2021 Bronco Reviews

56 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Granted I only had the system activated for a short time because it annoyed me too much but I found that it was either WAAAAAAAY too fast or too slow. It never seems to be the speed I feel is appropriate for the situation. I would rather just do it myself. 

Do you use rain x or anything similar on the windshield?  That will mess it up for sure.

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Granted I only had the system activated for a short time because it annoyed me too much but I found that it was either WAAAAAAAY too fast or too slow. It never seems to be the speed I feel is appropriate for the situation. I would rather just do it myself. 

Auto HVAC on the other hand, I don't ever want to be without that again. 

I’ve always thought that, in light rain, the auto-wipers on our 2011 Edge were too slow.  In light rain, the auto-wipers on my 2018 Mustang are too fast.  I’d still rather have them than not. 

On 6/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, silvrsvt said:

I used to get a "ghost wipe" on my SHO when it wasn't raining out every once in a while with the Auto wiper system...wasn't a fan of that nor the auto highbeams that didn't work after my windshield got replaced. 

Sounds like they didn't recalibrate the system and get a good seal when they replaced the windshield.

I've never really had all these issues with the cars I've driven with Auto-wipers, BMW has the best system but all seem to work well; they are especially nice when you pass a truck on the road and they automatically speed up to combat the spray or on raining days where the speed of the rain changes. My family uses rain x on all our vehicles and my parents never complain about the rain sensing wipers going crazy, and that is something my mother would complain on. Though lately she is focused on when she plugs in her phone it automatically starts playing Apple music from the satellite radio station she had it set too.

More importantly my build day is 3 weeks from today, fingers crossed that doesn't change.

FWIW Mike Levine contacted me and asked if I would interview with both The Drive and The Detroit News about being "one of the first" customer Bronco deliveries in the country! Both interviews were done this morning, not sure when they'll publish but I'll share when they do. 

Wild time, guys. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

FWIW Mike Levine contacted me and asked if I would interview with both The Drive and The Detroit News about being "one of the first" customer Bronco deliveries in the country! Both interviews were done this morning, not sure when they'll publish but I'll share when they do. 

Wild time, guys. 

Damn....guess they don't mine the insider info your passing on ;)

17 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

LOL I've assumed for quite a while that everything leaked to me had been approved in some manner... to say the things that they couldn't. 

Still, I appreciate  your discretion in passing on inside information.  I'm sure there's stuff you're not telling us (with good reason). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Wild time, guys. 

You'd be a great spokesman for the new Bronco. Probably why you were contacted. You have a real passion for Ford and your Bronco. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, akirby said:

Did somebody at Ford piss off Jalopnik?  Good grief.

I really think that 'Tommy' is Jeep Fanboy.  He did have good things to say about the Bronco, but he was complaining about the 'missing' pillar between the front and back seats and how bad the sound was because it didn't have speakers behind the drivers head.  He complained about the windows drop when the door is opened--I think it's a great idea, but he believes it won't be dependable.

What's more important the stereo or how the vehicle was put together? 

I just saw Tommy’s video about his new Jeep (which explains a lot). 

He mentioned that the Bronco doesn’t offer a soft top in the 2 door?   How did I miss that all the past year?

Edited by Anthony

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

I had no clue you were 6'1"  I'm a pipsqueak at 5'9".  

Great article! I know the Bronco is getting all your attention right now, but let's pour one out for the Flex and the many years and miles she gave you.

My Flex has been legendary in its reliability and toughness. She'll long be celebrated by my kids as their favorite road trip car!

• Like 3

On 6/29/2021 at 9:57 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

The sensetivity in auto wipe mode is adjusted by the intermittent wipe setting.... but I used it for years before I figured that out!   I keep my wipers set around the mid intermittent range all the time now so they'll wipe and turn on the headlights when it starts to rain, then I tweak the setting as required for the best response.  When set right they only take a swipe when needed in lighter rains and auto adjust up to full speed in heavier rains.

Edited by CoolScoop