2022 Customer Order Claim Verification Status

Gadget

On 7/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, ice-capades said:

As akirby stated, just call your Dealer and tell them you want a status update. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the latest status updates. You can also ask them to send you a written copy of the report so that you can see it for yourself. 

@ice-capades I asked my sales manager for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility Report for my 2022 F-450 order and he said this:

"I have a Vehicle Visibility screen but it is Ford Motor Company Confidential and cannot be shared. I can tell you that your truck shows Scheduled to Week (Week-of Aug-09-2021) at the Ford Kentucky Plant 2, KY."

I got the information I wanted (build week Aug-09), but it would still be nice to see a written copy of it. Is there any truth to the his claim about it being "confidential"?

53 minutes ago, Skyler.WA said:

@ice-capades I asked my sales manager for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility Report for my 2022 F-450 order and he said this:

"I have a Vehicle Visibility screen but it is Ford Motor Company Confidential and cannot be shared. I can tell you that your truck shows Scheduled to Week (Week-of Aug-09-2021) at the Ford Kentucky Plant 2, KY."

I got the information I wanted (build week Aug-09), but it would still be nice to see a written copy of it. Is there any truth to the his claim about it being "confidential"?

Ford considers everything at the FMCDealer.com as confidential per this notice below. The company considers all materials to be proprietary including Order Guides and other documents and information. Most, if not all, of the information available on this site is that is also available on other sites, including automotive media sites.    

Ford Confidential:   This website and the information contained within is Ford Motor Company Confidential.

So, technically your Dealer is correct but there's really nothing concerning your retail order that's confidential. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

50 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Why would you need a written copy of it other than you do not trust what the dealer is telling you?

In my case, the dealer messed up big time, and I busted them on it.  Some dealers choose to lie to their customers.  Getting hard copy helps keep them honest.  While I've never had an issue with this dealer, I'm going to be hard pressed to ever purchase another vehicle from them.  If I wasn't so time critical, and they delayed my build, I would have easily gone to another dealer.

In Skyler's case, they can share with him as the customer ordering, but not anybody else.

18 hours ago, ice-capades said:

So, technically your Dealer is correct but there's really nothing concerning your retail order that's confidential. 

17 hours ago, twintornados said:

Why would you need a written copy of it other than you do not trust what the dealer is telling you?

ice-capades, thanks for the clarification.

twintornados, I don't have any reason to distrust this particular dealer, but I still like to get things in writing if I can. In this case, since ice-capades verified that what my sales manager was saying about confidentiality was at least somewhat true, I'm not going to push it further.

• Like 2

Went into the dealership and sat down with them to order my 22 F250 Lariat 2 weeks ago. Took about 30 minutes, 500 deposit and they printed out the vehicle order confirmation for me. Haven’t received anything else yet but I know I’m probably a few months out to get anymore info

8290125E-1B5A-4938-8AE5-AFC33BA61E13.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby2022 said:

Went into the dealership and sat down with them to order my 22 F250 Lariat 2 weeks ago. Took about 30 minutes, 500 deposit and they printed out the vehicle order confirmation for me. Haven’t received anything else yet but I know I’m probably a few months out to get anymore info

8290125E-1B5A-4938-8AE5-AFC33BA61E13.jpeg

This "confirmation" printed from the old CONCEPS ordering system is useless as it's for a "Stock" order with a "99" Priority Code which means "Do NOT schedule".

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 8:44 AM, chadstickpoindexter said:

So on 5/24 when I placed the order and paid my deposit I immediately got the confirmation email from Ford. Also, while submitting my order, my dealer went ahead and entered both mine and my wife’s license into the system. Since then, I have called Ford marketing hoping for a VIN, and while I still don’t have one, each time they did conform that my order was in the system. I think they called it “Unscheduled-clean” but each time my order and information was all entered into Ford’s system. Maybe it needs to be entered…. harder?? I don’t ow…

A couple of weeks after I submitted all of my stuff is when these verification forms became a thing… and the consensus was that this only applied for orders placed after June 8th. Despite this though, many people have reported that their dealers contacted them for a copy of their license and/or a $500 deposit that had ordered before June 8th. When I asked my dealer about this he wasn’t even aware of it at first but assured me that everything of mine was good because he had already collected that info and entered it into the system anyway. Also, I assume he was in the VVR and he said everything looked good in there. 

And now this… now we need yet another confirmation letter?! I somewhat wonder if this is real, or if it’s just dealers coming up with stuff to stay busy… I guess all of these things could also be true and sometimes some of the dealers just present things that haven’t been presented before to simply assure all of us that are patiently waiting for our trucks…

What number did you call to confirm?

my dealer said it was submitted but I’d like to make sure with Ford directly.

25 minutes ago, Sirunify said:

What number did you call to confirm?

my dealer said it was submitted but I’d like to make sure with Ford directly.

Ford Marketing: 1-800-334-4375

I may be wrong, but I don't think Ford Marketing will be able to tell you if your order has been submitted and approved through the COVP program... I have never asked them, and I haven't really called them in several weeks since I know mine won't be scheduled anytime soon (XLT w/ UTT hold). However, I do keep in touch with my dealer often and he has always been good to inform me about stuff like this... when I asked him about this specifically, he also informed me that my order was submitted and approved through COVP as soon as they were told that they had to start sending orders through it. My dealer has been straight with me since the get go, and I have no reason to think that he was lying, so I just left it at his word. If you don't feel like you can trust yours you can ask to talk to the sales manager, or ask to see the confirmation. Some folks have claimed that they made their dealer show them proof...

On 7/12/2021 at 3:39 AM, ice-capades said:

This "confirmation" printed from the old CONCEPS ordering system is useless as it's for a "Stock" order with a "99" Priority Code which means "Do NOT schedule".

Just found out my priority code is 11 and is clean/buildable

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 11:24 PM, JHForman812 said:

fingers crossed for both of us then man !! 

Have u been scheduled yet I was changed to a priority 02 2 1/2 weeks ago and still crickets no AS but I do have spray in bed liner and had dealer try to remove it but he said order was locked will have him reach out to regional rep again on Monday because if it gets changed then priority code goes back to 19 and then they have to change it again I’m so done with this ready to walk away !!!  

On 8/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, Stanggt24 said:

Have u been scheduled yet I was changed to a priority 02 2 1/2 weeks ago and still crickets no AS but I do have spray in bed liner and had dealer try to remove it but he said order was locked will have him reach out to regional rep again on Monday because if it gets changed then priority code goes back to 19 and then they have to change it again I’m so done with this ready to walk away !!!  

Yeah mine was scheduled awhile back, I cant remember the dates off the top of my head though.  My truck was built 8/26 and released 8/27 I have every option except tremor on my truck.  lariat 350 ccsb black appearance package.