Ford should give an extended warranty on Vehicles that have been delayed more than 3 months

frenchs_33

My thought is that since the reason Ford's chip shortage is because the head decision makers thought COVID was going to keep them from seller vehicles. They then canceled their orders for chips, but continued to advertise their new vehicles. Knowing that Ford did not have enough chips to make those vehicles. So now vehicles sit in open uncovered parking lots collecting rust and not being stored in accordance to Ford's long term storage guidance in their manual. So I would say that giving an extended warranty should not be a big deal if they stand behind their product.  

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 9:45 AM, frenchs_33 said:

Also a good reason for extending the warranty is because the vehicles are sitting and could be chewed on by rodents and then missed once shipped. How is Ford handling those type of issues?

That's a big concern these days. In my case, the truck would be inside my garage 95% of the time where the sun and air pollution are not destroying the paint and interior.

Edited by MKX1960

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...