Factory Hitch 7.3L

58 minutes ago, CanadianTremor said:

Thanks guys, maybe I'll wait until the truck shows up first.  I'd hate to drop $250 on something that is no good! lol

Did you get the HCTT package. As indicated in the 22 order guide, and quoted above, if you added the HCTT package, it comes with a 3” hitch receiver, but without the package it’s a 2.5” hitch receiver. 

31D2D139-2939-43A1-B4B7-C3E679B6A056.png

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a 22 f350 7.3 4x4 crew cab long bed, camper/snowplow package, 11900 gvwr and tried to get the 3" hitch but was told I can't change that.

I don't understand why I can't get a heavier/stronger hitch. It is probably for some liability reason. It kinda bothered me a bit until I stopped at Northern tool and auto zone and walked past the trailer hitch sections.....

There are no 3" Reese style slide in receivers.? I know I can always order one or go somewhere that stocks them.

There were plenty of 2" and 2 1/2" hitches, that's when I decided maybe 2.5 isn't too bad.

I've never had one of those adjustable hitches only various size dropdowns with various ball sizes so I have a whole collection of trailer hitches to grab and go for whatever trailer  hitch fits my needs at the time.

So to convert over to a 3 in with various drops and then to have each various drop with various ball sizes that's going to be an expensive shopping trip.

I am kinda liking the idea to stay with the 2.5 now. Don't really need the 3 in I just always like going heavier-duty on everything than what I'm going to need.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I ordered a 22 f350 7.3 4x4 crew cab long bed, camper/snowplow package, 11900 gvwr and tried to get the 3" hitch but was told I can't change that.

I don't understand why I can't get a heavier/stronger hitch. It is probably for some liability reason. It kinda bothered me a bit until I stopped at Northern tool and auto zone and walked past the trailer hitch sections.....

There are no 3" Reese style slide in receivers.? I know I can always order one or go somewhere that stocks them.

There were plenty of 2" and 2 1/2" hitches, that's when I decided maybe 2.5 isn't too bad.

I've never had one of those adjustable hitches only various size dropdowns with various ball sizes so I have a whole collection of trailer hitches to grab and go for whatever trailer  hitch fits my needs at the time.

So to convert over to a 3 in with various drops and then to have each various drop with various ball sizes that's going to be an expensive shopping trip.

I am kinda liking the idea to stay with the 2.5 now. Don't really need the 3 in I just always like going heavier-duty on everything than what I'm going to need.

Yep! My truck will be coming with a 3" receiver, and while I am excited about that... I also realize that it's going to be expensive! I will be getting a new Anderson WDH with a 2 5/16" ball, and will be ordering that on a 3" shank so it will actually fit the receiver without using sleeves and what not. But, if I want' to use any other size ball I will need to buy another receiver... The B&W drop hitches with a tri-ball will run about $350 and the Bulletproof hitches are around $430... So, between the Anderson and the B&W I am looking at $1k just on hitches!

To be fair though I need a new WDH, so that was $650 regardless of which size hitch came on the new truck. Besides this, I have a Reese 2" shank with a 2" ball that I grabbed at Walmart for about $30 IIRC... I also have a 2.5" to 2" reducer already, and as far as I understand the 3" receiver comes with a 3" to 2.5" reducer sleeve, so technically, if I needed to I could still use the reducers and the cheap hitch I already have... and with as little towing with anything other than my camper that we do I don't need anything else right now, so I don't have to run out and get everything all at once! But still... $1k in hitches!!