Seat back entertainment in Super Duty

BrickHouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, BrickHouse said:

Yes, I tow and this is a workhorse truck, but I also usually have kids in the back seat and a little dvd action can help shut them up quickly! Should be standard on Platinum and Limited. 

We also tow and our oldest grandson is now of an age when he can start travelling with us during the summer months. I agree, a DVD option for the rear seats is a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a Toyota Tundra Limited a few years back and one of the main reasons in my decision was the roof console with a drop down DVD player. It was a very valuable tool traveling with kids. I would love to see that added to the SD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This link is for a newer version of the one I bought a few years ago, but has worked well.  This allows the two to watch separate or the same video.

NAVISKAUTO 10.1" Dual Car DVD Players with HDMI Input 2 Headphones Mounting Bracket Support 1080P MP4 Video Region Free(2 x Headrest DVD Players)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LFF55JK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_CFGM7QKKETVZ86P86JYW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, ScottK1 said:

It's far simpler to get each kid their own personal DVD player.  They're dirt cheap and they can watch what they want without fighting.

Agree here, when you have 2 kids that dont like the same thing, individual dvd players are they thing to have, makes for a less stressful drive

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit of a geek and have a Plex Media Server at home, I don' thave my truck yet but found that getting two tablets with the Plex app where the kids can sync whatever shows/movies they want for the trip is going to be less expensive than any built-in system Ford could provide.

That way with wireless headphones they each can watch/listen to what they want. We do have a rule that the trip has to be of a minimum length before they get their devices. Otherwise: look outside and enjoy the view! 

• 2 months later...