The Bronco Has Landed

2 hours ago, 95ripper said:

While technically the stop-start on a hybrid is the same, in reality, they are much different.  The electric motor in the hybrid system will start moving the car before the gas engine starts, so it is much less intrusive.  

Good point,  I’ve never driven a hybrid.

Like akirby said, the stop-start is modulated by the brake pedal to a point. 

Maybe that is part of the reason I don't notice it as much on my wife's Escape. When I drove it to work yesterday, I think I felt it kick in once or twice and it was barely noticeable. 

If you need to move out quickly from a stop for whatever reason, let off the brake and the engine will kick back in and you won't have a lag that you can have with the system. 

I've driven a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and had a 2018 rental Fusion Hybrid and the stop start wasn't an issue either from what I remember. 

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I've driven a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and had a 2018 rental Fusion Hybrid and the stop start wasn't an issue either from what I remember. 

4 hours ago, AGR said:

I don't even notice it on my 2018 Fusion Hybrid. But it obviously works seamlessly with the hybrid powertrain, probably much better than with a conventional powertrain.

I drove a 2019 Escape for several months while my car was having its transmission rebuilt a few years ago and start/stop worked great. I barely noticed it. Drove a 2021 Escape for a day a couple of months ago and I had to turn it off because it was making the entire car lurch so bad it was giving me motion sickness and that's something that usually doesn't happen to me. Maybe that's something that can be fixed with some new programming or something, I don't know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Maybe that is part of the reason I don't notice it as much on my wife's Escape. When I drove it to work yesterday, I think I felt it kick in once or twice and it was barely noticeable. 

If you need to move out quickly from a stop for whatever reason, let off the brake and the engine will kick back in and you won't have a lag that you can have with the system. 

Another option is try to turn the steering wheel slightly.  That will restart the engine as soon as you put any type of turning pressure on the wheel. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:39 AM, Anthony said:

Awesome! I am so glad Ford went the extra mile in the Bronco to make it top of class in all regards.

That is my only real beef with the Ranger (your cousin!).  The usability of the switchgear is mostly an afterthought and all the buttons (from the HVAC to the secondary offroad controls) are tiny and all black.  It would be a major challenge to use the controls in this vehicle with gloves on.  I'm excited to see what cool stuff they bring over from the Bronco into the next gen Ranger.

Yeah the switchgear in the current Ranger looks like it came out of a mid 2000's Focus. I think it's mainly because it uses the same interior as the RoW Ranger and that was designed more as a commercial vehicle then a consumer one. They just freshened up the fabrics, trim and tech goodies and said we're done. ?

21 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

With my Escape hybrid, no issue at all. I really like the hold button also so that you can rest the foot when stopped. Most times when I pull away from light the motor doesn't kick in until I get up to 30+ mph unless I accelerate hard or going uphill. But even uphill electric motor will suffice if hill is not long.

3 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Premier, this photo belongs in your sig or avatar or something, it's too good not to show it off!

Screenshot_20210630-102242_Gallery.jpg

Good call! Just don't tell my other 2 kids who aren't in the pic. ?

26 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You know, if you end up coming this way for the Woodward Cruise like you mentioned you better stop by and give me a ride ?

We're still hoping to! We're going to be in NoLa the 13-16 so it kind of depends on the kids and the canines. 

On 6/29/2021 at 11:19 AM, PREMiERdrum said:

Too bad that car hauler wasn't pulled by a Ford tractor instead of a Sterling!  But anyway, bringing back the Bronco is all well and good as long as Ford NEVER DISCONTINUES IT!  You see, Bronco is a model, NOT a make.  Jeep is a make, they're not going to easily discontinue Jeep!  And if Ford is going to keep making it bigger, then it'll end up like it did after OJ ran from the cops.....dead!  Check this guy Scotty Kilmer out. Most of his youtube titles are attention getters and not always what he's going to talk about.  It seems Ford is his favorite American car company to talk about, and it runs 95% favorable for Ford, 5% not.  But all of his videos are right on the money in my opinion. He's been in the repair biz for 53 years.  But he talks about everything and anything!  For example, this video title is misleading because it's almost 50% Ford/Bronco  content!

(213) Here’s Why GM is Suing Chrysler (The End of Jeep) - YouTube

21 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Too bad that car hauler wasn't pulled by a Ford tractor instead of a Sterling!  But anyway, bringing back the Bronco is all well and good as long as Ford NEVER DISCONTINUES IT!  You see, Bronco is a model, NOT a make.  Jeep is a make, they're not going to easily discontinue Jeep!  And if Ford is going to keep making it bigger, then it'll end up like it did after OJ ran from the cops.....dead!  Check this guy Scotty Kilmer out. Most of his youtube titles are attention getters and not always what he's going to talk about.  It seems Ford is his favorite American car company to talk about, and it runs 95% favorable for Ford, 5% not.  But all of his videos are right on the money in my opinion. He's been in the repair biz for 53 years.  But he talks about everything and anything!  For example, this video title is misleading because it's almost 50% Ford/Bronco  content!

(213) Here’s Why GM is Suing Chrysler (The End of Jeep) - YouTube

Hard guy to watch with those arms waving all around like crazy. And the headlines don't even come close to content of video. Other than that, some can be informative like blown turbos on 4 cyl. engines around 60,000 miles.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sullynd said:

Ours is Mineral Gray but with a White top. 

I had my heart set on a two tone, but my cousin (Sr dealership GM) found this one for me and I was able to pay cash for it. So no two tone.

So now I have a two tone Bronco! Funny how that works. 

• Like 1