Sync 3.4.xxxxx Issues

I updated my Navigator to 3.4.21020. I am experiencing the Travel Link issues of not showing Subscribed even though I am. I also, intermittently, have the inop infotainment applications issue. If I have to shut off the engine, I must wait at least 3-5 minutes, I think, to restart the engine. if I don't, Sirius XM is totally inoperative and so is FM HD radio. Non HD FM is all I get. Also, the traffic function of my Navigation screen does not seem to be functional. 

These are known issues, and Ford released this TSB. I think what it does is revert your Sync back to the previous version. Perhaps more knowledgeable folks can correct me if that is not the case. 

TSB 21-2150.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update took quite a while, close to 3 hours. Not sure why since the file size was small for a Sync update. 

Initial test of the update and the SiriusXM issue of not working when doing a restart of the vehicle quickly seems to have gone away and the Travel Link subscription was correct. 

I did notice the install was an infinite loop - usually it's 15-20 minutes, a soft reboot, then a second install round of 5-10 minutes, then done.  This time, it went through three rounds of the first install and reboot before I pulled the plug.  Vehicle reports 21098 as the current version and the Ford site shows up-to-date, so I presume it worked.  I don't use SiriusXM or TravelLink so I can't confirm behavior before or after this update.

Thanks, I noticed the same rebooting over and over until finally I had a black screen. Luckily not a black screen of death as I pulled the USB, shut off the engine and when I came back out it was all normal. So far the Sync guys from the other forum you referenced seem to thankfully be incorrect on this not fixing the issues I was seeing. 

• Like 1

Well, I had to go for a drive this morning. Everything worked fine. Shut the engine off for about 5 minute and then when I returned home, I noticed the traffic was not showing on the Navigation screen. Sure enough, the same 21020 issues with Travel Link and SiriusXM are back. 

What a POS this vehicle is. I swear, this is part of why Lincoln has offered to buy back this thing. I was thinking I would get a 2022 Navigator assuming it will have Sync 4, but Sync 4 is probably just as crappy as Sync 3, so I guess it may be time to start looking at other makes. 

Ford just can't get it together with this crap. Yes, Ford. Lincoln is hamstrung and will not be able to ever keep up with Cadillac or the others. I finally realize that now. 

Oh well...you and the guys on the other forum were, unfortunately, correct. Time to move on.