Adding UTT to existing order F350 Lariat Ultimate

Ordered June 5th.  As far as I know, I do not have a production week or date.  Is there a downside to adding UTT to my order at this juncture? I'm assuming It may delay it a bit, but if it isn't scheduled, maybe it won't. Heck, maybe adding it would make the truck a higher end, and they would schedule it quicker..who knows.  

I did not realize this added the 360 degree cameras and is an option I'd like.  

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Making a change to an unscheduled retail order won't make a change other than complying with existing commodity restraints. 

Thanks Ice.  And if I remember correctly, the only UTT Commodity restrictions are on the XLT's, at this point.  I'll have to double check.

Edited by mitch8628

21 hours ago, mitch8628 said:

Thanks Ice.  And if I remember correctly, the only UTT Commodity restrictions are on the XLT's, at this point.  I'll have to double check.

Yes. Robbing Peter's XLT to build Paul's high trim truck.  We "lesser customers" who have ordered "lesser trucks" are being treated in a lesser manner by Ford managers. Instead of first come first serve...

And what really rubs the salt in, many people buying high trim trucks where UTT/PTBA is standard don't even want the option. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Radio said:

Yes. Robbing Peter's XLT to build Paul's high trim truck.  We "lesser customers" who have ordered "lesser trucks" are being treated in a lesser manner by Ford managers. Instead of first come first serve...

And what really rubs the salt in, many people buying high trim trucks where UTT/PTBA is standard don't even want the option. 

I feel your pain.  I ordered an xlt tremor package, and waited two months to find out they are canceling that option on xlt’s, then had to reorder the truck in a lariat trim level for more money.  My new order is showing two months later so I guess I lost my place in line on top of spending more money.  Haha

Edited by Simple.

I'll just wait two months and keep my money. :fool:

Here again, Ford robbed the XLT for parts to build high end trucks. Now I know there are a few, but not many people want to spend $90,000 on an off road truck to drive to deer camp through heavy brush, sitting on leather seats with dual climate control.

First come first serve would have worked better, IMHO.

Edited by Radio
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Radio said:

I'll just wait two months and keep my money. :fool:

Here again, Ford robbed the XLT for parts to build high end trucks. Now I know there are a few, but not many people want to spend $90,000 on an off road truck to drive to deer camp through heavy brush, sitting on leather seats with dual climate control.

First come first serve would have worked better, IMHO.

Hah yep exactly.  Now I’m hoping I get mine before deer season.  I didn’t want to throw a deer on top of my escape, but it’s leaning that way now.  

I trimmed a few options, got the value package, and it really ended up only being a couple thousand more but I do like having basic stuff vs tech/fancy.   

I did the same. 22 Lariat f350 6.7 Tremor w/value and black appearance (to replace the cancelled xlt tremor). No utt, no adaptive steering. I personally do not need all the fancy electronic gizmos. To me it's still a nice truck and will be light years better than the 2007 f250 6.0 it will be replacing. Like all corporations, its about money first and customer 2nd, Ford is no exception. I will say, my dealer has been very professional and communicate good, but i ordered on 4/20/21 and still nothing. Yet platinums, KR, and ultimate lariats I feel are getting production dates that ordered as late as first week in july.

I need the truck and therefore will wait

Edited by Baddestt
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

I did the same. 22 Lariat f350 6.7 Tremor w/value and black appearance (to replace the cancelled xlt tremor). No utt, no adaptive steering. I personally do not need all the fancy electronic gizmos. To me it's still a nice truck and will be light years better than the 2007 f250 6.0 it will be replacing. Like all corporations, its about money first and customer 2nd, Ford is no exception. I will say, my dealer has been very professional and communicate good, but i ordered on 4/20/21 and still nothing. Yet platinums, KR, and ultimate lariats I feel are getting production dates that ordered as late as first week in july.

I need the truck and therefore will wait

It will be something going from my 06 F350 6.0 to this 2022, no matter the trim level.  I'm sure the power, noise level, creature comforts are going to be amazing!  I always said I'd never get rid of the 06, as I've babied it and kept it rust free, but I guess that only increases it's resale value.  

15 minutes ago, mitch8628 said:

It will be something going from my 06 F350 6.0 to this 2022, no matter the trim level.  I'm sure the power, noise level, creature comforts are going to be amazing!  I always said I'd never get rid of the 06, as I've babied it and kept it rust free, but I guess that only increases it's resale value.  

Not to mention the power increase.  Everyone I know can’t say enough about the 6.7l power.  

I can’t wait.  

Unfortunately it’s not quite as simple as prioritizing high margin trucks.  I’ve only heard of a few platinums being scheduled.  Crickets on my order (plat with every option except adaptive steering) which was placed 3/22.  I suspect there is some balance between not building stripped down xlt and xl models vs the more gizmos the more commodity restrictions that come in to play, making something like a lariat the sweet spot.

who knows, but the grass probably looks greener for everyone :)

• Like 1

Not really sure how Ford is applying their scheduling with the parts restraints/shortages. I have a 2022 F250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor with most available options added, including the "adaptive steering" option.  It seems that this is my hang up on scheduling from all the info I've read here.  My scheduled week was moved from 8/9 to 9/20 about 2 weeks ago and I ordered my truck on 3/22.  I'm reluctant to remove the adaptive steering now as I've waited this long, what's another couple months at this point...lol.  Keeping fingers crossed that this parts situation gets resolved sooner than later!

I have a Lariate Ultimate Black App (no adaptive steering) priority 10 ordered 4/30 still sitting there Unscheduled-Clean. A friend ordered an XLT two days later from the same dealer and he has a build date so I don’t think it’s all about higher trim/profit trucks being built. It’s frustrating for all of us. I’m sure the scheduling process is extremely complex, especially this year, but it would be nice to have some idea as to the rhyme or reason behind it.

11 hours ago, Radio said:

Lariat trim trucks may be waiting (commodity hold) on the Black Appearance package.  You'll have to check since my focus is limited to XLT stuff.

nope, I know a few people(in real life, not forums) that have 250 Lariats with the Black appearance package on order.  Only one doesn't have a build date and VIN, and he's the only one with adaptive stearing.

• Like 2