2022 XLT Black Appearance Pkg

zekd

I have wondered the cost of the XLT black appearance package is.  It is not on the build n price yet.  I didn't even ask my salesman about it because it seems like it was several thousand dollars on the Lariat for 2021. 

21 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

I have wondered the cost of the XLT black appearance package is.  It is not on the build n price yet.  I didn't even ask my salesman about it because it seems like it was several thousand dollars on the Lariat for 2021. 

2022 F-350 SRW 4x4 Pickup

• Black Appearance Package (17L) - Lariat     $4,295 MSRP
  • Black Appearance Package (17L) - XLT         $2,630 MSRP

Price not listed on the 2022 F-250 Pickup Price List

Thank you for the pricing info!  I may have considered it for my XLT at that price, but I also got the premium package  which gives chrome, and heated cloth seats.  I really want the heated seats and the chrome package was the only way to get them.  And i'm fairly sure you can't order the packages together

34 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

Thank you for the pricing info!  I may have considered it for my XLT at that price, but I also got the premium package  which gives chrome, and heated cloth seats.  I really want the heated seats and the chrome package was the only way to get them.  And i'm fairly sure you can't order the packages together

From the 2022 SuperDuty Pickup Order Guide

BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE (17L)
Availability:
Optional on XLT and Lariat Crew Cab (XLT Late Availability)
Not available with:
● Camper Package (471)
● Snowplow/Camper Package (47B)
XLT Premium Package (17P)
Requires:
● 4x4
● F-250 or F-350 SRW
Includes:
● 6” Ebony Black Angular – Running Boards
● 20” Ebony Black Painted Premium Aluminum Wheel
● LT275/65R 20E OWL A/T (TCW)
● Black Ford Oval Logos, Front and Rear
● Body-color front and rear bumper
● Ebony Black Fender Vent Surround (Lariat Only)
● Ebony Black Painted front Grille Bars
● Ebony Black Painted Mirror Caps (Lariat Only)
● Halogen Fog Lamps (595) (XLT only)
● Headlamps – Black out surrounds, LED only (Lariat Only)
● Reverse Sensing System (XLT; std content on Lariat)
● Tough Bed® (Lariat Only; spray-in bedliner; includes tailgate-Guard, black box bed tie-down hooks and black bed attachment bolts)
● Wheel Well Liner, Rear (61M)

CHROME PACKAGE (17C)
Availability:
Optional on Lariat SuperCab and Crew Cab
● Optional on King Ranch® 4x4

Not available with:
● Power-Deployable Running Boards (18E) on Lariat
Includes:
● 6" Angular Chrome step bars (replaces Accent-color Illuminated tubular cab steps on King Ranch®)
● 18" Chrome PVD Wheels (647) (Lariat SRW only)
● 20" Chrome PVD Aluminum Wheels (649) (King Ranch® SRW Only)
● Body-color door handles with chrome insert
● Chrome exhaust tip
● Chrome tow hooks – front, two (2)
● LT275/65Rx18E BSW A/S (TCH) (standard on Lariat SRW only)
● Unique Chrome mirror caps
● Chrome front and rear bumpers – King Ranch®
● Chrome rear tailgate appliqué – King Ranch®
● Power-folding with Autofold, PowerScope® Telescoping, Power Glass Trailer Tow Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, Utility Lighting System(LED Side-mirror Spotlights) (54F)
Options Available:
● Extended Running Boards, 6” Chrome Angular (18D) (when King Ranch® Ultimate Pkg. 96K is ordered you will get Power-Deployable Running Boards)
● LT275/70Rx18E BSW A/T, 4x4 (TDX) (Lariat SRW only)
● LT275/70Rx18E OWL A/T, 4x4 (TDU) (Lariat SRW only)
● LT275/65Rx20E OWL A/T, 4x4 (TCW) (SRW only; includes 20” Chrome PVD Aluminum wheel (649))

Heated seats are optional on Lariat and standard on King Ranch, Platinum and Limited series. 

Edited by ice-capades
Format

Wow some new info. Thank you!  Leads to some questions:

- Does xlt black pkg get chrome fender badge? (Hope not)

- Does xlt black pkg have black rough plastic mirror caps or (please no) chrome caps?

I was resigned to the fact the xlt black pkg would not get leds.  I can live.wirh that. My concern is if I have to spend $$$ to lose some chrome it may still have,  kinda sucks when paying extra for the pkg. 

Sounds like they will be the same wheels as the lariat pkg? Maybe not. 

18 minutes ago, Power Kid said:

Wow some new info. Thank you!  Leads to some questions:

- Does xlt black pkg get chrome fender badge? (Hope not)

- Does xlt black pkg have black rough plastic mirror caps or (please no) chrome caps?

I was resigned to the fact the xlt black pkg would not get leds.  I can live.wirh that. My concern is if I have to spend $$$ to lose some chrome it may still have,  kinda sucks when paying extra for the pkg. 

Sounds like they will be the same wheels as the lariat pkg? Maybe not. 

About to order an XLT with the Black pkg,  From my understanding, it follows the same blackout features as the Lariat, minues LED headlights and fog lights.  Those will be Halogen.  Wheels will be the exact same thing as the Lariat.

vehicle.thumb.png.ba338fb0bae575e61301d64f008c2012.png

vehicle-1.thumb.png.1f4f8914a438ffef416d94a118e3fcbc.png

• 1 month later...

Yah they are. Pic is from ford.com B&P tool black app pkg. When u build it has some glitches and one bumper chrome but thats wrong. Has xlt grille but black. Chrome fender badge. Rough plastic mirror cap. Dame wheels as Lariat pkg. 20210808_222829.jpg.5976e29ddf620089ea52f443324cd8e5.jpg

Edited by Power Kid
Add pic

On 7/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, zekd said:

About to order an XLT with the Black pkg,  From my understanding, it follows the same blackout features as the Lariat, minues LED headlights and fog lights.  Those will be Halogen.  Wheels will be the exact same thing as the Lariat.

I am going to have to re-visit my dealer (again after several order changes).  They told me, on my first build, that the black-out package was not available for the 22MY XLT.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2022 F=250 Crew Cab Agate Black XLT getting delivered any day now with the Black Appearance Package. I still have never seen pictures of one other than what's on the Ford build tool. 

The down side with this package is you don't get heated leather seats. I have over 8k in options so still be pretty nice I just couldn't see another 6k for the Lariat to get heated leather seats. 

On 12/18/2021 at 7:25 AM, Fred F-250 said:

I have a 2022 F=250 Crew Cab Agate Black XLT getting delivered any day now with the Black Appearance Package. I still have never seen pictures of one other than what's on the Ford build tool. 

The down side with this package is you don't get heated leather seats. I have over 8k in options so still be pretty nice I just couldn't see another 6k for the Lariat to get heated leather seats. 

That was the one thing I didn't like, the XLT premium package has heated cloth and is less expensive then the black appearance package. But it has way too much chrome for me. I wanted the black package more then the heated seats and figured if I want them that badly I can put aftermarket heat in it. I'm in canada and haven't really missed them. My wife has heated seats in her car and I usually turn them off after 5 minutes or so anyways.

Here is mine in carbonized grey, I'd love to see how yours looks in black when it comes in!

20211029_144459.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane60 said:

That was the one thing I didn't like, the XLT premium package has heated cloth and is less expensive then the black appearance package. But it has way too much chrome for me. I wanted the black package more then the heated seats and figured if I want them that badly I can put aftermarket heat in it. I'm in canada and haven't really missed them. My wife has heated seats in her car and I usually turn them off after 5 minutes or so anyways.

Here is mine in carbonized grey, I'd love to see how yours looks in black when it comes in!

20211029_144459.jpg

The Ford Tracker says estimated delivery 27 December this morning. I sold my 2018 Ram 2500 this past week so I'd like to get it.

Has anybody added xlt value pack and black pack together? I would want to have the value pack(power seat, auto lock/unlock, under seat storage, door keypad) but for some reason if I add xlt value pack, I get the chrome front and back bumper even with black pack. 

Is this just ford website glitch? I am in Canada. 

On 12/23/2021 at 9:45 AM, Kevin208 said:

I also ordered a carbonized gray XLT  with black out pkg just wish fender emblems came black, don't know why Ford would put chrome emblems on a black out  pkg shouldn't be too hard to paint black 

Yeah I think that was a huge letdown by Ford. I had mine color matched instead of going all black. 

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Recently took delivery of my 2022 F250 Lariat FX4 6.7 TD with, among other options, the Black Appearance Package.  The truck is truly awesome, but I have 2 gripes only thus far.

1.  With the awesome exterior appearance, the truck with the $4200 black appearance package is delivered with the dual nozzle exhaust tips being awful looking galvanized steel……totally looks unfinished with the black exterior appointments.  Why Ford did not blackout the exhaust tips is beyond me.  It’s a real eyesore and I guess I’ll be getting some black exhaust paint and doing them myself.

2.  Rain sensing wipers are standard on vehicles that cost 1/3 of this $76k beast.  The only way to get them on this truck is to special order.  Get this:  The rain sensing wiper option is a whopping $160.  Really?  Come on Ford, for $76k throw us a bone.  Would have ordered them, but this truck was a special order that fell through so I scooped it up to avoid the months long wait on a special order.  At the end of the day, something this simple and basic should be standard at this price point.

Other than these two issues, it’s an awesome beast of a truck.