X Plan Pin

bubs203

On 9/21/2021 at 5:28 PM, Ralph Greene said:

Yes....but....without that contract....why would a dealership sell you one of their "prized" vehicles at X plan when they probably have people lined up to buy at MSRP or higher?

Because customer orders no longer hurt their allocations...

• 1 month later...

Of note another way to get x plan ricing is to own 100 shares of Ford stock for I believe 6 months.  I believe you have to have the stock certificate registered in your name which doesn't happen if you hold it in a retirement account through a broker usually.  You then can go through shareholder relations to have them generate a pin for you.  Right now ford stock is 19 dollars so it may be a wash on some vehicles.  1900 dollars saves a couple thousand on an f150 once you deduct the  initial investment.  Plus if you were good enough to buy the stock at 5 dollars a year and a half ago you got 1400 dollars of price increase.  Probably be valuable if you are getting more than one car or having product loyalty over the years.  I believe shareholder relations lets you get 4 x plan per year but don't quote me on this.

https://shareholder.ford.com/investors/resources/default.aspx

Edited by Tangiora

On 8/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, Pizzaguy said:

Can anyone confirm that you have to be a MCA member for 90 days before you can get or use the X plan PIN. I just went to the site and read this. I plan on ordering my truck this week. Thanks

https://mustang.org/about/benefits/

• Digital and Standard Members receive members-only discounts, including Ford X-Plan pricing on new Ford vehicles. X-Plan pricing is not available on all models.  Check with your preferred dealer for X-Plan discounts. You must be a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use X-Plan.

Hey all, just a general question about the X-plan.  Who eats the difference between MSRP price and X-plan price- the dealership or Ford?  It would make sense to me that Ford would absorb that cost difference, since the program is a deal between certain companies/organizations and Ford Corporate.  And if that is true, why would any dealership refuse to honor X-plan pricing, if it doesn't affect their bottom line?

I'm curious about this because the window sticker just became available for my truck, and it does not include X-plan pricing (which I've seen elsewhere on other forums).  I'm not sure if I should be worried about this or not.

52 minutes ago, wrench69 said:

Hey all, just a general question about the X-plan.  Who eats the difference between MSRP price and X-plan price- the dealership or Ford?  It would make sense to me that Ford would absorb that cost difference, since the program is a deal between certain companies/organizations and Ford Corporate.  And if that is true, why would any dealership refuse to honor X-plan pricing, if it doesn't affect their bottom line?

I'm curious about this because the window sticker just became available for my truck, and it does not include X-plan pricing (which I've seen elsewhere on other forums).  I'm not sure if I should be worried about this or not.

The window sticker will not show X-plan pricing, just retail.  The X-plan (or A/Z/D) price will only be on the invoice.  If you told them it was X-plan at the time of order, there may be something at the end of the options list that specifies that it is an X-plan order.  I know there is when I order Z plan.  

As far as the money involved, the dealership is still making money on the sale.  My dad was an accountant for Ford and worked on vehicle pricing and he told me once about how it all works but I don't remember what all he said. 

1 hour ago, jwillum said:

The window sticker will not show X-plan pricing, just retail.  The X-plan (or A/Z/D) price will only be on the invoice.  If you told them it was X-plan at the time of order, there may be something at the end of the options list that specifies that it is an X-plan order.  I know there is when I order Z plan. 

Over on the FTE forums, a guy posted this pic of his sticker, and he stated that it DID show the correct X-plan pricing.  Another guy chimed in and said his sticker showed it also.  I guess it depends upon whether or not the dealer codes it as an X-plan order or regular.

Xplan sticker.jpeg

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford gives the dealer a spiff check on each plan sale to make up for lost profit but it’s nowhere near MSRP.  It’s usually ends up about $500-$700 over invoice.  If they’re selling vehicles at MSRP that’s more profit than x plan.

Thanks for the answer, akirby.  That makes sense that some dealers won't accept X-plan, if they have to sacrifice that profit.  Especially in these strange times of buying/selling vehicles.

29 minutes ago, wrench69 said:

Over on the FTE forums, a guy posted this pic of his sticker, and he stated that it DID show the correct X-plan pricing.  Another guy chimed in and said his sticker showed it also.  I guess it depends upon whether or not the dealer codes it as an X-plan order or regular.

Xplan sticker.jpeg

The Window Sticker will show the Order Type (Stock/Retail/Plan/Fleet) code but will always display MSRP prices ONLY! Plan pricing is disclosed only on the Dealer Invoice and in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system.  

So I ordered an F150 several months ago and because it was taking so long I started to search out dealers with a similar build.  With the  shortage on trucks none of them wanted to honor x plan unless I lived locally.  I guess they don't want a bad rap with the locals turning down x plan.  Since I am out of town they didn't care.  Plus they could sell it to some local for 2000 over msrp.  I have a friend who is a dodge dealer and she says they are raking in the dough on trucks.  Even though they have sold less numbers their profit margin is so high they are having a banner year for profit.  With x plan they are not allowed to do a dealer markup.   So you can see why they don't particularly care to do any of the plans unless it would make them look bad locally.

So I guess I will wait a few more months for my f150 that has been rolled from a my21 to my22.  ???  

Edited by Tangiora

19 minutes ago, bighead said:

Window sticker shows MSRP Dealers work up shows my x-plan price and $2500 PCO that Ford will honor even thou it expired in October when I ordered But truck will arrive end of November or December hopefully 

Window Sticker displays MSRP pricing only. The Buyer's Order would show the selling price or "Plan" price and any applicable incentives such as a PCO. 

• 1 month later...

Regarding Shareholder X Plan PIN:  How long should I expect to wait for my application to be processed?  It's been seven weeks since I sent in the paperwork and got an automated email stating it was received.  Called X Plan customer service twice and all they will say is it's in the pipeline but can't (or won't) give even an estimate of how long it will take.  Seems like it shouldn't take this long to process some paperwork to generate a PIN.  I want to order a Maverick ASAP since my dealer says the lead time is about six month to delivery.

12 hours ago, badtarg said:

Regarding Shareholder X Plan PIN:  How long should I expect to wait for my application to be processed?  It's been seven weeks since I sent in the paperwork and got an automated email stating it was received.  Called X Plan customer service twice and all they will say is it's in the pipeline but can't (or won't) give even an estimate of how long it will take.  Seems like it shouldn't take this long to process some paperwork to generate a PIN.  I want to order a Maverick ASAP since my dealer says the lead time is about six month to delivery.

I submitted on 9/8 and received approval a day later from "Xzfaxes, A (A.) <axzfaxes@ford.com>".   Check your spam!  I had met the 6 month time period and showed that I owned 100 shares in a standard brokerage account for that time.  Don't know if they are that backlogged now, but it was pretty fast just 4 months ago.  Would it hurt to submit again?

12 hours ago, badtarg said:

16 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

I submitted on 9/8 and received approval a day later from "Xzfaxes, A (A.) <axzfaxes@ford.com>".   Check your spam!  I had met the 6 month time period and showed that I owned 100 shares in a standard brokerage account for that time.  Don't know if they are that backlogged now, but it was pretty fast just 4 months ago.  Would it hurt to submit again?

Another thought:  You said that you received an "acknowledgement email".  I never did.  Just the approval a day later, and it was not obvious that it was an approval:

image.png.bc1a0b0bc9a50125ce1ad470a384399d.png

Go back and see if your acknowledgement email was actually an approval email.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did check spam/bulk mail -- no message there.  The email I got on the day of submission from Xzfaxes, A (A.) says "Thank you for contacting AXZ Program Headquarters & Shareholder Relations. We've received your message and we are working on your request. (Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST)."  Also, when I called the plan administrators, they did not show that a PIN has already been issued to me.  I will check with them next week, and resubmit if necessary.

UPDATE 1/13/22:  So, it's been eight weeks and no response.  I called AXZ again and told them other shareholders had received their PIN within DAYS, not MONTHS.  Where is mine?  (I was polite.)  Within an hour, I received the email with my PIN!!  The lesson here:  be persistent and polite but firm.  Going to order my new Maverick tomorrow!

Edited by badtarg
new information

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 10:21 AM, badtarg said:

Then order.  You don't need the PIN to order.  Just need dealer to agree to take x-plan when you order.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:41 PM, badtarg said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did check spam/bulk mail -- no message there.  The email I got on the day of submission from Xzfaxes, A (A.) says "Thank you for contacting AXZ Program Headquarters & Shareholder Relations. We've received your message and we are working on your request. (Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST)."  Also, when I called the plan administrators, they did not show that a PIN has already been issued to me.  I will check with them next week, and resubmit if necessary.

UPDATE 1/13/22:  So, it's been eight weeks and no response.  I called AXZ again and told them other shareholders had received their PIN within DAYS, not MONTHS.  Where is mine?  (I was polite.)  Within an hour, I received the email with my PIN!!  The lesson here:  be persistent and polite but firm.  Going to order my new Maverick tomorrow!

You don't need a PIN when you order.

Also keep in mind the PIN is only good for 12 months. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, nauticalx said:

Hi everyone. I am seeking an x-plan pin. Anyone with one that would be kind enough to share it and make my day, week, month and year with!? Thanks!!

You won’t get one on the internet - Ford has cracked down on employees giving pins to strangers.  Plus it’s rare to find a dealer accepting it right now.  Follow the suggestions already mentioned.