2022 Customer Order Claim Verification Status

Gadget

So like most all of us who have ordered our 22s, some having vins and dates, others having just an order... we all had to verify our orders with our dealers (drivers license and signed order form).

I just got a notice from the General Mgr at my dealer of this reciept form.  If you haven't been notified or don't have a copy of yours, you may want to consider calling.  It won't make your life better or your truck get here faster, but I was told this is a validation from Ford that your order and purchase are approved and you will get a truck.  

Note: some of the blank spaces on the form have personal data unique to your order...I just pulled it off for here.

Screenshot_20210624-140010_Messages.jpg

7 minutes ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

I was told last week by my dealer that since I was already scheduled there was nothing for me to do. Only applied to new orders?

same with my order that was placed on 5/4 I was told a license and order signed wasn’t needed for that.  Who knows all I know is Ford is making a mess out of this

8 minutes ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

I was told last week by my dealer that since I was already scheduled there was nothing for me to do. Only applied to new orders?

I have had an order since March, down payment and everything.  My dealer already had a build and delivery date and this came after all of that.  They were very happy to see this come through and wanted to let me know.

I am guessing there is a lot more grinding in the machine on getting these 22s out than what we all realize???

Just happy we have any movement.  God help the first deliveries as the amount of questions that will flow from that event!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gadget said:

I have had an order since March, down payment and everything.  My dealer already had a build and delivery date and this came after all of that.  They were very happy to see this come through and wanted to let me know.

I am guessing there is a lot more grinding in the machine on getting these 22s out than what we all realize???

Just happy we have any movement.  God help the first deliveries as the amount of questions that will flow from that event!

I do wish Ford was more clear about this though.  Like the order verification email shoulda said ALL retail orders placed needed this verification, or they shoulda said orders placed after xxxx date need this.  My dealer has been good and communicating with me but I asked multiple times if he needed my license and stuff.  He still took it but never acted like I needed it.  So idk 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gadget said:

I’m sure they are doing the best they can but I would think they are reluctant to even give dates out as many will probably slip.

59 minutes ago, Gadget said:

So like most all of us who have ordered our 22s, some having vins and dates, others having just an order... we all had to verify our orders with our dealers (drivers license and signed order form).

I just got a notice from the General Mgr at my dealer of this reciept form.  If you haven't been notified or don't have a copy of yours, you may want to consider calling.  It won't make your life better or your truck get here faster, but I was told this is a validation from Ford that your order and purchase are approved and you will get a truck.  

Note: some of the blank spaces on the form have personal data unique to your order...I just pulled it off for here.

Screenshot_20210624-140010_Messages.jpg

So on 5/24 when I placed the order and paid my deposit I immediately got the confirmation email from Ford. Also, while submitting my order, my dealer went ahead and entered both mine and my wife’s license into the system. Since then, I have called Ford marketing hoping for a VIN, and while I still don’t have one, each time they did conform that my order was in the system. I think they called it “Unscheduled-clean” but each time my order and information was all entered into Ford’s system. Maybe it needs to be entered…. harder?? I don’t ow…

A couple of weeks after I submitted all of my stuff is when these verification forms became a thing… and the consensus was that this only applied for orders placed after June 8th. Despite this though, many people have reported that their dealers contacted them for a copy of their license and/or a $500 deposit that had ordered before June 8th. When I asked my dealer about this he wasn’t even aware of it at first but assured me that everything of mine was good because he had already collected that info and entered it into the system anyway. Also, I assume he was in the VVR and he said everything looked good in there. 

And now this… now we need yet another confirmation letter?! I somewhat wonder if this is real, or if it’s just dealers coming up with stuff to stay busy… I guess all of these things could also be true and sometimes some of the dealers just present things that haven’t been presented before to simply assure all of us that are patiently waiting for our trucks…

Regardless of what the original order date is, all unscheduled retail orders should be submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with a copy of the buyer's driver's license and a signed buyer's order. Otherwise, the order will not get scheduled with incremental allocation and it will get scheduled after orders verified by the COVP system.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Regardless of what the original order date is, all unscheduled retail orders should be submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with a copy of the buyer's driver's license and a signed buyer's order. Otherwise, the order will not get scheduled with incremental allocation and it will get scheduled after orders verified by the COVP system.

well I guess I’ll keep hounding my dealer, they took my license but no signed buyers order.  They are 9 hours away from me.  Or I guess I’ll be waiting a long time for mine.  Or maybe I need to find a new dealer idk 

Edited by JHForman812

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

So, reluctantly, I yet again called my dealer and inquired about this. Yes, as Ice Capades mentioned, it does have to go through the COVP with appropriate documentation so that the orders can be scheduled, and yes, mine had been through... because it's a normal part of the buying process. When bugging my dealer about this he also let me know that to date, all orders placed at this dealership have been entered into the COVP, and all have been approved, so all orders are just simply waiting to get scheduled to build. At this time, there is nothing more that can be done.

Maybe I just have a good dealer (although, I'll admit, until the truck is actually delivered, that is yet to be truly seen), but this is as I suspected... just part of the normal buying process. Nothing special really. I'd bet that if things weren't as crazy as they are now days, most buyers would probably not even be aware of this process... 

Edited by chadstickpoindexter
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

So, reluctantly, I yet again called my dealer and inquired about this. Yes, as Ice Capades mentioned, it does have to go through the COVP with appropriate documentation so that the orders can be scheduled, and yes, mine had been through... because it's a normal part of the buying process. When bugging my dealer about this he also let me know that to date, all orders placed at this dealership have been entered into the COVP, and all have been approved, so all orders are just simply waiting to get scheduled to build. At this time, there is nothing more that can be done.

Maybe I just have a good dealer (although, I'll admit, until the truck is actually delivered, that is yet to be truly seen), but this is as I suspected... just part of the normal buying process. Nothing special really. If things weren't as crazy as they are now, most buyers would probably not even be aware of this process...

Unfortunately some dealers are inept including mine which last week of April when I went in told me you couldn’t order a 22 yet until I forced them to go through the motions in the system.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Maybe I just have a good dealer (although, I'll admit, until the truck is actually delivered, that is yet to be truly seen), but this is as I suspected... just part of the normal buying process. Nothing special really. If things weren't as crazy as they are now, most buyers would probably not even be aware of this process...

Except that the COVP program is new and unfortunately not all Dealers are either aware of it or the benefits to both the dealership and the customer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rsmith2786 said:

ice-capades - My dealer seems to have no clue what this program is and gets annoyed when I ask too many questions.  I get the feeling they're uncomfortable with a customer knowing something they don't, and they lock up.  I'm scheduled to a week already.  Is there any benefit for me to push this with a dealer?  Or since i'm already scheduled i'm set? 

My dealer doesn’t seem to care about this COVP but my truck still hasn’t scheduled 

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Except that the COVP program is new and unfortunately not all Dealers are either aware of it or the benefits to both the dealership and the customer. 

Since my dealer doesn’t seem to be listening to my concerns about this, would you suggest placing another order with a different dealer ?

11 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

same with my order that was placed on 5/4 I was told a license and order signed wasn’t needed for that.  Who knows all I know is Ford is making a mess out of this

Ordered on the same day and didn’t have to do one at the time. happen to be at the dealership looking for a chassis cab a month afterwards and my salesperson told me we had to do the signed order paperwork for the new ordering process 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dewbs said:

Ordered on the same day and didn’t have to do one at the time. happen to be at the dealership looking for a chassis cab a month afterwards and my salesperson told me we had to do the signed order paperwork for the new ordering process 

I’m starting to think I should look elsewhere for a truck.  The way I see it I’m at the back of the line right now. 

I got a vin number yesterday and a schedule week of 8/9. But I didn’t get a verification letter. The system was sprung on them all of a sudden. I’m the first person at this dealership to place a order for a 22MY vehicle. It’s been a journey so far navigating it

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rsmith2786 said:

ice-capades - My dealer seems to have no clue what this program is and gets annoyed when I ask too many questions.  I get the feeling they're uncomfortable with a customer knowing something they don't, and they lock up.  I'm scheduled to a week already.  Is there any benefit for me to push this with a dealer?  Or since i'm already scheduled i'm set? 

If your order is scheduled, you're all set.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

My dealer doesn’t seem to care about this COVP but my truck still hasn’t scheduled 

If your order isn't verified through the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) it won't get incremental allocation for expedited scheduling! Without it your order will sit waiting for the regular allocation and scheduling process. Tell your Dealer to do their job!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

Since my dealer doesn’t seem to be listening to my concerns about this, would you suggest placing another order with a different dealer ?

First, make sure you're talking to the right people at the dealership. You should be talking to at least the Sales Manager or General Manager. Do not try to resolve this through a Sales Representative! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dewbs said:

I got a vin number yesterday and a schedule week of 8/9. But I didn’t get a verification letter. The system was sprung on them all of a sudden. I’m the first person at this dealership to place a order for a 22MY vehicle. It’s been a journey so far navigating it

The COVP verification notice posted above goes to the Dealer, not the customer. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

I’m starting to think I should look elsewhere for a truck.  The way I see it I’m at the back of the line right now. 

Given so many are not doing this as dealers in some cases are unaware, you may not be back as far as you think if you order now.  I mean the machine is just firing up and Ford wants sales...

Edited by Gadget

Guys guys guys………

If your dealer is t doing their job talk to the sales mgr and/or general manager and if necessary find another dealer who knows what is going on and is willing to treat you right.  Don’t put up with crappy sales people or crappy dealerships.  Ford dealers are a dime a dozen.  

• Like 2

Dealerships have received tons of correspondence regarding COVP.  As ice-capades and akirby have pointed out countless times, you need to talk with the Sales Manager or General Manager and get your retail order verified.   One of Ford's few programs which is truly a win-win for the customer & all dealerships.   We experienced some early glitches with uploading documents but all of our retail MY 2022 orders have been verified.