2022 Bed Rug

14 minutes ago, jlc2022 said:

Hi guys,

Just want to make sure before I order that I'm not missing anything. The bed dimensions of a '21 and '22 will remain the same, correct? Going to order a bed rug mat. Thanks! 

Correct.  It’s the same bed

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Edunn37 said:

I've never had a bed rug.  What are the advantages of one vs a spray in liner, a bed mat, or even a spray in bed liner with a bed mat?  In my ignorance, I would possibly be concerned about snags or moisture causing mildew or mold.

I believe that they are mold and mildew resistant. It really depends on how you use your truck. I have a SnugTop camper on my old truck, and so I was constantly crawling in on my knees. I also camped in the back of it a lot. As odd as it sounds, I've always kept a rubber bed mat on top of my Bed Rug to improve durability. With both, it's comfortable crawling in and out of the back and probably better insulated when I camp in it. I carry a lot of stuff that would probably dent up a bed with just a spray-in liner. Though the BedRug isn't heavily padded on the sides, I think it's just enough. 

I've had drop-in liners, spray in liners, and I think they each have a place, depending on how you use it, so I won't say any of them is necessarily better. My next truck will have a spray-in liner, but I'll have that one set up differently and use it differently. 

One of the things I learned about liners is the friction and how things move in the bed. The drop-in liner is slippery so things slam the front of the bed when you hit the brakes or the tailgate when you accelerate. The Rhino Liner I had in another truck was basically slip proof, so nothing slid - the stuff just tipped over and rolled. Yeah, that was ugly. Sure, I should secure everything, but I don't. My current BedRug and mat combo has been a good balance of slip and grip. Things move as needed, but don't tip over.

14 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I believe that they are mold and mildew resistant. It really depends on how you use your truck. I have a SnugTop camper on my old truck, and so I was constantly crawling in on my knees. I also camped in the back of it a lot. As odd as it sounds, I've always kept a rubber bed mat on top of my Bed Rug to improve durability. With both, it's comfortable crawling in and out of the back and probably better insulated when I camp in it. I carry a lot of stuff that would probably dent up a bed with just a spray-in liner. Though the BedRug isn't heavily padded on the sides, I think it's just enough. 

I've had drop-in liners, spray in liners, and I think they each have a place, depending on how you use it, so I won't say any of them is necessarily better. My next truck will have a spray-in liner, but I'll have that one set up differently and use it differently. 

One of the things I learned about liners is the friction and how things move in the bed. The drop-in liner is slippery so things slam the front of the bed when you hit the brakes or the tailgate when you accelerate. The Rhino Liner I had in another truck was basically slip proof, so nothing slid - the stuff just tipped over and rolled. Yeah, that was ugly. Sure, I should secure everything, but I don't. My current BedRug and mat combo has been a good balance of slip and grip. Things move as needed, but don't tip over.

Interesting.  I had a spray in bed liner in the past, but it was a killer on the knees to crawl around in.  My incoming truck will have spray in plus a bed mat; however, I think that will prevent me from using the oem bed extender.  I may have to just get one that flips like the amp.  I don't need a bed extender, but it seems like the best option to keep things secure near the tailgate.

8 minutes ago, Edunn37 said:

Interesting.  I had a spray in bed liner in the past, but it was a killer on the knees to crawl around in.  My incoming truck will have spray in plus a bed mat; however, I think that will prevent me from using the oem bed extender.  I may have to just get one that flips like the amp.  I don't need a bed extender, but it seems like the best option to keep things secure near the tailgate.

Though the rubber mat may offer some cushion, it's not nearly as much as what the BedRug offers. 

Why do you think you might not be able to use your bed extender?

12 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

Though the rubber mat may offer some cushion, it's not nearly as much as what the BedRug offers. 

Why do you think you might not be able to use your bed extender?

It seems like I remember seeing on another forum that the height of the liner+bed mat interferes with the feet of the oem bed extender when using it within the bed for cargo management with the tailgate up.

I have never had a BedRug, but knew I wanted one before I even ordered the truck! So, last month I ordered a full liner BedRug from Tonneau Cover's World, along with the Bakflip MX4, a Bakbox and a tailgate seal. The BedRug was a 3-4 week shipping estimate when I ordered August 6th, but everything else shipped out the next day. Since then I have gotten a few emails pushing the BedRugs anticipated delivery out all the way to the end of this month... so I contacted TCW to find out if I could maybe get it sooner... they are now telling me by October 1. So, I called BedRug to find out what was going on... A lady answered at BedRug very quickly and asked me for the model number. I told her the model number and that it was for a 2022 F250. She said that right now there are not enough of this particular model on order to make these, and that they are making the ones with the largest amounts of orders first while the smaller batches build up... She said right now for the next 2 weeks they will be making ones for 1500's (not sure if it's Chevy, GMC or Dodge) but that the ones for F250's would not be made in the next 2 weeks for sure... so, if you want to order one, unless you want to wait for an unknown amount time obviously, make sure they actually have one in stock to ship at time of order.

I ordered mine a week ago and the website was showing 3-4 week time frame. Truck is being built this week so no problem. I called the next day to verify 2022 fitment as it wasn't showing on their site yet. She confirmed fitment. Longer wait will be for a cap on the bed from what I've read.

1 hour ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I have never had a BedRug, but knew I wanted one before I even ordered the truck! So, last month I ordered a full liner BedRug from Tonneau Cover's World, along with the Bakflip MX4, a Bakbox and a tailgate seal. The BedRug was a 3-4 week shipping estimate when I ordered August 6th, but everything else shipped out the next day. Since then I have gotten a few emails pushing the BedRugs anticipated delivery out all the way to the end of this month... so I contacted TCW to find out if I could maybe get it sooner... they are now telling me by October 1. So, I called BedRug to find out what was going on... A lady answered at BedRug very quickly and asked me for the model number. I told her the model number and that it was for a 2022 F250. She said that right now there are not enough of this particular model on order to make these, and that they are making the ones with the largest amounts of orders first while the smaller batches build up... She said right now for the next 2 weeks they will be making ones for 1500's (not sure if it's Chevy, GMC or Dodge) but that the ones for F250's would not be made in the next 2 weeks for sure... so, if you want to order one, unless you want to wait for an unknown amount time obviously, make sure they actually have one in stock to ship at time of order.

That's good to know. I ordered a BedRug #BRQ17LBK for my new F-450 on 9/1 from the same place and they gave me the same 3-4 week estimate. Of course, they charged my credit card immediately. Looking at other options now...

2 hours ago, Skyler.WA said:

That's good to know. I ordered a BedRug #BRQ17LBK for my new F-450 on 9/1 from the same place and they gave me the same 3-4 week estimate. Of course, they charged my credit card immediately. Looking at other options now...

Yours may be different from mine being that it is a 450 and a long bed... mine is a BRI-BRQ17SBK (full liner BedRug for a CCSB). The rest of the items I ordered from TCW shipped the next day and were here 3 days later, it's just the BedRug that didn't ship and was stated as a 3-4 week estimated shipping frame. But, after the 3rd email with even more extended estimated shipping time's I just called BedRug themselves to confirm it. Turns out, it's legit. (I'll also add that I want to keep my order with TCW for the BedRug since they gave me another $45 off the already marked down to $395 price, so I got it for $350.)

Also, it sounds like GCD mentioned he ordered straight from BedRug... from the way the lady at BedRug explained it, it doesn't really matter where you order from. She told me that for my model there were only like 470-ish currently on order, and that was a small order, which is why they weren't making these in the next 2 weeks for sure. However, she said that that number represents orders from BedRug themselves, as well as other companies that sell them, which would include mine that I ordered from TCW. This makes sense because the Bakflip stuff I ordered shipped from Bakflip. So I imagine when I ordered the BedRug through TCW, they just sent the order straight to BedRug. The lady told me that mine would ship from BedRug themselves, even though I ordered from somewhere else. It won't ship to TCW, then to me. Because of this, she said mine will ship as soon as it's made, along with everyone else's.

So, unless someone actually has one in stock somewhere, it could be a long wait. She was very nice, but like everywhere else, they are backed up and limited as to what they are doing I guess. 

Unfortunately, even though my truck was scheduled to be built last week, it looks like it still hasn't been built, so I guess I got time to wait...

I had a bedbug on my last truck and liked it... The ONLY issues I found was that it held splinters and wood chips... Everything else cleaned out ok..  It would also have to dry out after a tow in the rain... It did stain, but I did not notice any mold or mildew after the 6 years of using it.

I opted for the spray in liner for my 2020 and have a 2' X 4' rubber mat that I keep in the camper door, I drop that and kneel on it when doing anything in the bed.

8 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Yours may be different from mine being that it is a 450 and a long bed... mine is a BRI-BRQ17SBK (full liner BedRug for a CCSB). The rest of the items I ordered from TCW shipped the next day and were here 3 days later, it's just the BedRug that didn't ship and was stated as a 3-4 week estimated shipping frame. But, after the 3rd email with even more extended estimated shipping time's I just called BedRug themselves to confirm it. Turns out, it's legit. (I'll also add that I want to keep my order with TCW for the BedRug since they gave me another $45 off the already marked down to $395 price, so I got it for $350.)

Also, it sounds like GCD mentioned he ordered straight from BedRug... from the way the lady at BedRug explained it, it doesn't really matter where you order from. She told me that for my model there were only like 470-ish currently on order, and that was a small order, which is why they weren't making these in the next 2 weeks for sure. However, she said that that number represents orders from BedRug themselves, as well as other companies that sell them, which would include mine that I ordered from TCW. This makes sense because the Bakflip stuff I ordered shipped from Bakflip. So I imagine when I ordered the BedRug through TCW, they just sent the order straight to BedRug. The lady told me that mine would ship from BedRug themselves, even though I ordered from somewhere else. It won't ship to TCW, then to me. Because of this, she said mine will ship as soon as it's made, along with everyone else's.

So, unless someone actually has one in stock somewhere, it could be a long wait. She was very nice, but like everywhere else, they are backed up and limited as to what they are doing I guess. 

Unfortunately, even though my truck was scheduled to be built last week, it looks like it still hasn't been built, so I guess I got time to wait...

Thanks for all the details. I paid $379 for the one I ordered from TonneauCovered.com and the only other quicker (in-stock) source I could find was $479 after tax and shipping, so I'm going to stick with my original order and wait it out.

• Like 1

I have a bed rug mat in my 2019 F350 CCLB.  I can either reuse it in my 2022 CCLB when it comes in, or upgrade to the bedrug full side protection I took out of my Cousin's 2017 CCLB that has been under his canopy for the 2 years he had a canopy on it.  I took it out the day before he traded it in on his 2022 CCSB.

I am a big fan, but do put a rubber bed mat over the bed rug since I have it.