Ford June 2021 Sales

So Toyota is moving products around to better suit its needs, Tacoma to Mexico to reduce costs

and other products moving to San Antonio to support Tundra but that also frees up more production

at Princeton……all of that makes perfect sense. 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, akirby said:

That wasn’t Ford’s only supplier as far as I know and both the local Jeep and Chevy dealers have less than 10 new vehicles on the lot.  You’ll see the others drop a lot next month.

Story today about how Toyota stocked up on chips and thus blew by GM in sales for the quarter. Korean auto companies seem to have lots of chips also. This could hurt the domestics for many more quarters. Lost sales galore.0

24 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Story today about how Toyota stocked up on chips and thus blew by GM in sales for the quarter. Korean auto companies seem to have lots of chips also. This could hurt the domestics for many more quarters. Lost sales galore.0

No surprise that Asian countries look after their own brands first, whether intentionally or not, 

it shows the foresight needed to avoid the problem that US brands now experience.

Lessons need to be learned regarding risk assessment of  critical path supplies.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, akirby said:

That wasn’t Ford’s only supplier as far as I know and both the local Jeep and Chevy dealers have less than 10 new vehicles on the lot.  You’ll see the others drop a lot next month.

Correct-as I understand it, the Japanese outfit was the biggest-and I'm basing my comment on the Ford number decline vs the GM/Hyundai gains.  Hope you are right.

On a slightly different issue, I had to pick up some parts  at my Deere dealer today.  I''ve never seen this place so empty when it came to new inventory.  I said to guy at counter.."what are you guys on a minimal inventory program"?  His answer,  "Deere can't deliver".  They cut back during high point of covid scare and then the economy fires up!  Some products are out 8 months!

19 hours ago, sullynd said:

Princeton is getting a bigger vehicle too, right? There was speculation they’d build a Lexus GX replacement. 

Not sure about Lexus GX, but it makes sense. The article I referenced says, "...mini vans and midsize SUVs." I assumed Highlander & Sienna,  but a Lexus GX would be doable, too. The article says that Toyota is spending $1.3 Bn on all this shuffling.

5 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Not sure about Lexus GX, but it makes sense. The article I referenced says, "...mini vans and midsize SUVs." I assumed Highlander & Sienna,  but a Lexus GX would be doable, too. The article says that Toyota is spending $1.3 Bn on all this shuffling.

All worth it to get the right products in the right places allowing  growth and control of costs.

• 1 month later...