Backup Camera Options

JZahn

Hi,

Looking at options for a 2022 F250 Lariat. I have a question about one of the options, Is the only backup camera option the ultimate trailer tow camera system or does a "normal" back up camera come standard on the Lariat? Just trying to see if I can justify spending $1700 for  back up camera system. I know they have the CHMSL camera, but that seems to be just to view the box. Thank you for your time.

I was originally just looking at the standard rear camera for my truck but I decided to make the switch to The ultimate tow camera system… The more I thought about it, the front camera really started to make sense for me.  I’ve gotten by for many years without it, but I’ve bumped a few things in the woods trying to maneuver it for deer camp.. I figured it would also be nice for getting it into parking spots since I daily drive it.   I’m still not sure if it’s worth the cost, but since I plan to keep the truck for a while, it’s a nice addition for driving in the woods!

I definitely have zero interest in the pro back up assist, but since it’s included I guess I have to have it.  Hah  

jon

Edited by Simple.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mitch8628 said:

Dang, I wish I would have realized this early June when I ordered my truck.  I'd hate to spend another $1600, but I'd love to have all those cameras.  I did not get the UTT, but would love to get those cameras. 

The only reason that my wife agreed to move to a DRW was because of the 360 cameras so that she could see the fenders.

I totally missed this option on my order, I thought I knew all quirks for ordering. Got the heated steering wheel with the wipers but didn't look into this option further when I noticed the CHMSL camera was optional. It was a handy feature on my 2017 and mistakenly thought they still came with it. Too late now.

46 minutes ago, lrantan said:

I totally missed this option on my order, I thought I knew all quirks for ordering. Got the heated steering wheel with the wipers but didn't look into this option further when I noticed the CHMSL camera was optional. It was a handy feature on my 2017 and mistakenly thought they still came with it. Too late now.

If your retail order is still unscheduled, you can still make the change. It'll only affect scheduling regarding any commodity restraints in effect. If you want to make the change, it's better to make the change sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If your retail order is still unscheduled, you can still make the change. It'll only affect scheduling regarding any commodity restraints in effect. If you want to make the change, it's better to make the change sooner rather than later. 

I have a "production to day" of 8/12 on the VVR