Antimatter Blue

Two weeks ago I ordered a 2022 F350 King Ranch in Antimatter Blue and Stone Gray.  I currently have a 2011 in Dark Blue Pearl and figured it would be similar.  I did read several comments how it was a little darker and changed color.  I got a little concerned about comments about it being black because I didn't want a black truck.  The local dealer finally got one in stock so I went down and looked at it.  Even in the sunlight it looks black with a hint of blue.  The funny thing is the closer you get to it the blacker it looks.  I've included some pictures and full disclosure, it looks blacker than the pictures.  I changed my order since it just didn't work for me, but wanted to let others know who have not seen the antimatter blue in person.

20210624_145004.thumb.jpg.c1a034db3636bb6cf45e8db736a83df4.jpg20210624_145017.thumb.jpg.0659d2aa97a749e120b034b5b8b779d4.jpg

I debated between black and antimatter for awhile before ordering mine. In some lights in looks absolutely amazing. The only ones ive seen in person have been in passing on the highway. Ended up going black, but still find myself second guessing it.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

I ordered my SD in antimatter blue after seeing it at a dealer a few miles north from me. I don’t mind it looking darker than what it’s supposed to in certain lighting conditions. I have and still do own some black vehicles, so it doesn’t bother me, but I can see how this color change could be a deal breaker for some.

• 4 weeks later...

I like my Black F350 I have now, and I figured I could change it up a little, so I ordered the Antimatter Blue.  I did look at an Escape on the lot before I ordered and in no sun, it does look mostly black, almost like a bluish off black.  But in the Sun it is great.  It's very similar to my wife's expedition that has that bronzy brown look in the sun.

Good Works Tractors on Youtube has a 2020 in Antimatter Blue.  I thought it looks amazing in the vids he has done.  

My current truck is Blue Jean Metallic and I teach physics and chemistry so I was really excited about the Antimatter Blue, until I saw it in person.  Unless it is in full sun it just looks black to me and that was too dark.  Then I switched to Lithium Gray - until I found out that they discontinued it for 2022.  Ended up with Atlas Blue.

5 hours ago, bcintx said:

My current truck is Blue Jean Metallic and I teach physics and chemistry so I was really excited about the Antimatter Blue, until I saw it in person.  Unless it is in full sun it just looks black to me and that was too dark.  Then I switched to Lithium Gray - until I found out that they discontinued it for 2022.  Ended up with Atlas Blue.

I'm with you on this. Blue Jean Metallic was executed much better! 

21 hours ago, bcintx said:

I did the same exact thing...fell in love with Blue Jean Metallic when I first saw the 2020 Super Duty at an auto show.  Took me a couple years to save up to buy and Blue Jeans not available any more.  Test drove a Lithium Gray and fell in love again, only for that, too, to be discontinued.  Got excited about Antimatter Blue from the stock photos online, but saw a few in person and did not like it at all.  Ended up ordering in Atlas Blue which I think I'll be very happy with.

I ordered an F-350 Platinum in Antimatter Blue because I could no longer get Gem Green Effect which did the same thing just with green shade. The only way to get the green was fleet orders. I am hoping I end up loving it (Antimatter) as much as I do my ‘16 F-250 and the 1063 Comet I painted that color (Gem Green) too. 

499237C1-F20B-44A4-B506-0FB628D0033A.png

• Like 1