Stand alone LED headlight option on the super duty

Simple.

When selecting a Lariat trim level, and adding the value package, it would be a nice perk to add the $1200 LED headlights to the order.  The only way I can make it work is with the black package, or adding the ultimate package.. which allows you to select the led headlights (for an additional cost)

I get it, that’s a way to upsell the packages, but at $78k, LED headlights should be a standard.  Hah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LariatGuy500 said:

Maybe for the 2022. LED lights are standard on the 2021 F150 lariat I think

Yeah I got excited when I saw it on the build sheet but it wasn’t an option when I was ordering my ‘22 Super Duty.  It’s on the builder but won’t accept it unless you add the ultimate package (over $3k I believe, + $1200ish for the headlights). Or $4kish for the black package.  There are a couple $570 discounts with those packages but still couldn’t justify the extra $4k just to have the headlights.   I get it, it’s marketing and you have to pay to play, but I had to draw the line somewhere.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Simple. said:

Yeah I got excited when I saw it on the build sheet but it wasn’t an option when I was ordering my ‘22 Super Duty.  It’s on the builder but won’t accept it unless you add the ultimate package (over $3k I believe, + $1200ish for the headlights). Or $4kish for the black package.  There are a couple $570 discounts with those packages but still couldn’t justify the extra $4k just to have the headlights.   I get it, it’s marketing and you have to pay to play, but I had to draw the line somewhere.   

Yeah unfortunately it's common for car makers to lock desirable options into high trims. 

• Like 2

Since 2016, IIHS has exposed how bad headlamps are for many passenger cars and light trucks. This has resulted in many automakers making improvements, in many cases making LED headlamps and technologies like curve adaptive and automatic high beam systems standard across all trim levels. Headlights (iihs.org)

Unfortunately, heavy duty pickup trucks like F-Series SD that have GVWR >8,500 lbs are not evaluated by IIHS. So Ford is unlikely to make LED headlamps standard across the board on Super Duty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Since 2016, IIHS has exposed how bad headlamps are for many passenger cars and light trucks. This has resulted in many automakers making improvements, in many cases making LED headlamps and technologies like curve adaptive and automatic high beam systems standard across all trim levels. Headlights (iihs.org)

Unfortunately, heavy duty pickup trucks like F-Series SD that have GVWR >8,500 lbs are not evaluated by IIHS. So Ford is unlikely to make LED headlamps standard across the board on Super Duty. 

Excellent input.  Thank you for the explanation!  I will have to live with the halogens as I’m not a fan of aftermarket.

jon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...