The Bronco Has Landed

Just in from my dealer: My baby has arrived safely.

They're getting her prepped currently and I'll pick her up this afternoon. 

Big Bend 4 Door

2.3 / Auto

MIC roof

Mid Package

Signature Lighting

7/13 9:45pm reservation
6/21 build week
6/24 blend date
6/25 gate release
6/28 left MAP via convoy
6/29 delivered to my dealer

IMG_32391.jpg

IMG_32381.jpg

IMG_32341.jpg

IMG_32271(2).jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

30 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Just in from my dealer: My baby has arrived safely.

They're getting her prepped currently and I'll pick her up this afternoon. 

Big Bend 4 Door

2.3 / Auto

MIC roof

Mid Package

Signature Lighting

7/13 9:45pm reservation
6/21 build week
6/24 blend date
6/25 gate release
6/28 left MAP via convoy
6/29 delivered to my dealer

IMG_32391.jpg

IMG_32381.jpg

IMG_32341.jpg

IMG_32271(2).jpg

Very nice....love the color combination with the wheels. You will be noticed on or off the road. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

No towing or Roof rack?

That must be why mine isn't getting built till Friday, plus 2.7L V6

No towing or roof rack. We have the Explorer to tow (and the Bronco's specs weren't really in line with anything we'd need to tow anyways). I like the idea and love the look of the roof rack but I wouldn't use it often, and sliding the roof panels out from under it each and every time scared me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah and partly a joke! 

We had the same build dates when they first went out and my changed five times (I counted the other day) and now I'm just a week behind :)

somewhat ironic Im having more issues with the Wifes Sport than you lucky buggers with the big brother...stoked for you guys, sincerely.

Awesome!  Congrats!  How do you like Cactus Gray in Person?  I know I really liked what it looked like on the Ranger my dealer had in stock a while back. That sealed the deal for me...

Also curious what you think of the 2.3?  I drove a Ranger and it felt plenty strong, but I ended up opting for the 2.7...

Edited by danglin

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

No towing or roof rack. We have the Explorer to tow (and the Bronco's specs weren't really in line with anything we'd need to tow anyways). I like the idea and love the look of the roof rack but I wouldn't use it often, and sliding the roof panels out from under it each and every time scared me. 

I may wind up getting the roof rack whenever they make it available for Sas 4 door..... but I realize I won't use it much, so if I get it, they'll stay off/stored somewhere unless needed for the reasons you said.

Crappy driveway pics but here she is!

Early impressions:

- Has that bank vault feel like a F-150. Solid and substantial.

- Rides REALLY nice. Shook it around a bit out in the woods just to see what she can do. Incredibly surefooted. Much more confident feeling than other off roaders I've been in. 

- I know it's a learning transmission but it hunts for gears quite a bit. I'm assuming that will calm down soon as we get used to eachother. 

- Hate the auto start/stop. I've just been turning it off at startup, the button is easy.

- The interior is solid and super comfortable.

- Don't be in a hurry to get out of a parking lot with it! Lots of questions and pictures.

Overall? This thing is a damn home run. The engineers, designers, and awesome crew at MAP absolutely nailed it. 

IMG_20210629_173501_366.jpg

IMG_20210629_173501_491.jpg

IMG_20210629_173501_555.jpg

20210629_172610.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Hate the auto start/stop. I've just been turning it off at startup, the button is easy.

Thats a bummer. Ford used to have the best start/stop programming on the market. I wonder what changed?

I wish I had something to do with building yours but it's not likely I did. Enjoy the ride dude, may your adventures be many and trouble free. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Crappy driveway pics but here she is!

Early impressions:

- Has that bank vault feel like a F-150. Solid and substantial.

- Rides REALLY nice. Shook it around a bit out in the woods just to see what she can do. Incredibly surefooted. Much more confident feeling than other off roaders I've been in. 

- I know it's a learning transmission but it hunts for gears quite a bit. I'm assuming that will calm down soon as we get used to eachother. 

- Hate the auto start/stop. I've just been turning it off at startup, the button is easy.

- The interior is solid and super comfortable.

- Don't be in a hurry to get out of a parking lot with it! Lots of questions and pictures.

Overall? This thing is a damn home run. The engineers, designers, and awesome crew at MAP absolutely nailed it. 

IMG_20210629_173501_366.jpg

IMG_20210629_173501_491.jpg

IMG_20210629_173501_555.jpg

20210629_172610.jpg

Beautiful! Congrats! #Merica Also, your driveway is way better than mine. ?

OMG, look at all those cut lines in the roof. It's gonna leak, and the wind noise has to be horrendous. And those flat body panels? Door ding city.

No, I'm not jealous. Why do you ask?

Seriously, congrats! That's a sweet dang ride! I hope she brings you many thousands of miles of trouble-free enjoyment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Thats a bummer. Ford used to have the best start/stop programming on the market. I wonder what changed?

In full transparency, this is my first vehicle with the feature. My wife's old Cruze (that predated our relationship!) had it and I hated it, the Bronco's is slightly less abrupt but I can't see myself ever getting used to it. It's a tiny, niggling complaint, which means the truck is an absolute home run. 

We ended up popping the front half of the top off tonight after the baby went to bed, left the kids home, and cruised for a bit. Open air doing 55 on a back country road was perfect... and nearly spiritual. 

This is a SPECIAL vehicle. If they could just build more, it would be perfect. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I wish I had something to do with building yours but it's not likely I did. Enjoy the ride dude, may your adventures be many and trouble free. 

I haven’t had my start stop come on in years. Just turn on max ac, which I pretty much need all the time anyways, and you’ll never have to worry about it.