2 door maverick

falconman13

Oh there is definitely a market.  Problem is it would be at the lower end of the profit scale with low volume by comparison and it would compete with higher profit versions of Maverick, Bronco Sport and Transit Connect.    That’s the closest thing to the old reg cab Ranger.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 11:34 AM, falconman13 said:

Title says  it all, I know , I know, I know, There's no market, no one wants a 2 door, Ive heard it all, but that's why this is called a wish list.

maverick.jpg

Love it...now imaging it with a bench seat  and a column shifter.....( and the bed literally couldn't be affixed to the cab like that I don't think ) And  would have to be more profitable than that damn Ecosport

Edited by Deanh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have owned four Rangers and I am holding onto my 2005 extended cab xlt but would consider a new maverick if it were an extended cab with opening rear doors as I have on my 2005. I don't understand the argument that there isn't enough demand if that was true there wouldn't be so many of the old rangers still on the road and an easy sale in the used truck market.  I like the size because when I lived in my condo there wasn't enough room in the carport for the larger trucks with a rack and the length would protrude into the driveway. I have a 2009 Mercury Mariner that I just don't drive anymore but I like the ride and would think the Maverick would be about the same ride but maybe a little stiffer and I would be okay with that. I looked at the new ranger and it was too big for my needs and I don't need a four wheel drive.  I would pay the same price as the four door so it isn't a cost issue, it's a size issue.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...