Future vehicle roll outs

It's been a while since I bought a new Ford, but the more I read about other Ford launches, as well as my Bronco, I feel that Ford needs to re-consider how they communicate with customers.   My big concern is that all manufacturers are going to start vehicle reservation orders, and over-promise delivery.   I get that Ford can use the "COVID card" here, but I'm sensing their troubles are greater than the recent pandemic.  I'm hoping that the dealers will at least get more insight of their product launches.   Many are far behind on info, and it makes the process confusing to the customer.

13 minutes ago, Brianstrange said:

It's been a while since I bought a new Ford, but the more I read about other Ford launches, as well as my Bronco, I feel that Ford needs to re-consider how they communicate with customers.   My big concern is that all manufacturers are going to start vehicle reservation orders, and over-promise delivery.   I get that Ford can use the "COVID card" here, but I'm sensing their troubles are greater than the recent pandemic.  I'm hoping that the dealers will at least get more insight of their product launches.   Many are far behind on info, and it makes the process confusing to the customer.

You can’t use Bronco as the yardstick here.  The sheer number of models and features and aftermarket products available at launch is orders of magnitude more complicated than a normal launch even without Covid and microchip issues.  Bronco Sport and Mach-E are much simpler and much more smooth by comparison.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

You can’t use Bronco as the yardstick here.  The sheer number of models and features and aftermarket products available at launch is orders of magnitude more complicated than a normal launch even without Covid and microchip issues.  Bronco Sport and Mach-E are much simpler and much more smooth by comparison.

I hope you're right.  

• 2 weeks later...

Almost every manufacturer is having huge production delays due to microchips and a overall global shipping crisis that is unfolding at some of the major ports. I have a friend that ordered a new Ram 3500 at the beginning of this year. Hes still waiting with no ETA currently.

This video does a good job of summarizing the whole thing and focuses in on the auto industry in particular near the end