How did my Raptor order become Priority 1!! (Not that I mind)

gobluejd

@ice-capades So I ordered a 21 Raptor (37 Performance Package) and loaded.  Dealer sent me order sheet, which said Priority 80, but said he then changed to 19.  I called Ford Performance to see if I had a vin and schedule date yet and he said interesting, do you have inside info at Ford as it was just changed to Priority 1 a few days ago.  Only thing I can think of is that my dealers rep changed to 1?  No clue and was just curious your thoughts.  I know your a busy guy, but if you can chime in, great.  Also welcome any others to chime in as well.

31 minutes ago, gobluejd said:

@ice-capades So I ordered a 21 Raptor (37 Performance Package) and loaded.  Dealer sent me order sheet, which said Priority 80, but said he then changed to 19.  I called Ford Performance to see if I had a vin and schedule date yet and he said interesting, do you have inside info at Ford as it was just changed to Priority 1 a few days ago.  Only thing I can think of is that my dealers rep changed to 1?  No clue and was just curious your thoughts.  I know your a busy guy, but if you can chime in, great.  Also welcome any others to chime in as well.

Only Ford can do a priority 1.  It usually means there was a problem with the original truck that couldn’t be fixed.  Sometimes the govt pulls random vehicles for crash testing.  Whatever the reason you’re good to go now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gobluejd said:

I think akirby may have misunderstood your post or perhaps I did but I'll try to address it. Yes, only a Ford regional office or Ford corporate can assign an "01" priority code which is usually done by the Regional Scheduler. It can originate with a request from the Dealer or other factors in order to expedite scheduling. It's often done in order to get the Ford scheduling system to make an exception to commodity issues. The process has nothing to do with a vehicle having problems, crash testing or anything else.    

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I think akirby may have misunderstood your post or perhaps I did but I'll try to address it. Yes, only a Ford regional office or Ford corporate can assign an "01" priority code which is usually done by the Regional Scheduler. It can originate with a request from the Dealer or other factors in order to expedite scheduling. It's often done in order to get the Ford scheduling system to make an exception to commodity issues. The process has nothing to do with a vehicle having problems, crash testing or anything else.    

Sorry I should clarify that the only time I’ve heard of Ford assigning a priority 1 was once when a retail order got pulled off the line for crash testing.  Ford begged the govt to take a different random vehicle because that one was sold but they refused, so Ford had to submit a new order and rebuild it.  The other time a vehicle was built but got lost in post build repair process or just couldn’t be repaired.

If Ice-Capades says it’s used for other reasons then he’s the expert.  But it’s definitely an exception that’s controlled by Ford.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 6:28 AM, ice-capades said:

Thank you! Just seemed odd. At this point I am not even asking my sales guy, in case it was a mistake. I do know he has been in contact with a regional rep. Maybe he is just doing me a solid. I’ve bought 6 cars from him. He knows I want this and promised I’d have his first Raptor. 

23 hours ago, akirby said:

Sorry I should clarify that the only time I’ve heard of Ford assigning a priority 1 was once when a retail order got pulled off the line for crash testing.  Ford begged the govt to take a different random vehicle because that one was sold but they refused, so Ford had to submit a new order and rebuild it.  The other time a vehicle was built but got lost in post build repair process or just couldn’t be repaired.

If Ice-Capades says it’s used for other reasons then he’s the expert.  But it’s definitely an exception that’s controlled by Ford.

No worries you were just trying to help out!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, MadeInChina said:

@gobluejd oh dang there's a number at Ford Performance that we can call with dealer order info and ask to check for a VIN? Is it their main number? Also grats on the good news

Yes.  It is 800.367.3788.  Have Order Code and Sales Code.  They can verify you have a VIN, but to get that, call your dealer.  They can not give it to you.

14 hours ago, MadeInChina said:

Got it, will do. I put in a f150 tremor order that was put in on 6/18. I'll give it a few more weeks before I start hitting up the dealer for update

Also I thought you had ordered a Raptor, that number is for Ford Performance, they will not be able to track a Tremor.  Sorry!