The Bronco Has Landed

11 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Just in from my dealer: My baby has arrived safely.

They're getting her prepped currently and I'll pick her up this afternoon. 

Big Bend 4 Door

2.3 / Auto

MIC roof

Mid Package

Signature Lighting

7/13 9:45pm reservation
6/21 build week
6/24 blend date
6/25 gate release
6/28 left MAP via convoy
6/29 delivered to my dealer

IMG_32391.jpg

IMG_32381.jpg

IMG_32341.jpg

IMG_32271(2).jpg

now you need to change your signature. 

5 hours ago, akirby said:

i got used to start/stop after a couple of weeks.  Works great in my F150.

You also have the older version which works wonderfully. 

Maybe I'm being too harsh here but my experience is it was amazing on the MY2019 cars I've driven (as rentals) and it was not so great on the MY2021's I've driven. 

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You also have the older version which works wonderfully. 

Maybe I'm being too harsh here but my experience is it was amazing on the MY2019 cars I've driven (as rentals) and it was not so great on the MY2021's I've driven. 

Curious why they would "fix" what is not broke?!! What did they do to make it worse...

Edited by danglin

Looking great!!! I am so happy for you!

PS: My wife and I: The first thing we do when we turn on our cars is disable Start / Stop....very annoying!

...and the button to turn it off in the Ranger is tiny and in the middle of a cluster of 6 buttons (which include the rear locker, crawl control, towing, traction control and parking sensors, etc...):

(Not my pic, but my Ranger is the same)

2117514.thumb.jpeg.34999e18f2bb484c806e6230d4530638.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Looking great!!! I am so happy for you!

PS: My wife and I: The first thing we do when we turn on our cars is disable Start / Stop....very annoying!

...and the button to turn it off in the Ranger is tiny and in the middle of a cluster of 6 buttons (which include the rear locker, crawl control, towing, traction control and parking sensors, etc...):

(Not my pic, but my Ranger is the same)

2117514.thumb.jpeg.34999e18f2bb484c806e6230d4530638.jpeg

Woof! A stylus might help with that. 

I'll say that ALL the buttons and controls in the Bronco are big and have a very high-end, durable, solid feel. The more time I spend in the cabin, the more I love it. 

30 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Woof! A stylus might help with that. 

I'll say that ALL the buttons and controls in the Bronco are big and have a very high-end, durable, solid feel. The more time I spend in the cabin, the more I love it. 

Awesome! I am so glad Ford went the extra mile in the Bronco to make it top of class in all regards.

That is my only real beef with the Ranger (your cousin!).  The usability of the switchgear is mostly an afterthought and all the buttons (from the HVAC to the secondary offroad controls) are tiny and all black.  It would be a major challenge to use the controls in this vehicle with gloves on.  I'm excited to see what cool stuff they bring over from the Bronco into the next gen Ranger.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Awesome! I am so glad Ford went the extra mile in the Bronco to make it top of class in all regards.

That is my only real beef with the Ranger (your cousin!).  The usability of the switchgear is mostly an afterthought and all the buttons (from the HVAC to the secondary offroad controls) are tiny and all black.  It would be a major challenge to use the controls in this vehicle with gloves on.  I'm excited to see what cool stuff they bring over from the Bronco into the next gen Ranger.

Aussies are known for their slender fingers!

24 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

I get so annoyed at those start/stop systems, I refuse to get a vehicle with it, just one more thing I gotta click...

Some members on Ranger5G just plug in a Glade air freshener or night light into the back seat 110 outlet and that turns it off automatically!  I keep meaning to do this but always forget to buy one.  lol. Easy $3 fix and makes your vehicle smell nice!

Edited by Anthony
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

I still say if you’re open minded about it and just use it as intended for 2-3 weeks 90% of you would get used to it.  Too many people make up their mind that they hate it and never even give it a chance. 

Any Idea of how much fuel it actually saves?  And how does the AC work when the engine is off for several minutes at a stop light or train?

I will remain open minded and give it a real chance when I get my New Bronco (Hopefully early September).

10 minutes ago, danglin said:

Any Idea of how much fuel it actually saves?  And how does the AC work when the engine is off for several minutes at a stop light or train?

8% in heavy traffic according to this:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a22994303/automatic-start-stop-useful-fuel-savings/#:~:text=Most people think the amount,eight percent in heavy traffic.

So what happens at a stop-the AC stops also, but say its 90+ day and you have your AC set to 70 and its struggling to keep it that cool-it will just run the engine.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, danglin said:

I will remain open minded and give it a real chance when I get my New Bronco (Hopefully early September).

It either won’t shut off or it will restart on its own to maintain cabin temp.  The only time I need to turn it off is if you’re stopped and waiting to turn left and need to turn quickly.  It takes the power steering a half second or so to get moving.

Its also easy to modulate it using brake pressure.  Light pressure and it won’t turn the engine off. 

Mine quit working due to the battery being low and my mileage is definitely down a little.

• Thanks 1

I have a 2010 Escape hybrid at work which stops when you are at a light.  I do not find it annoying at all and have not since I first got it.  Is the Hybrid stop/start different then on the non-hybrid motors?  I just don't get why so many people hate this feature so much.  I really don't even notice it at all, but maybe it is different on the hybrid.  

7 minutes ago, tzach said:

I have a 2010 Escape hybrid at work which stops when you are at a light.  I do not find it annoying at all and have not since I first got it.  Is the Hybrid stop/start different then on the non-hybrid motors?  I just don't get why so many people hate this feature so much.  I really don't even notice it at all, but maybe it is different on the hybrid.  

Its the same.

3 hours ago, mackinaw said:

I'll give auto stop/start another chance.  Mind you, my daily driver is a 27 year old F-150.  That's the kind of tech I'm used to.  Auto stop/start may be an acquired taste, at least for me.

You may not like it but just give it a chance and see if you get used to it.  

• Like 2