Power Kid

Update on 6.8L @ Windsor

Been @ 8+ months now since the news leaked about the upcoming 6.8L V8 :drool: being built at Windsor. I thought more news may leak out by now. Story was F150 maybe Mustang. (Maybe Raptor R?) If it lands in F150 assuming will be MY23? Talk was 22 but likely calendar year vs MY. 

Strange silence. It´s is widely known that´s coming. 

Nope. Wasnt in 22 order guide yesterday. 😫 Guess its time to order a 7.3L 250. 

In all honesty, Ford should bring F250 out of the Super Duty line and move it onto F150 chassis (F150 is practically available as a 3/4 ton now) 6.8L then would be available in 150 and 250 along with 3.5L Ecoboost and 5.0L Coyote (3.3L V6 standard power for 150 and 5.0L V8 for 250) then Super Duty starts at F350 and with available 7.3L gasser and 6.7L Powerstroke with 6.2L BOSS as standard.

Just my two cents worth.

Edited by twintornados

I'd be happy if they allowed more flexibility w the F150 HDPP. Even high XLT would allow LEDs and "better" audio. If XLT sport was option even better. Oh and the 6.8L as well. 

15 hours ago, Power Kid said:

Nope. Wasnt in 22 order guide yesterday. 😫 Guess its time to order a 7.3L 250. 

That’s what I did.  It was time to trade my Raptor and the Raptor R isn’t ready yet and my dealer only had allocation for one  21 Raptor, which went to the dealers friend, so I got a 22 F250 7.3L to try something different. I’m looking forward to getting back into a V8 again.