Program. It is a paid club (~$5 per month). Essentially an AARP Club for active military and retired veterans that offers discounts from participating businesses. Or similar to the Mustang Club mentioned above.

In the grand scheme of things, not a bad deal for an X-Pan PIN. However, you must enroll in the club. It is not free.

Good luck.

Yea. For the benefit one gets, that fee is nothing. All the details are in the link I posted.

19 minutes ago, succeed23 said:

Yea. For the benefit one gets, that fee is nothing. All the details are in the link I posted.

Hi succeed. Yes, only pointing out some of the details for others, so they don't go in thinking it is a free X-Plan PIN, like the "Friends and Neighbors" or "Partner Company" programs. For the less Internet savvy, finding the membership fees can be a little tricky.

Also, I edited my previous post just before you replied. The actual month to month membership fee is $9.99 per month. It is ~$5 per month if the member pays upfront for a one year or longer subscription.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone’s input. A few years back I was able to get a pin on here for my last F-150 that I bought, but I’m sure rules changed since then. Didn’t know about the Mustang club, I’ll check that out, thanks. 

On 7/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, succeed23 said:

If you're a Veteran, you qualify for X-Plan pricing. 

https://members.veteransadvantage.com/ford

This was huge!  Thank you Succeed.  Paying around 60 bucks for a 1 year membership to save me on my upcoming Explorer purchase was a no brainer.  Now I just need the Chicago plant to open back up so my car can actually hit the production line.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamo_ said:

This was huge!  Thank you Succeed.  Paying around 60 bucks for a 1 year membership to save me on my upcoming Explorer purchase was a no brainer.  Now I just need the Chicago plant to open back up so my car can actually hit the production line.

Hi Jamo. It sounds as though you already placed a vehicle order? If yes, immediately contact your Dealer so they know you now wish to use an X-Plan PIN.

Dealer acceptance of X-Plan (and A/Z Plan) is at their own discretion. They do not have to accept it on any deal, let alone one that has already been signed under contract.

Hopefully it will not be an issue. Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

5 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Jamo. It sounds as though you already placed a vehicle order? If yes, immediately contact your Dealer to they know you now wish to use an X-Plan PIN.

Dealer acceptance of X-Plan (and A/Z Plan) is at their own discretion. They do not have to accept it on any deal, let alone one that has already been signed under contract.

Hopefully it will not be an issue. Good luck.

Hey there,

Thanks for the heads up.  As soon as I got it I reached out to my contact and he made note of it and didn't sound like an issue.  Its ordered already but sadly its been delayed again and not scheduled for production until September. 

48 minutes ago, Jamo_ said:

Hey there,

Thanks for the heads up.  As soon as I got it I reached out to my contact and he made note of it and didn't sound like an issue.  Its ordered already but sadly its been delayed again and not scheduled for production until September. 

Hi Jamo. I did not mention this before, but feel I better now: If you signed a purchase contract, you also need to have it rewritten to reflect that the sale will now be an X-Plan purchase, X-Plan price etc. I understand you feel "it didn't sound like an issue". The problem is..."...didn't sound like an issue" on the phone now, does not mean it won't be an issue on delivery day in September (or later).

It is not advisable to wait until your vehicle is delivered  and you go in to finalize the sale and bring it home. That purchase day process can be hectic enough without additional paperwork, confusion and chances for a happy, breathless buyer to be overwhelmed.

If you do not have correctly priced purchase contract, it can be easier for a Dealer to refuse X-Plan in September, when you've been waiting months for it to come in and it is finally before your eyes in the showroom. "Well, we can not give you X-Plan now, but we will take a little off the previously negotiated deal...".

If they plan on honoring X-Plan later, they will have absolutely no problem rewriting the purchase contract now.

Hope your wait is not too long and all goes smoothly. Good luck.

I found the answer.

• The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...