Build change

KyleV

1 hour ago, KyleV said:

Thank you! 
Do you know when the cutoff for changes to the build spec? 

Vehicle specifications can be changed, with limitations, until just before the actual production date is assigned. At that point the order is "locked in" for production and no changes can be made. If your order is for a 2021MY Aviator, changes are cut off at this point. For 2022MY Aviator orders, there is no cut off date yet as production hasn't started yet! 

1 hour ago, KyleV said:

If I have been assigned a production date of Sept 9 for a My2022 does it mean I can no longer change the specs?

Orders usually can be spec changed up until about 3 weeks before the actual production date. After that they're "locked in" for production. Spec changes are submitted to the plant for approval which is either confirmed or denied within 48 hours. Spec changes usually push the scheduled production date back at least a week.  

• 4 weeks later...

Brining this one back. 

ive been assigned a vin and a build week of Aug 30. I’m told no changed can be made other than color. I’m disappointed to jot be able to add a couple of options. I’m told they have checked with both their sales and fleet manager as well as their corporate rep. 

When a build is scheduled it means that they have all of the parts scheduled to arrive for the build.

They don't have the additional parts the options add would require.

Talk to your dealer to see if he will allow you to place another order, with the additional delay, for what you want.

He might agree since he would have the original order on his lot to sell to someone else.

9 hours ago, KyleV said:

Brining this one back. 

ive been assigned a vin and a build week of Aug 30. I’m told no changed can be made other than color. I’m disappointed to jot be able to add a couple of options. I’m told they have checked with both their sales and fleet manager as well as their corporate rep. 

I don't recall ever seeing a case where AVO (Alter Vehicle Order) changes were cut off for options but not color. Any changes have to be submitted to the plant for processing and approval or rejection. Once the vehicle order is "locked in" for production that's it. It's getting a bit late for still thinking of making changes if you have a scheduled production date in a month.