Video: The Taurus SHO is the fastest, most expensive Ford sedan ever developed

This antipodean begs to differ,

The 92 Falcon XR6 manual equaled the performance of the early Taurus SHO in a larger vehicle.

The later BA-BF Falcons were even more powerful with XR6 Turbo and 5.4 DOHC Boss 290 Kw

The final FG Falcons came with turbo I-6 and Miami S/C 5.0 DOHC V8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The 92 Falcon XR6 manual equaled the performance of the early Taurus SHO in a larger vehicle.

The later BA-BF Falcons were even more powerful with XR6 Turbo and 5.4 DOHC Boss 290 Kw

Australia doesn't count ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I think FPV FG Falcon GT with supercharged 5.0L V8 wins the honor of the fastest, most powerful, most expensive Ford sedan ever developed.

[2014_FG_GT-F_1_off_Victory_Gold==.JPG

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

If there is one constant about the Ford Motor Company in it’s 118 year history is that only when it’s back is against the wall and financial ruin is staring it in the eyes does it somehow do a magical management transformation and/or come out with some ingenious new product. Most companies who have been in such bad places just fail, but somehow there are just enough people in that company that care so much about it they turn it around over and over.

8 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

No JP  you guys count-if only you drove on the right side  of the road?  I  hope some of  the Ford engineers/designers have  been transferred to Dearborn.

Thanks Bob, a lot of those engineers were Melbourne based so just shifted across to T6 Ranger/Everest/Bronco project work.

Get this, it was like 2008 and the FOA CEO had T6 do a few favours for Falcon Engineering 

1. use emissions software to prove the 4.0 I-6 could meet Euro IV easily for about $17 million 

2. build two 2.0 EB Ranger mules with ZF6HP19 gearboxes, they acted as attribute prototypes for the planned Falcon Ecoboost.

Amazing how far a dollar can be squeezed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Thanks Bob, a lot of those engineers were Melbourne based so just shifted across to T6 Ranger/Everest/Bronco project work.

Get this, it was like 2008 and the FOA CEO had T6 do a few favours for Falcon Engineering 

1. use emissions software to prove the 4.0 I-6 could meet Euro IV easily for about $17 million 

2. build two 2.0 EB Ranger mules with ZF6HP19 gearboxes, they acted as attribute prototypes for the planned Falcon Ecoboost.

Amazing how far a dollar can be squeezed.

As the saying goes...."Where there is a will, there is a way".  I don't think that applies in Dearborn- at least when it applies to 650/750.  They come out with a home run gas motor  motor (7.3) and its taken 3 years to offer it with air brakes- in a truck  with a GVW of 37,000 pds.  Ford would be an exclusive in the conventional class with gas power  but no can't do that with any sense of urgency- air brakes in anything above 26 gvw is pretty much mandatory- regardless if it is a real or imaginary need.  Old truck guys are like that- IMO?

• Like 3

On 7/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, 2005Explorer said:

If there is one constant about the Ford Motor Company in it’s 118 year history is that only when it’s back is against the wall and financial ruin is staring it in the eyes does it somehow do a magical management transformation and/or come out with some ingenious new product. Most companies who have been in such bad places just fail, but somehow there are just enough people in that company that care so much about it they turn it around over and over.

You could say that in general about the "United" States. Only when our backs are against the wall do we unite and do something. It takes Pearl Harbor or 9/11 or Florida Peninsula under water to get us on the same page. Something about the human default of denialism.

• Like 1