2022 Maverick photos from Chicago Auto Show

44 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I am debating whether to go the show and take a look at things.. If I end up going I will take some pictures and upload them.

Thank you in advance jcartwright99 sir. Chicago Auto Show organizers did a nice job combining indoor and outdoor exhibits for the 2021 event. Ford has 2 outdoor presentations. Built Wild, focusing on Bronco and Built to Electrify, focusing on F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E, and E-Transit.

Plus there's a Street Fest with food trucks including Smoke Daddy BBQ. ?

menu-lunch-1.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you in advance jcartwright99 sir. Chicago Auto Show organizers did a nice job combining indoor and outdoor exhibits for the 2021 event. Ford has 2 outdoor presentations. Built Wild, focusing on Bronco and Built to Electrify, focusing on F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E, and E-Transit.

Hopefully they brought the roof panels along for the Bronco, it's expected to be a bit "moist" down there later today.

HRG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I will say, I don't like the FE hood stickers on the Maverick. Sorry but First Edition in small print is not my thing. 

I'm thinking that it won't be that noticeable till you get on top of it in normal conditions. 

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

but I would know

I don’t know for sure but I don’t think you’d even see it from inside.  It would just look black unless you’re looking down on it.

That said I wouldn’t miss it either.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, PREMiERdrum said:

Bronco Sport and Maverick. Absolute home runs. 

Yes sir. Maverick just won Cars.com 2021 Chicago Auto Show Best in Show award. 2021 Chicago Auto Show: Best in Show | News | Cars.com

ford-maverick-2022-01-angle--exterior--f

Here’s why Ford’s all-new compact pickup truck is our 2021 Chicago Auto Show Best in Show winner. 

Hanley: The Maverick’s stats alone are impressive — up to 40 mpg city with the standard hybrid drivetrain, 1,500 pounds of payload capacity and a starting price of $21,490, including the $1,495 destination charge — but Ford’s new truck is just as impressive in person. The interior features lots of unique, functional design details, and both the front and rear seating areas are as comfortable as what’s offered in the larger Ranger. The Maverick feels more like a small crossover from the driver’s seat, which isn’t surprising considering its unibody construction, and while that won’t appeal to some truck shoppers, it will for others who haven’t had any small pickups to consider until now. 

Wiesenfelder: I ended up more enthused about the Maverick than I would have expected. I can’t speak for Mike, but I sat in the Ranger’s backseat and found its knees-raised position less comfortable than the Maverick. I’ve already written a fair amount about the Maverick in my Up Close that needn’t be repeated, but it bears stating that this long-awaited compact pickup stands out as much for what it doesn’t do as what it does. It doesn’t attempt to redefine a genre like the coming Hyundai Santa Cruz does, perhaps unnecessarily. And versus the other vehicles present that we considered for Best in Show, it has literally none of the dreaded touch-sensitive controls that seem to be spreading like a weed. It also seems pretty close to finished; not to take anything away from the Mav, but a few frontrunners were so rough in prototype that we weren’t sure if we were getting the whole picture — or how that picture might change by the time the production versions appeared.

Normile: Mike listed the stats, so I won’t repeat them, but they matter to me because they make this compact pickup truck — a class of vehicle that hasn’t existed in a long while — a viable choice for shoppers of many different types of vehicles, not just those who have been waiting around for a true compact pickup. Looking for a small SUV? A compact sedan? Here’s a pickup truck with better, or at least comparable, fuel economy and a truckload of additional utility. And while this auto show has new vehicles with capacitive-touch controls seemingly everywhere you turn, the Maverick’s physical controls are a relief. I would’ve even forgiven a smaller interior than the one in the Maverick because of everything it’s got going for it, but Ford went ahead and made it as comfortable as a mid-size pickup.

• Like 1