2022 Ford Everest Spied

Not surprising when Everest is based off the Ranger, the big takeaway is a squarer design

that fills out proportions and adds a bit more interior space, Ford has learned a lot in its

global markets. While Everest is no Bronco, it should do much better sales wise.

52 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I know.....I also think the Ranger design is skewing GMC looking.

Yes and no, sure they both have crescent shaped lights but the Ford’s F150/NG Ranger are more like full height with the grille, where as GMC lights are smaller in proportion to their gargantuan grille.

No doubt it is a similar light but the grilles make a big difference to appearance.

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Not surprising when Everest is based off the Ranger, the big takeaway is a squarer design

that fills out proportions and adds a bit more interior space, Ford has learned a lot in its

global markets. While Everest is no Bronco, it should do much better sales wise.

Everest hasn't taken off with the current get the way the Ranger has, but the potential is huge as proven by the sales of both the Prado and Fortuner. 

I believe part of that may due to Ford emphasizing Ranger production over Everest.

Edited by ausrutherford

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

Everest hasn't taken off with the current get the way the Ranger has, but the potential is huge as proven by the sales of both the Prado and Fortuner. 

I believe part of that may due to Ford emphasizing Ranger production over Everest.

Its good but not great, and that's probably what's holding it back more than anything. With the injection of Bronco DNA the NG T6 platform is getting across the lineup (which started with Bronco if we're really being honest here) that should help dramatically. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Production constraint is probably a real limiting factor which is why Ford is adding capacity to T6 plants. Toyota has 4 SUVs in the same price/size range: Landcruiser 70, Prado, 4Runner, and Fortuner. Ford had just Everest... so it needed to cover a lot of ground with just one product. I wish Bronco was engineered to sell in RHD countries... Markets like Australia will eat it up.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bzcat said:

I wish Bronco was engineered to sell in RHD countries

I was under the impression that was part of the original plan for the U725 program but somewhere along the way it was decided that was either too expensive or they knew MAP was going to be capacity restrained. Maybe it shows up in a few years once the initial demand settles down and they expand to other markets.

Or it could turn out that NG Everest is Bronco with a different top hat. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we can see the Everest/ranger uncovered a bit more. I’m ready to see what the front end is gonna look like since what we have seen seems to differ a bit from the renders.

I’ve always been a fan of the Everest. I’d like to see it come here. I know there is a market for an off road vehicle with a fixed roof. It could be a true competitor for the 4Runner. Maybe ford thinks the timberline explorer will fill that void?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bzcat said:

Production constraint is probably a real limiting factor which is why Ford is adding capacity to T6 plants. Toyota has 4 SUVs in the same price/size range: Landcruiser 70, Prado, 4Runner, and Fortuner. Ford had just Everest... so it needed to cover a lot of ground with just one product. I wish Bronco was engineered to sell in RHD countries... Markets like Australia will eat it up.

Your lips to god’s ears….

The inside gossip is that making the 3.0 V6 diesel the apex engine in Ranger and Everest will do

much for perception of performance and refinement….I just wish it was a straight  six off the 2.0 Panther

I always thought the retool of the Wayne assembly plant would eventually include three vehicles, Ranger, Bronco and Everest!

the way to make allot of money is to fully utilize the plant investment running three shifts or two ten hour shifts.

Everest could easily take the place of the Edge and it would appeal to a larger group of people when oakville gets retooled to makeEV vehicles.

ford needs a sure thing with ic engines and maybe hybrids and an Everest would fit perfectly in today’s market!

I also prefer in line 6 cylinders but the 2.7 or 3.0 V6 would do just fine. Even the 2.3 ecoboost would be acceptable.

edselford

36 minutes ago, edselford said:

I always thought the retool of the Wayne assembly plant would eventually include three vehicles, Ranger, Bronco and Everest!

the way to make allot of money is to fully utilize the plant investment running three shifts or two ten hour shifts.

What was Wayne Assembly is now the Mod Center for Bronco. That wouldn't work anyway since what was the body shop for Wayne Assembly is now being use for body sub-assemblies for MAP. 

When I said Wayne assembly I mean the entire complex of Wayne and Michigan assembly plant. If you add up the production numbers for Ranger and Bronco after volumes stabilize, it won’t add up to 350,000 per year! To get to that number you need to add the Everest!

edselford

4 hours ago, edselford said:

When I said Wayne assembly I mean the entire complex of Wayne and Michigan assembly plant. If you add up the production numbers for Ranger and Bronco after volumes stabilize, it won’t add up to 350,000 per year! To get to that number you need to add the Everest!

edselford

I think if Ford really thinks they can maintain the same profit margin on 350k unit, they will do it. But I'm guessing they don't. 

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

350k is only 29k/month.  If they expand the Ranger lineup and options I could see Ranger and Bronco together doing 29k/month.

Even at that production level, clearing 125,000 Bronco orders is going to take most of the next twelve months 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Things I'm hearing about NG Ranger have me very excited. I'm starting to be glad I waited. 

I might consider one with the right cab/bed options, especially if there is a Lightning option.  My F150 fits in my garage but just barely.  I have about 2 inches to spare but I also like my 6.5’ bed for hauling lumber.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Things I'm hearing about NG Ranger have me very excited. I'm starting to be glad I waited. 

I’ve been wanting a 2 door bronco from the beginning. I actually got to sit in one today and it’s awesome, but getting in the back was a pain for me and my kids. I remembered getting into 2 door vehicles not being that big of a problem, but I guess being older and bigger combined with the higher step in height makes it a bit more difficult. 

So now I’m down to a 4 door bronco and a ranger. I really like the bronco, but the ranger probably suits my needs better, not to mention it should be less expensive. It’s good to hear there’s some exciting things to look forward too.

Wouldn't the Everest make a more interesting Lincoln exclusive? It could be a 'premium' off roader that is downsized and down market from  Expedition/Navigator. Lexus has sold basically the same GX460 for over a decade, without muxhf competition. . There could be a Lincoln market for this in the US. 

31 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Wouldn't the Everest make a more interesting Lincoln exclusive? It could be a 'premium' off roader that is downsized and down market from  Expedition/Navigator. Lexus has sold basically the same GX460 for over a decade, without muxhf competition. . There could be a Lincoln market for this in the US. 

No, no, and no....Lincoln does not need a "premium" off-roader since that is not even close to their wheel house in design operations. Quiet Luxury is road going fare....same reason why an F150 Platinum, King Ranch or Limited sells extremely well while past Lincoln attempts (Mark LT, Blackwood) sat and languished.