ARTCENTER COLLEGE OF DESIGN STUDENTS IMAGINE LINCOLN QUIET FLIGHT IN 2040

ARTCENTER COLLEGE OF DESIGN STUDENTS IMAGINE LINCOLN QUIET FLIGHT IN 2040; PUSH CREATIVE BOUNDARIES IN TRANSPORTATION DESIGN

Going beyond the tangible, beyond the logistics of the shape of sheet metal, the feel of fabrics and even the elegance of technology, transportation design students from ArtCenter College of Design in Southern California were given an assignment that was, in its simplest terms: tell me a meaningful story.

With the relationship between Lincoln and the college firmly in place, Lincoln global design director Kemal Curic imagined a project that in many ways flipped the script – by requiring one.

Four teams of transportation design students were assigned the challenge, the first of which was being teamed with fellow students of varying disciplines, including film students, entertainment designers, illustrators and animators. The virtual mission was to imagine not only Lincoln vehicles of 2040 and beyond, but the world in which those vehicles would live – even the lives of the people who would drive them.

more at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2021/06/29/artcenter-college-design-students-imagine-lincoln-quiet-flight-in-2040.html

• Like 1

In the video, 

In the video there is not a single idea that is worth the trouble. not even one. there is not a single design that is at the height of a brand like Lincoln. What's more, I am surprised by the poor quality of the designs shown, how unprofessional and how terribly ugly all the designs shown are. The worst is the one that looks like a locomotive with the vertical double grill, like the one used until very recently by Lincoln. terrible. Could it be that what was really valuable was hidden or reserved? If this is the level of car design in the new generations, very bad times are coming for the auto industry

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2021 at 5:28 AM, joseodiaga4 said:

ARTCENTER COLLEGE OF DESIGN STUDENTS IMAGINE LINCOLN QUIET FLIGHT IN 2040; PUSH CREATIVE BOUNDARIES IN TRANSPORTATION DESIGN

Going beyond the tangible, beyond the logistics of the shape of sheet metal, the feel of fabrics and even the elegance of technology, transportation design students from ArtCenter College of Design in Southern California were given an assignment that was, in its simplest terms: tell me a meaningful story.

With the relationship between Lincoln and the college firmly in place, Lincoln global design director Kemal Curic imagined a project that in many ways flipped the script – by requiring one.

Four teams of transportation design students were assigned the challenge, the first of which was being teamed with fellow students of varying disciplines, including film students, entertainment designers, illustrators and animators. The virtual mission was to imagine not only Lincoln vehicles of 2040 and beyond, but the world in which those vehicles would live – even the lives of the people who would schizophrenia essays https://papersowl.com/examples/schizophrenia/ drive them. more at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2021/06/29/artcenter-college-design-students-imagine-lincoln-quiet-flight-in-2040.html

I love it when students are given the opportunity to work on a project like this, it gives them the experience they need to move up the career ladder, and Southern California students have had a lot of cool projects over the years. Sometimes projects are very innovative and some people think that they were designed by people with schizophrenia))) But now I study design in college and when I prepare various essays by famous authors, I see that many projects that became revolutionary at the very beginning were not taken seriously. But I often see California student essay ideas become real projects and have a big impact in the automotive industry.

Edited by Stive Brown
  • Like 1

• akirby locked this topic