New to Blue Oval - Ordered Ford Vehicle

Euchre_U

Thanks to all for letting me join this group.  I ordered an F-150 on June 08, 2021 - even with all of the news around production delays.

Growing up we had - a 1972 Gran Torino station wagon, a 1974 Gran Torino four door (my grandmother's), a 1978 Bronco (that I used as a daily driver in HS and used at college), a 1986 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, and a 1991 Mark VII.  The Mark VII was the first car I purchased on my own (and paid for on my own). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shawns54 said:

Welcome from a new guy also, I ordered a new mustang back at the end of March, seem like the chip shortage will make we wait longer.

Your other post in another thread said that you already ordered a new Mustang, then you made another post being concerned about gas prices. I'm just wondering what these posts contribute. 

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to my dealer today.  My order is still sitting in the Ford order bank - no status other than that.  They had no idea of when the VIN will be issued.  Like others mention in this forum, there doesn't seem to be any way of predicting how Ford will schedule.  

8 hours ago, Euchre_U said:

I talked to my dealer today.  My order is still sitting in the Ford order bank - no status other than that.  They had no idea of when the VIN will be issued.  Like others mention in this forum, there doesn't seem to be any way of predicting how Ford will schedule.  

There are a number of factors involved including the model, scheduling allocation, commodity restraints, etc. Scheduling information is available in the Production Week Scheduling Information and Weekly Scheduling Notes threads and other forums/threads here at BOF.