Tremor Lariat On Order and Anxious like all hel! Mods, Overland and Airstreams

Moosetremor

From San Diego Here!  

Well I’ve made my order for a new Tremor Lariat Ultimate F250 7.3L. I’ve added some extra goodies but really looking forward to Adaptive Cruise, Ventilated Seats, LED lights. 

I’m interested in the discussions of Tremor Package, photos of other trucks, Ford production and my order status, the tunes and turbo adds to the 7.3L and really looking to see how, why or if to do any of these types of mods? What does or does not do to your warranty and what type of success have you had fighting or working with your dealers? 

I was a bigJeep Wrangler Overlander before it was cool and made some epic trips such as a trip to the Gros Ventre Wilderness for the Solar Eclipse and North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  I have now journeyed into the Airstream life with my wife, daughter at age 3 and my two goofy boxers Ziggy and Zoey.  Realizing that safety and responsible towing is a must with the family in tow and the exercise expanding of camping luxurious to haul along.  I’m currently in a 2019 F 150 and looking forward to the extra truck as I continue my voyage down road.  

cheers to everyone and Hello! 

- MooseTremor 

4913BCA5-79EF-4A20-A1A1-0FE11EC3D51C.jpeg

EE130322-D242-46D4-B8C1-7FC8237A7059.jpeg

2367F67B-9701-43F6-990B-1A33AAE12533.jpeg

F34F38F0-70A3-49CE-BDA0-A7230E07AE19.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalJay said:

Sweet Airstream, any trouble pulling that uphill in F-150, like even at all?  I know it can handle it but curious your experience.  Thanks. 

It’s all about payload with the F-150.  The airstream is tounge weight heavy and with my wife daughter and two dogs, generator fuel, table and chairs, WDH and tow tools in the truck I am maxed out or slightly over on payload.  

never had an issue pulling as of yet. Been over the grapevine and through the Santa Cruz mountains.  Nothing in extreme heat yet, but never had any issues pulling.  My F150 is only a 2.7L with a max towing of 7600. Gross weight in the trailer is 7300, but never even come close to maxing trailer weight, usually sitting around 6200 lbs.  

The 10 speed transmissions and the engine seem fully capable but long term towing and loading near the max didn’t seem like the best approach for my hopes to keep a tow vehicle for any amount of time… really looking forward to towing with the big boy.  I have one more big trip this year and hope to have the new truck after it.  

hope that helps! 

Edited by Moosetremor