2013 Fusion Temperature Issue

tterz

I own a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium with dual temperature control.

Issue:

Drivers side A/C is warmer than passenger side A/C temperature.

Actions Taken: 

I have changed the Mode actuator under the drivers side seat near the brake pedal.

Re-calibrated the actuator by pulling positive cable from battery and waiting a couple of minutes. Turned ignition to on, etc.  That did not work, drivers side A/C is still warmer than passenger side.

Questions:

Is there another part that i need to assess or replace?

I have read about a DATC that i might need to replace?  Do the symptoms lead to a DATC replace in the middle portion of the dash?

just a "DIYer" trying to fix my daughters vehicle.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

TTERZ

So what would affect the drivers side from not getting as cold as the passenger side?

I change "AN" actuator, but i am not sure if it was temperature or blend (mode) actuator?

It was the actuator on the drivers side which is right next to the brake pedal.  Is there possibly a different one that i need to change on the drivers side?

Both temp settings set to 68 degrees, the passenger temperature and air is much colder than the drivers side.  Not sure what to do to fix.

TTERZ

Not a technician here but your 2013 Fusion with Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) has four blend door actuators: (1) air distribution door actuator, (2) LH / Driver Side temperature door actuator, (3) RH / Passenger Side temperature door actuator and (4) air inlet door actuator .   You have apparently installed a new air distribution door actuator (#1).  My thoughts are that you are dealing with a LH temperature door actuator (#2) issue (the blend door is not opening / closing properly or choosing the correct location based on your temp setting).   Do you have access to a scan tool?  If so, self test all modules for any diagnostic trouble codes.  There are numerous pinpoint tests and inspections which may need to be performed to accurately diagnose your problem.   Replacement of the LH temp door actuator requires removal of the accelerator pedal but does not appear to be labor intensive. 

Edited by WillSD

WillSD.

So i removed and installed a new actuator right by the accelerator pedal.  I do not see any other actuators on the drivers side under the dash.  Is there another Drivers side actuator to change (temperature door Actuator #2)?  If so, i am lost regarding where i would find that actuator.  I even took out the actuator behind the glove box today thinking that maybe that had something to do with the issue, but that did not help either.

I am lost regarding what i should do next.....i see only one actuator under the drivers side dash and that has been changed.  

Thank you,

TTERZ

The only two actuators on the driver's side are the Mode and the LH Temperature Door which you have now apparently replaced.   The RH Temperature Door actuator is located under the glove box and the Air Inlet actuator requires removal of the Instrument Panel / Dash.  

The Ford (Motorcraft) part numbers are as follows: Mode DG9Z-19E616-B (YH-1906) replaced by GS7Z-19E616-A (YH-2022); Temperature Control [2 required] DG9Z-19E616-A (YH-1905) replaced by  GS7Z-19E616-B (YH-2023); Air Inlet DG9Z-19E616-C (YH-1907) replaced by GS7Z-19E616-C (YH-2024).  There is also a Driver Side Register Air Discharge Temperature Sensor located under the steering column which requires removal of the trim panel directly underneath the steering column and a Driver Side Footwell Air Discharge Temperature Sensor which the workshop manual calls for removal of the steering column.   The Ford (Motorcraft) part numbers for these sensors is CV6Z-19C734-A (YH-1811).  The discharge temp sensors are relatively inexpensive.

Again, I am not a technician and would first like to scan the modules for any diagnostic trouble codes.  Also, with the vehicle outside and running with the A/C on, have someone change the temp settings for the driver side while you look and listen to that LH temp blend door.  If you can see or hear any type of obstruction (lack of smooth transition) you may have a physical blend door issue.   Sorry I can't be of more assistance.