Dealer Stiffed Me - How to get a Priority Order for 21 Nav

Had a deposit on a 21 Nav and it was sold by another salesperson. I must have a second row bench and there are none around. Needless to say, I am infuriated.

Dealer said he will do what he can to make it right - only way to make it right is to get me the vehicle I need

Is there any way the dealer can order and have the regional scheduler force it to priority 01 so I get it ASAP,  not 8-12 weeks? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

Had a deposit on a 21 Nav and it was sold by another salesperson. I must have a second row bench and there are none around. Needless to say, I am infuriated.

Dealer said he will do what he can to make it right - only way to make it right is to get me the vehicle I need

Is there any way the dealer can order and have the regional scheduler force it to priority 01 so I get it ASAP,  not 8-12 weeks? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

It's possible but the Dealer can't do anything until there's an order in the Lincoln USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Lincoln has a different process in some regards but the Dealer can't talk to either their Lincoln Zone Manager or the Regional Scheduler unless there's an order in place to expedite. 

15 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's possible but the Dealer can't do anything until there's an order in the Lincoln USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Lincoln has a different process in some regards but the Dealer can't talk to either their Lincoln Zone Manager or the Regional Scheduler unless there's an order in place to expedite. 

If I place the order, is this the type of situation that would qualify for being moved up in priority? If it is moved up and the dealer has allocation, any ideas what the turnaround time would be? Vehicle would be a Reserve L with second row bench and Lincoln Play. 

Thanks!  

24 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

If I place the order, is this the type of situation that would qualify for being moved up in priority? If it is moved up and the dealer has allocation, any ideas what the turnaround time would be? Vehicle would be a Reserve L with second row bench and Lincoln Play. 

Thanks!  

It shouldn't be a problem. You'll have to talk to the Dealer about any commodity restraints for Navigator scheduling but I'd be surprised if there's any issues. Allocation may not even be a factor depending on their Lincoln status type.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:36 AM, ice-capades said:

It shouldn't be a problem. You'll have to talk to the Dealer about any commodity restraints for Navigator scheduling but I'd be surprised if there's any issues. Allocation may not even be a factor depending on their Lincoln status type.

Thanks. They said they could have priority assigned (didn't specify what) and delivery would be in September - does that sound right for a priority 01 order? Seems long, but with the current situation that may be fast.

Vehicle would be a Reserve L if that matters.

28 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

Thanks. They said they could have priority assigned (didn't specify what) and delivery would be in September - does that sound right for a priority 01 order? Seems long, but with the current situation that may be fast.

Vehicle would be a Reserve L if that matters.

If the regional office re-prioritizes your order at "01", which only the regional office can do it'll be a best-case scenario. An "01" priority code pushes the order for expedited scheduling and forces the system to make every effort to make an exception for any commodity restraints so that the order can be scheduled ASAP.   

57 minutes ago, LincolnLawyer said:

Why not use their screw up as leverage to get a face-lifted 2022 for the same price you negotiated on the 2021?  Especially if it will be a fall delevery anyway. 

The Job #1 Date for the 2022 Lincoln Navigator isn't until 01/18/2022.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 3:19 PM, ice-capades said:

If the regional office re-prioritizes your order at "01", which only the regional office can do it'll be a best-case scenario. An "01" priority code pushes the order for expedited scheduling and forces the system to make every effort to make an exception for any commodity restraints so that the order can be scheduled ASAP.   

Thanks. Do you by any chance know what the current lead time is for a Nav Reserve 4x2? Order was placed two weeks ago and dealer said that the regional office bumped priority so build is scheduled to week of Sept 6, but that sounds like a normally scheduled build date for a mid-July order.

Please let me know if I should push back or, given the current situation, that's as good as it's going to get.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

Thanks. Do you by any chance know what the current lead time is for a Nav Reserve 4x2? Order was placed two weeks ago and dealer said that the regional office bumped priority so build is scheduled to week of Sept 6, but that sounds like a normally scheduled build date for a mid-July order.

Please let me know if I should push back or, given the current situation, that's as good as it's going to get.

Thanks!

OTD (Order to Delivery) times are anything but normal this year due to the microchip shortage and the interrupted plant schedules. You have a retail order that was placed 2 weeks ago, was re-prioritized at "01" by the regional office, is now scheduled for production the week of September 6th and you want to know if you can do better? You should be ecstatic! There are a lot of customers that placed orders 4-6 months ago that are still unscheduled and others have their ordered vehicles sitting in storage lots until microchips can be installed which could take months still. FYI... once an order is scheduled, the scheduled production date can't be changed.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

OTD (Order to Delivery) times are anything but normal this year due to the microchip shortage and the interrupted plant schedules. You have a retail order that was placed 2 weeks ago, was re-prioritized at "01" by the regional office, is now scheduled for production the week of September 6th and you want to know if you can do better? You should be ecstatic! There are a lot of customers that placed orders 4-6 months ago that are still unscheduled and others have their ordered vehicles sitting in storage lots until microchips can be installed which could take months still. FYI... once an order is scheduled, the scheduled production date can't be changed.  

LOL - that was my question as to whether it really was reprioritized. Based on your message, it clearly was. Many thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.