Best Dealership to order F350

I am planning to get in to hauling hot shot hauling in the beginning of 2022 and considering F350 and Ram 3500s.  Found a solid dealership to get a great price on ordering Rams, but wanted to see if there are any go to dealerships y'all would suggest talking to about pricing an F350.  

I'm located in north Texas but would definitely be willing to drive for a solid deal.

As an aside.... it sure seems to me that Ford inventory is getting hit harder by Ram by this microchip issue.  I can find a substantially larger number of Rams available to go look at in my area than Fords, which seem near impossible to find.

I've been pleased so far with Long Lewis Ford in Hoover, AL. It's a little ways from Texas, for sure, but I ordered my F-350 from them in May, and they've kept me up to date on everything so far. It is my first order of any vehicle, so they were helpful figuring all that out. Apparently they have a pretty big allocation for their region (Atlanta region, I think). Plus they don't do the whole haggle with prices thing, it is what it is. If you want I'll be glad to give you my sales guy's name. Good luck whatever you do!

Edited by Jeff T

44 minutes ago, bshort said:

If hotshotting, think I'd be looking 550/5500 and probably go Ram.  

Yeah, I have really been leaning towards a 3500 Dually, but was still kicking around the idea of an F350.  Problem with the 550/5500s is that they are pretty well de-tuned and the 3500s pull as much they do.  If I were going to go 5500 I'd just jump into a Freightliner M2 or similar and call it good lol

23 hours ago, Ranger62 said:

I am planning to get in to hauling hot shot hauling in the beginning of 2022 and considering F350 and Ram 3500s.  Found a solid dealership to get a great price on ordering Rams, but wanted to see if there are any go to dealerships y'all would suggest talking to about pricing an F350.  

I'm located in north Texas but would definitely be willing to drive for a solid deal.

As an aside.... it sure seems to me that Ford inventory is getting hit harder by Ram by this microchip issue.  I can find a substantially larger number of Rams available to go look at in my area than Fords, which seem near impossible to find.

Joe Murphy @ Apple Ford, Apple Valley MN....7 people from Ford Tremor forum have also ordered from him. He is phenomenal 

16 hours ago, Whiskey-Tango said:

Jorgensen’s Ford in Richfield, UT has been the very best to work with, easy going, patient and very fair pricing. They also carry limited edition GT500 Mustangs etc
Speak to Brian or Cameron phone# (435) 896-8436

Joe at Apple Ford quoted me Invoice pricing.  Is that probably the best one is going to get these days on a 2022 Ford?

Edited by Ranger62

6 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

Joe at Apple Ford quoted me Invoice pricing.  Is that probably the best one is going to get these days on a 2022 Ford?

You got a quote at invoice and with the shortage of inventory you want to know if you could get an even better deal? You're kidding, right!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You got a quote at invoice and with the shortage of inventory you want to know if you could get an even better deal? You're kidding, right!

No, I'm not kidding.  I have a quote on a Ram 3500 Laramie for $300ish below Employee Pricing.  Maybe I should just go with that.

50 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

No, I'm not kidding.  I have a quote on a Ram 3500 Laramie for $300ish below Employee Pricing.  Maybe I should just go with that.

Thats because Ram has plenty of trucks on the lot, Ford doesn't, because nobody wants a RAM.  I would wait for a Ford, even at a higher price. Guy I work with bought a new Ram and the trim pieces were falling off the truck in the parking lot at work the week he bought it. Took it to the dealer and they glued them back on.  Then he went to unlock the drivers door with a key just to be sure it worked and realized there was no key hole in the door handle.  Looked at the back door on the drivers side and the hold was cut in the door handle for the lock cylinder but no lock cylinder was there.  They had put the front door handle on the back and the back door handle on the front at the factory.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

Thats because Ram has plenty of trucks on the lot, Ford doesn't, because nobody wants a RAM.  I would wait for a Ford, even at a higher price. Guy I work with bought a new Ram and the trim pieces were falling off the truck in the parking lot at work the week he bought it. Took it to the dealer and they glued them back on.  Then he went to unlock the drivers door with a key just to be sure it worked and realized there was no key hole in the door handle.  Looked at the back door on the drivers side and the hold was cut in the door handle for the lock cylinder but no lock cylinder was there.  They had put the front door handle on the back and the back door handle on the front at the factory.

I would say that "nobody wants a RAM" is somewhat inaccurate in the hot shot field.  On the hot shot forums and when I'm driving and seeing them on the road, it seems there are more Rams out there pulling hot shot than F350s.  I'm pretty torn between the two to be honest, that's why I haven't really pulled the trigger on them.  The prices I've been quoted on an F350 Lariat and 3500 Laramie are within a few hundred $ of each other.

The biggest problem right now is that I can't even find a Lariat or Laramie in my area to even go sit in and test drive.  I'd love to drive and give a look over each before making the decision.

23 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

I would say that "nobody wants a RAM" is somewhat inaccurate in the hot shot field.  On the hot shot forums and when I'm driving and seeing them on the road, it seems there are more Rams out there pulling hot shot than F350s.  I'm pretty torn between the two to be honest, that's why I haven't really pulled the trigger on them.  The prices I've been quoted on an F350 Lariat and 3500 Laramie are within a few hundred $ of each other.

The biggest problem right now is that I can't even find a Lariat or Laramie in my area to even go sit in and test drive.  I'd love to drive and give a look over each before making the decision.

I said that jokingly somewhat.  I know there are probably just as many die hard Dodge/Ram guys out there as Ford guys.  I would guess you can find just as many horror stories about a Ford or Chevy as a Dodge.  I was just having a bit of fun. We have guys that drive all flavors at work and we give each other a hard time.  I just prefer Fords.

13 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

I said that jokingly somewhat.  I know there are probably just as many die hard Dodge/Ram guys out there as Ford guys.  I would guess you can find just as many horror stories about a Ford or Chevy as a Dodge.  I was just having a bit of fun. We have guys that drive all flavors at work and we give each other a hard time.  I just prefer Fords.

No offense taken at all.   I'm really not much of a brand loyalist at all.... but strangely enough have only driven Fords and Chevys.  And honestly, I have always poked fun at Dodge more than anything, especially those goofy mirrors.  Only reason I am even considering them for this is because of the engine.  But I fully realize that both the PowerStroke and the Cummins will absolutely get the job done, and it's probably a coin flip as to if you're going to have problems with either.

Ideally I'd like to have a seat in both, take them for a test drive, and then make a decision since the price is pretty much a wash between the two.  That's the worst part of this shortage,  it's super difficult to find vehicles to go lay eyes on.  I'd prefer not to spend $68k without physically looking at each, but it may come to that.  

9 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

No offense taken at all.   I'm really not much of a brand loyalist at all.... but strangely enough have only driven Fords and Chevys.  And honestly, I have always poked fun at Dodge more than anything, especially those goofy mirrors.  Only reason I am even considering them for this is because of the engine.  But I fully realize that both the PowerStroke and the Cummins will absolutely get the job done, and it's probably a coin flip as to if you're going to have problems with either.

Ideally I'd like to have a seat in both, take them for a test drive, and then make a decision since the price is pretty much a wash between the two.  That's the worst part of this shortage,  it's super difficult to find vehicles to go lay eyes on.  I'd prefer not to spend $68k without physically looking at each, but it may come to that.  

I know what you mean, I ordered a Ford 7.3 and have never driven one.  Currently have a 6.7 and really dont need it and the cost of ownership is the reason I went to the 7.3 but I sure would have like to driven one first.  I know the power wont be there but it will be plenty to pull my 12k 5th wheel.  Dodge is my favorite to poke fun at as well...I mean look it up - the definition of Dodge is "to avoid".

Edited by aboyles2002

10 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

I know what you mean, I ordered a Ford 7.3 and have never driven one.  Currently have a 6.7 and really dont need it and the cost of ownership is the reason I went to the 7.3 but I sure would have like to driven one first.  I know the power wont be there but it will be plenty to pull my 12k 5th wheel.  Dodge is my favorite to poke fun at as well...I mean look it up - the definition of Dodge is "to avoid".

I have on order a 14k GVWR 5th wheel.  It was a tough call going with D, but I did.

9 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

I have always said that the Dodge has an amazing engine surrounded by crappy parts..... and that you'll end up with a great engine surrounded by stuff falling apart.  Maybe they've changed that and are improving, who knows.  I've watched all the torture test videos on the Eisenhower Tunnel and the Ford and Dodge sure seem like almost a wash in performance.  The one thing I am truly impressed with on the Dodge is their exhaust brake.  Seemed lots better than the Ford and Chevy.

Hopefully I can one of each to look at.  But the countdown is ticking if I want to have a truck in by November/December.

5 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

I have always said that the Dodge has an amazing engine surrounded by crappy parts..... and that you'll end up with a great engine surrounded by stuff falling apart.  Maybe they've changed that and are improving, who knows.  I've watched all the torture test videos on the Eisenhower Tunnel and the Ford and Dodge sure seem like almost a wash in performance.  The one thing I am truly impressed with on the Dodge is their exhaust brake.  Seemed lots better than the Ford and Chevy.

Hopefully I can one of each to look at.  But the countdown is ticking if I want to have a truck in by November/December.

I have always thought the same thing about the engine with crappy parts around it.  Engines are great diesel or gas.

11 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

Dude, take it!!! Now!!, dont waste time, invoice is a stellar deal reight now!

Absolutely will be buying from him if I go with the F350.  Really want to have a seat in both a Lariat and a Laramie.  I'll be pretty much living in this truck for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, so it's pretty important lol

47 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

Absolutely will be buying from him if I go with the F350.  Really want to have a seat in both a Lariat and a Laramie.  I'll be pretty much living in this truck for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, so it's pretty important lol

Hi Ranger. A Dealer/Salesperson may say anything.The key is to be able to verify what price the Dealer/Salesperson is actually giving you. There are many honest ones. And then there are many dishonest ones. I have seen Salespeople produce fake invoices. Or only give a handwritten price and claim it is "Invoice price", or in your case "...$300 below employee pricing". Or make "mistakes"  calculating all the pricing on the final purchase contract. And in an amazing coincidence, these "mistakes" are always in the Dealers favor. ?

So just be sure to verify that you actually get the promised pricing from whichever Dealer you finally decide to purchase from.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1