How to trace your truck by rail (New CSX Instructions)

Gadget

So if your seeing updates from Ford that say your truck has shipped, most likely it will be by rail.  You can track the movement of the rail car from point to point with these updated instructions from CSX.

Note: Directions are straight from CSX and I tested them on my own truck and it works.

• Touch Trace: Get the tracking information you need over the phone, at any time, from any place with Touch Trace Telephone Tracking: Trace rail cars with Touch Trace: dial 1-877-ShipCSX (1-877-744-7279), options 2-1-3.

Now to make all this work you will need a railcar number.  You can call marketing and ask or you can have your dealer pull it from the VVR report.  Fortunately my dealer shares information freely and I have attached two images of what the transportation report looks like on VVR and what your railcar number will look like.  

After option 3 is selected above, you will be asked for the railcars initials.  Looking at my example you can see it is BNSF...just say when prompted the letters only.

You will then be prompted for the railcar number, as you can see from the example my number is 302377.  You will then be prompted for additional railcars or you can say done.  Once you say done, the system will begin reading off the information on your car and its next destination. 

You can call back once it's on the move again from that point.

If you would like to read about this directly from CSX and these instructions, here is their link:

https://www.csx.com/index.cfm/customers/customer-service/track-your-shipment/

Screenshot_20210723-133915_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-132727_Gmail.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gadget said:

So if your seeing updates from Ford that say your truck has shipped, most likely it will be by rail.  You can track the movement of the rail car from point to point with these updated instructions from CSX.

Note: Directions are straight from CSX and I tested them on my own truck and it works.

• Touch Trace: Get the tracking information you need over the phone, at any time, from any place with Touch Trace Telephone Tracking: Trace rail cars with Touch Trace: dial 1-877-ShipCSX (1-877-744-7279), options 2-1-3.

Now to make all this work you will need a railcar number.  You can call marketing and ask or you can have your dealer pull it from the VVR report.  Fortunately my dealer shares information freely and I have attached two images of what the transportation report looks like on VVR and what your railcar number will look like.  

After option 3 is selected above, you will be asked for the railcars initials.  Looking at my example you can see it is BNSF...just say when prompted the letters only.

You will then be prompted for the railcar number, as you can see from the example my number is 302377.  You will then be prompted for additional railcars or you can say done.  Once you say done, the system will begin reading off the information on your car and its next destination. 

If you would like to read about this directly from CSX and these instructions, here is their link:

Has your truck already shipped?

7 hours ago, Gadget said:

What was the time frame for you between the “awaiting shipment” update and the first “in transit” update?

Curious if it has anything to do with how far the truck has to travel? Mine was built on the 22nd, Dealer ETA 7 August, and gives me a message "Est shipping 9 days"...guess we'll see!

UPDATE: Showing as shipped with dealer delivery 1 - 7 August. 

Edited by jlc2022
  • Like 1

Does the Ford plant load rail cars to nearby rail yards to be off loaded onto trucks? Window sticker says convoy (dealer said their vehicles normally come on truck from the factory since the dealership is only 280 miles from the plant) but this is the most recent tracking info I’ve received which indicates rail.

In Transit - Received - LSW31113 (Norfolk Southern Corp )    Ramp 8P, Shelbyville Mc, KY    Jul-24-2021, 07:36 ET.