Adaptive Steering - Is it worthwhile......

50 minutes ago, Mojave_Idiot said:

You won’t lose steering if adaptive steering goes out. My understanding is that it’s basically a stepper motor that adds or subtracts turns into the steering wheel before it even goes into the column. Worst case scenario in a failure is that it leaves the wheel in a funky position. 

I’m holding out for it because I’m interested in having a truck that feels more maneuverable at low speeds while having a nice stable on center feel on the highway. Lots of guys have said they like the way it feels towing, as well.  

You do that, and I’ll take delivery of my truck and add it later ? my19 with adaptive steering wanders a little at highway speeds constant little corrections it’s annoying.  I’ll test my 22 without and then decide if I want it or not then add later. 

So here it is. After trying to drop AS on my original Built that was placed on 6/1 with 5 different tentative built weeks due to AS.  and the dealer not allowing me I went ahead and just put a whole new order in and just got this email today. Order was placed yesterday. I kept both trucks to see which one would get built first and as of right now it seems that the one I placed yesterday will be. built week September 20th

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NextLevel said:

I have AS in my ‘17 F350 and I like it.  It’s nice when maneuvering in tight spots….especially with a trailer.   I ordered it on my ‘22 F450 and really don’t want to delete it, but I’m beginning to think it’s not worth the wait anymore…..?

I test drove a 450 with it and really liked it, so last March I ordered my 450 with it. The latest build date was 10/25, but I don't believe that would have happened, so I cancelled it a couple weeks ago. I still don't have a new date, so I'm not sure I made the right decision. At this point, I'm even questioning my decision to even order a 22, when a full model change is on the horizon. Heck, I'm even hoping Ram offers a better transmission in their trucks. That along with a wide-track front axle, and I'd be ordering a full model change Ram pronto... whenever that happens. 

6 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I test drove a 450 with it and really liked it, so last March I ordered my 450 with it. The latest build date was 10/25, but I don't believe that would have happened, so I cancelled it a couple weeks ago. I still don't have a new date, so I'm not sure I made the right decision. At this point, I'm even questioning my decision to even order a 22, when a full model change is on the horizon. Heck, I'm even hoping Ram offers a better transmission in their trucks. That along with a wide-track front axle, and I'd be ordering a full model change Ram pronto... whenever that happens. 

If it was for the wide track front end, I think I’d order something other than a Ford also.  The Cummins is a great motor!

35 minutes ago, NextLevel said:

If it was for the wide track front end, I think I’d order something other than a Ford also.  The Cummins is a great motor!

Absolutely! For the past 16 years I've been driving a Ram with the Cummins motor. There's a lot to be said for a motor that's stood the test of time vs. the PowerStroke that gets fully redesigned or built by a different vendor every few years. That's not exactly confidence inspiring! I may not be a fan of how the Aisin transmission performs, but at least it's reliable. We won't talk about the 68RFE.